Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geneva Breaker
Aug 5, 2022

not read post
The arm rests don't go down low enough and the lumbar support is useless.
I can't even get the angle to lock in a comfortable position.

poo poo chair go hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012
Buy a standing desk. Then your legs and knees can hurt instead.

Geneva Breaker
Aug 5, 2022

not read post
I already spend too much time standing like a loving flamingo, one of my legs can lock in place so bad I could fall asleep on it.

It puts a nice healthy lateral strain on my spine, like doctor says "good for you".

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
There are no lovely chairs, only lovely sitters

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Have you considered buying a new chair OP?

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved
I can't relate to this thread, as I bought a Steelcase Leap.

Geneva Breaker
Aug 5, 2022

not read post

Sophy Wackles posted:

Have you considered buying a new chair OP?

yeah i keep getting lovely chairs, it's a vicious cycle of poo poo

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I got some giant evil throne poo poo. Totally uncomfortable.

Aug 6, 2023

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
A few months ago my doctor diagnosed me with rotational scoliosis. My spine is twisted.

Still sit like this tho

Geneva Breaker
Aug 5, 2022

not read post
man this poo poo sucks, gently caress this chair man, gently caress

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

poo poo chair gang represent

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm sitting in an Eames lounge rn SUPER comfortable and ZERO back pain!!!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Computer chair thread. If you're going to spend a lot of time in a chair, don't gently caress around.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I have a herniated disc so every chair sucks. Lying down is the only thing I can do without any pain.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Triikan posted:

I can't relate to this thread, as I bought a used Aeron off craigslist for 200 bux.

:smuggo: also have a husky adjustable workbench I use as a standing desk. The standing part is cool, I don't mind manually cranking it up and down, but this is the 2nd one I've owned where the crank mechanism slowly and very audibly dies. For the price of both of these, I could've bought an uplift and I would've been pushbutton & silent this entire time :sigh:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
does a toilet count as a chair? asking for a friend

Geneva Breaker
Aug 5, 2022

not read post
a toilet is a watercooled gamer's chair

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
is that before or after the bidet

Geneva Breaker
Aug 5, 2022

not read post
there is no "after".

also new day new back ache

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
postin' comfortably from my Secret Lab gaming chair. :c00lbert:

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Nocheez posted:

I have a herniated disc so every chair sucks. Lying down is the only thing I can do without any pain.

I had two herniated discs that caused pain on and off for two years and did injections in my spine and PT as treatment. Pain was sometimes so bad I couldn’t physically get in my car to go to PT. Even laying down was painful unless I managed to get in one specific position.

Finally after the pain started up again and putting it off for so long, I spent money on a good chair and the pain went away in like two weeks. Been back pain free for almost three months now.

Maybe the timing was just a coincidence but I’m a firm supporter of paying for a nice chair asap now.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Chinatown posted:

postin' comfortably from my Secret Lab gaming chair. :c00lbert:

i got one of these to work in even tho everyone said it'd be poo poo and my back pain completely stopped, been nothin but good sits for over a year. it can work if you take care with the setup and mind the lumbar setting

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I've been sitting in a camping chair to attend online class 40 hours a week and then some. It's actually not that bad, I'm surviving

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Have you tried not sitting as much, OP?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i have anice chair, so your problems are alien to me

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Cat's sleepin' in my new chair so I'm using the old one.

But, alas:

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Good news, you can slouch as much as you want, your back pain is probably caused by something else like stress or something I dunno
Do some exercise

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2022/aug/18/good-posture-doesnt-prevent-back-pain-and-bad-posture-doesnt-cause-it

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

unfortunately, it's caused by the act of posting

e: ow

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

unfortunately, it's caused by the act of posting

e: ow

"doctor, it hurts when i do this"

"then stop doing it"

no

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Get a kneeling chair OP.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Refurb steelcase leap on eBay for $250, problem solved

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I got one of the nice office chairs from a business surplus reseller in my town. Was like $200 in 2018 or something. Now after covid think they want like 600 for the same chair

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Cyks posted:

I had two herniated discs that caused pain on and off for two years and did injections in my spine and PT as treatment. Pain was sometimes so bad I couldn’t physically get in my car to go to PT. Even laying down was painful unless I managed to get in one specific position.

Finally after the pain started up again and putting it off for so long, I spent money on a good chair and the pain went away in like two weeks. Been back pain free for almost three months now.

Maybe the timing was just a coincidence but I’m a firm supporter of paying for a nice chair asap now.

Oh I have a nice computer chair, I was just whining.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

have oyu considered a herman miller aeron chair? they sponsor NPR so I assume they make reasonably-priced, utilitarian chairs for the common man.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I spent a couple hundred dollars on a chair at the start of covid and don't sit like a moron so I can't relate to having back problems op, sorry

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Buce posted:

have oyu considered a herman miller aeron chair? they sponsor NPR so I assume they make reasonably-priced, utilitarian chairs for the common man.

"FRESH AIR" AKA Fart Chair.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Peggy Edson posted:

I spent a couple hundred dollars on a chair at the start of covid and don't sit like a moron so I can't relate to having back problems op, sorry

this. same with a bed. you spend like half your loving life between these two pieces of furniture. spend good money on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

What if my back hurts regardless of the chair I'm sitting in?