Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I’ll join in this sicko poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Gonna be interesting to see how this works out logistically given that I can't come up with more than about 6 QBs that are likely to score a single point all year barring injury to a starter. Like if you don't get one of those you're probably stone dead.

Allen, Arod, Tua, Mac, Jimmy G, Geno... possibly Brissett, Zappe, or comedy option Stidham takes the job at some point. Then it's dudes who will never play unless something terrible happens.

So... get those Mike White and Zach Wilson shares :twisted:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Oh yeah Tannehill derp. Ehud still has a warehouse full of mint condition printed shirts

The goon with Allen and Meyers still has an insurmountable edge over the one with Garrett Wilson and Hoyer imo, since the QB is going to be a literal zero whereas Meyers should put up something. But yeah it's at least a little less horrifying than I thought, there's a surprising number of real starters.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Any DST with a lovely coach on staff from the Belichick tree is fair game

So, like, all of them

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Was not a real suggestion :v:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Rats now when I lose horribly I can't blame it on having to use Nathan Peterman as my QB

Yes thanks for getting this going, gonna be fun

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Allow it but if they don't end up signing in division they count for 0 points?

I've never used Sleeper so I dunno if this is possible/obnoxious with their commish tools. Can you edit a roster and drop him?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

My point was more: say it's the 10th round of the draft, and the board solely consists of extremely marginal contributors that *may* offer 1 or 2 fantasy points a game, and then Dalvin Cook signs with the Jets. For whoever happens to be picking, the pick is obviously Dalvin Cook, because he is going to outperform any of the other possible picks fivefold, maybe more. So one person gets extremely lucky and can pick Cook, who has huge marginal value because of the players on the rest of the board late in the draft, but the rest of the league has to pick from the scraps. He could be a pretty big gamechanger depending on when he signs compared to our draft.

Yeah I get what you meant. I was thinking this would sort itself out because someone will decide the risk/reward is worth it way earlier in the draft than round 10. When they're still foregoing a (marginally) useful player and not like, Matthew Slater.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The Pats fan boldly selects… Geno Smith. Who will finish the season with not only more MVP votes than Russell Wilson but more MVP awards :smugdog:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

If we draft a roster bubble guy on an AFCE team and he gets cut before the season, but eventually signs elsewhere, would the points on his new team count? The way I read OP it sounds like yes but just wanted to confirm.

In a league where we might be thrilled if our flex guys combine for more than 5 points a week I feel that this is important :v:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kicker is the bigger (or funnier) problem. I was looking at Ourlads last night and literally could not find 12 eligible ones.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I select Gabe Davis, BUF as my WR1, while tugging nervously at my collar

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Devon Achane, MIA

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

TheBizzness posted:

You bastard.

:getin: Drafting him off one good preseason game what could go wrong

Also good call on Zay I totally forgot he had been on the Bills.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

The last viable kicker is a doozy lmao

Chase McLaughlin, K, ex-NYJ, where I will note he had a perfect 2/2 record on extra points :smug:

I never thought I would be at a place in my life where I am glad a kicker who could easily lose his training camp battle fell to me in the fourth round. It's extremely tilting how many reasonable kickers have been on AFCE practice squads or signed in FA but were cut at the end of preseason

Really hope I didn't overlook another remotely viable kicker lmao

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

gently caress it, he's technically a starting TE I guess and I don't trust any of the Miami guys

Logan Thomas, TE, ex-BUF

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I used the literal first guy I found for each team to generate my list of defenses so there’s definitely a lot of “who” as the AFCE link lol

I like the Shakir pick was waffling between him and having one of the few barely usable TEs left

By the end of this round picks are gonna get real nasty :getin:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bengals D/ST via Michael Thomas (no, not that one), ex-MIA

Hopefully he counts? He is listed as a safety and did play some defensive snaps last year according to PFR

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Mack Hollins, WR, ex-MIA

why yes I am thrilled to be drafting the WR2 on one of the run heaviest teams of the last decade who is gonna be 30 this year and has exactly one kinda-ok season. why do you ask

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

TheBizzness posted:

I almost took Mack two rounds ago but the Falcons QB situation is disgusting.

I was a little surprised he was still around but it’s definitely a horrific situation lol. Would be ecstatic if he repeats his raiders stat line but more likely he goes back to his norm of like 16 catches on the season

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Definitely entering the zone where you’re just crossing your fingers that a guy is even active on game day

:yeshaha:

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Aug 19, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

AKA the NKeal Harry Zone.

I'm not even sure Harry's real life team wants him active on game day (which I just learned is the Vikings, lol he couldn't even find a home in the wasteland that is the Bears' receiver room). Former first round receivers get an infinite lives cheat code

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ugh RB got REAL gross during this round, every "surely this dipshit is still avilable" guy is gone :v:

uhhhhhh

Ty Montgomery, RB, NE

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fsif posted:

Tyquan Thorton is great value at that spot.

Agreed although the training camp buzz on Thornton has been ALL bad, like to the point where there’s rumors he could get cut. Not being able to look respectable against the receiver “competition” on the Pats is a big oof

But also everything in training camp is bullshit so :shrug:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fsif posted:

Bjork Bjowlob's next pick is Zonovan Knight, RB, NYJ.

Also, they had a question for me about eligibility, so I might as well share to the wider audience as well: Raheem Blackshear is not eligible to be drafted because he was never an active player for the Bills (or any other AFC East team) on gameday. He spent some time on the Bills' practice squad and was the preseason darling that year but he never actually got the call.

Yeah I stumbled across him several times thinking I’d found a diamond in the rough before realizing he never played a regular season down :(

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I'm still waiting to find out if my kicker will even make the team or if I wasted that pick lol

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fwiw you can draft Fournette under the Dalvin Cook rule, but unless he signs by week 1 he's a dead roster spot

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Speaking of drafting guys who may or may not make the final roster

Swiggity swooty, I'm comin for that Kayshon Boutte, WR, NE

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

Huge fantasy implications here to whoever drafted McLaughlin. Congrats

:hellyeah: ez game

Fate Accomplice posted:

ty Johnson bills RB

I was deciding between him and Boutte but decided I wanted more receivers

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I appreciate that you posted this here before N/V. Priorities! And yeah I dunno how he could be included in the player pool fairly. We're fighting over regurgitated scraps at this point you can't just drop a guy in mid round that was going #1 overall last year

Also I don't know what AFCE team would even want to give up significant resources for him

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I think Raymond was the very last guy on my list who could have a usable week or two without needing like 3 injuries first. He was a cheap guy in DFS last year every time the Lions had a huge over/under.

poo poo is bleak out there now

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I have no idea who :iiam: For a second I thought we had somehow all memoryholed Gesicki but his name is just spelled wrong in the OP lol

Anyway... :shepicide: La'Mical Perine, RB, ex-NYJ

Gotta get a piece of that KC practice squad offense baby

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

You say this and yet the next pick is a kicker best known for being fat who isn't even on a roster. Perine has one good post on Arrowhead Pride from last week! Best shape of his life!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Jonathan Williams had a few fill in weeks for Washington last year. But he did gently caress all with them. I had no idea how well being a DFS degen where the whole game is finding min salary idiots who might fall into the end zone on their one touch had prepared me for this league.

It is countered by fans of other teams remembering dudes like Zay Jones and Isaiah Hodgins anyway who are actually useful players. There’s an early pick or two I might want back lol

E: also I know I’m on the clock but I’m wrapping up bar trivia (mountain time) and don’t have my player list with me. Will get it in

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Aug 24, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Washington D/ST via the ex-NYJ and incredibly named Rachad Wildgoose

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fsif posted:

Pretty into Zach Wilson—in a QB premium league—going one pick after an RB3 that's almost certainly out for the season.

It definitely gets the Darkest Pick award since the only way he's relevant is if the Jets are facing abject disaster

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Didn't someone try to draft Lenny before?

They did but I think they were confused about whether he had signed/was about to sign and took it back. He’s still eligible cause he took a visit with the Pats it’s just a very long shot at this point.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Skylar Thompson, QB, MIA

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

JJ Taylor, RB, NE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah I wouldn’t mind another couple rounds. There is literally nobody left I want to draft but it’ll be funny

Can we get much sicker than John Brown and Randy Bullock who aren’t even on a drat NFL team? Let’s find out :getin:

Also lol that those guys went before either Bills backup QB unless I missed it e: nm I did miss Barkley

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Aug 28, 2023