Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

My Sailor Venus body pillow isn't ugly in itself, but the implication is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Lizard spats ornament is hella dope.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Yo I want one

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Psychonauts Camp Whispering Rock ringer t-shirt. It's brown and beige and I've never actually worn it, now it just lives in a drawer. I have other t-shirts like this that are hard or impossible to replace but also too delicate to wear or wash anymore. I want a way to copy/transfer the designs onto new shirts so I can make bootleg shirts from my own collection

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Dick Fontaine posted:

such a psychic weight on this thing. if there were objects of import to those in the afterlife, like the fetters that keep them bound to this world, this weird smelly ashtray is one of them for sure

My grandmother had this ashtray on her table for 60 years and now it sits on my desk.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Shrunken head as a christmas tree ornament :magemage:

Carebear
Apr 16, 2003

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno you will won't.
we've been dealing with clothing moths. all of our clothing lives in ugly plastic bins. hate it, but I hate clothing moths even more. my husband refuses to rip up the carpet and I think that's the next step to getting rid of them

my husbands response would be our ugly dark blue carpet that he loves

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

My forums account

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Sorry, but this is dope.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Internetjack posted:

I checked ebay and there are a surprising number of shrunken heads for sale for a lot less money than you'd expect.

I looked on eBay and none of the listed shrunken heads I saw were real, they’re made of goat or llama skin. Not saying yours isn’t real but I’m not sure you would be able to find a real human head online quite so easily.

Edit: can you post the cursed head?

Ralph Hurley fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Aug 6, 2023

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Ralph Hurley posted:

Edit: can you post the cursed head?

Sadly, no. The head is 1400 miles away, and there is no one there this time of year to snap a pic. I do recall that there is a black and white photo that accompanies it. It's my grandfather standing next to the tribal leader he bought it from. Just chillin' in the jungle, buying heads.

When my grandparents passed and the estate had to be evaluated for inheritance my father and his siblings had two evaluations done separately. Each appraiser essentially said, "Holy poo poo, this is a shrunken head!" My father and siblings just said, "yeah, no poo poo".

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Some sort of monkey skull maybe, or something else idk. My dad brought it back from a trip to somewhere and he gave it to me years later.

I guess I actually would part with it but for the sake of the thread let’s pretend I wouldn’t.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
A nazi flag and few iron crosses that my grandfather brought home as war trophies from WW2. In context its cool, but they sure are ugly objects and its not like I wanna put them on display. Theyre in my attic somewhere.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Internetjack posted:

A shrunken head. My grandfather got it in Ecuador or somewhere further south around 1930. Literally smuggled it back to the states in his pants. Competing native tribes did it as ceremony, but learned they could sell them to white tourists for what equated to them as a small fortune. Like $50. So they killed each other and sold heads as tourist trinkets.

It's small, about the size of your fist (skull was removed of course). The skin has darkened from a deep brown to almost black color over the years. It's eyes and mouth are sewn shut. It still has a full head of hair, though it's a bit wispy. It was put in a glass display case where it rests on a post that goes into it's neck. It's haunting to even think about it.

I gained ownership of it years ago when my parents put their estate into a trust and had me, my brother, and sister there to go over the fine details. Brother and sister did not want the head at all when it came up, so I begrudgingly said I'd take it. Otherwise ownership would fall to my eldest aunt who said she would give it a proper Christian burial. I'm pretty sure the dude wasn't Christian.

It resides at my parent's place in the attic. I'll have to take possession when they both pass. I have no idea what I will do with it, other than put it in my attic. I checked ebay and there are a surprising number of shrunken heads for sale for a lot less money than you'd expect. There's a small hand written tag in the case and I tried finding if the tribe or descendants still existed; and they do not. I called the cultural contact for the country and asked if they would want it back, and they essentially told me, "lol, No. We have so many of those we have no idea what to do with them."

I'll have to take possession someday, but short of a decent pile of money, I guess I get to have a shrunken head in my possession in the future. It's gnarly as heck.

I'll take it when the time comes

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Snowy posted:

Some sort of monkey skull maybe, or something else idk. My dad brought it back from a trip to somewhere and he gave it to me years later.

I guess I actually would part with it but for the sake of the thread let’s pretend I wouldn’t.

I'll take that too

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender
One of my cats looks like you washed Oscar the grouch in not enough bleach.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

my face, op

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Noobs.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Y'all should post more pictures.

Here's my contribution:

A taxidermied turtle my great grandfather recieved as payment from a sailor for a medical check-up or something.

I can't sell it because of some EU regulation. And I can't donate it to a museum without proof of purchase. So the family curse is stuck with me.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

:george:

Me again.
Oct 19, 2017
My jewelry box, which I was given as a big sister gift at 6 when my younger brother was born. I almost never wear jewelry and it's of a build quality appropriate for a 6 year old, but it was a very happy time in my life so I always keep it displayed somewhere. I was (and am!) so pleased to have a brother. :h: :j:

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Me again. posted:

a big sister gift at 6 when my younger brother was born

Is this a thing?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

my wife

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Sid's wife.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lol

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

My cock is ugly as sin but I won’t get rid of it because then I’d be a girl and I’m a no girls allowed place

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

This weird derp tiger(?) my wife stumbled across somewhere. It's just too stupid to not love.

Me again.
Oct 19, 2017

maybealabia posted:

Is this a thing?

Apparently? It was for me, I didn't really question my parents' motivation at the time.

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

Roundup Ready posted:

This weird derp tiger(?) my wife stumbled across somewhere. It's just too stupid to not love.

That's definitely a keeper.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

This guy was a gift to my mom in honor of my older brother's birth, so it's been in my parents house since before I was born. When my husband and I bought a new fancy house last year I asked mom if I could have him. She said yes as long I promised not to sell it until after she dies. First of all, to whom would I sell it; everybody else I have ever known wants me to burn it in a fire lol. Second, why would I sell him? I love him!

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Internetjack posted:

Sadly, no. The head is 1400 miles away, and there is no one there this time of year to snap a pic. I do recall that there is a black and white photo that accompanies it. It's my grandfather standing next to the tribal leader he bought it from. Just chillin' in the jungle, buying heads.

When my grandparents passed and the estate had to be evaluated for inheritance my father and his siblings had two evaluations done separately. Each appraiser essentially said, "Holy poo poo, this is a shrunken head!" My father and siblings just said, "yeah, no poo poo".

There's a shitload of fakes out there, and few real ones. Most people who think theirs is real are wrong. But they're out there, owned by weirdos and their descendents.

The best, though, are the people who think theirs is fake, and are wrong. :cursed:

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Internetjack posted:

A shrunken head. My grandfather got it in Ecuador or somewhere further south around 1930. Literally smuggled it back to the states in his pants. Competing native tribes did it as ceremony, but learned they could sell them to white tourists for what equated to them as a small fortune. Like $50. So they killed each other and sold heads as tourist trinkets.

It's small, about the size of your fist (skull was removed of course). The skin has darkened from a deep brown to almost black color over the years. It's eyes and mouth are sewn shut. It still has a full head of hair, though it's a bit wispy. It was put in a glass display case where it rests on a post that goes into it's neck. It's haunting to even think about it.

I gained ownership of it years ago when my parents put their estate into a trust and had me, my brother, and sister there to go over the fine details. Brother and sister did not want the head at all when it came up, so I begrudgingly said I'd take it. Otherwise ownership would fall to my eldest aunt who said she would give it a proper Christian burial. I'm pretty sure the dude wasn't Christian.

It resides at my parent's place in the attic. I'll have to take possession when they both pass. I have no idea what I will do with it, other than put it in my attic. I checked ebay and there are a surprising number of shrunken heads for sale for a lot less money than you'd expect. There's a small hand written tag in the case and I tried finding if the tribe or descendants still existed; and they do not. I called the cultural contact for the country and asked if they would want it back, and they essentially told me, "lol, No. We have so many of those we have no idea what to do with them."

I'll have to take possession someday, but short of a decent pile of money, I guess I get to have a shrunken head in my possession in the future. It's gnarly as heck.

Holy crap, I'd love to have something like that in my classroom!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Roleplaying Dad posted:

This guy was a gift to my mom in honor of my older brother's birth, so it's been in my parents house since before I was born. When my husband and I bought a new fancy house last year I asked mom if I could have him. She said yes as long I promised not to sell it until after she dies. First of all, to whom would I sell it; everybody else I have ever known wants me to burn it in a fire lol. Second, why would I sell him? I love him!

Lol nipple pinching clown owns

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Me (owned)

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

the lord owns u pal

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH