Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
I've been wondering lately: under what circumstances is political violence warranted? How does that judgment differ between the fine posters of C-SPAM?

I'll start. Political violence is of course prohibited by the words of Christ. So, I cannot support it under any circumstances. A little destruction of property would not fall under this idea of violence.

What are some circumstances under which you would support political violence?

Let's all abide by the rules, here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
I think political violence is bad and immoral except when it is being done by the agents of the state in line with the law or by soldiers against other countries. That kind of political violence is good and to prove it SA even has a subforum dedicated to people who do such political violence, which is as it should be

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Wars should be fought with a noble game of chess, it is however seldom legitimate and I do not condone it.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I guess I'd ask what is and isn't violence. Is maintaining a healthcare system that allows tens of thousands to die yearly b/c they can't see a doctor "political violence"? What about starting a war that kills a million innocents? Maintaining a prison system that imprisons millions for crimes of desperation and despair? Were Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Elijah McClain, Ahmaud Aubery and Michael Brown victims of political violence?

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say kill 'em all!

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch
its cool but only Klingon style politics and Klingon style violence

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

The Pussy Boss posted:

I guess I'd ask what is and isn't violence. Is maintaining a healthcare system that allows tens of thousands to die yearly b/c they can't see a doctor "political violence"? What about starting a war that kills a million innocents? Maintaining a prison system that imprisons millions for crimes of desperation and despair? Were Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Elijah McClain, Ahmaud Aubery and Michael Brown victims of political violence?

I would say it is when you cause a person injury for political reasons or for political ends.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

FirstnameLastname posted:

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

The Pussy Boss posted:

"Violence is merely a continuation of hitting by other means."

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Political violins? Like a Strasservarius?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I think people to the left of me should be allowed to do politics with gun's and people to the right of me can't

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

mean words are violence, and thats why i support them

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

ikanreed posted:

I think people to the left of me should be allowed to do politics with gun's and people to the right of me can't

simple as

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of
jfc woke millennials are trying to politicize violence. can't i enjoy inflicting violence on people without worrying about politics???

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of
I just wanna kill for God's sake!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

please... follow the rules of peace in cspam...

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

I just wanna kilt for God's sake!

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
I hope anyone who comes in here advocating imminent violence will come to know the peace of God's will, in time.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

the rules can help

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

speng31b posted:

the rules can help

thats why they are there

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

political violence? like voting but angrier?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
"The guerrilla must move amongst the people as a fish swims in the sea."

We're a long way from that in the US so until then keep your guns at home.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
When someone insults your dignity or the dignity of other people in your community, then political violence is warranted.

I'd also be fine with environmental activists switching from non-violent to violent protests. Non-violent protests have been proven to be mostly useless.

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Political violence is illegal, OP

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Zeroisanumber posted:

When someone insults your dignity or the dignity of other people in your community, then political violence is warranted.

I'd also be fine with environmental activists switching from non-violent to violent protests. Non-violent protests have been proven to be mostly useless.

What is a real-world example of an actionable insult to dignity?

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

injustice. now im gonna coup the mod subforum

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

Ohtori Akio posted:

your posts

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ohtori Akio posted:

Murdering George Floyd.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Zeroisanumber posted:

Murdering George Floyd.

And what ought to be done about that?

copy
Jul 26, 2007

FirstnameLastname posted:

lol was just talking with some friends about this. weird

copy
Jul 26, 2007

and yeah klingon politics owns, obviously

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Ohtori Akio posted:

I hope anyone who comes in here advocating imminent violence will come to know the peace of God's will, in time.

As a poster with an anime av you will of course fully understand my desire to Attack and Dethrone God.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

HerraS posted:

As a poster with an anime av you will of course fully understand my desire to Attack and Dethrone God.

I don't. I think God is win.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Ohtori Akio posted:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Ohtori Akio posted:

I think God is win.

this

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

I like to beat liberals with two by fours :evilbuddy:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ohtori Akio posted: