Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm in unless I'm taking a slot from an AFC East thread regular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Bailey Zappe will save someone's season.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Gotta go with the obvious choice now that the QBs are all off the board.

With the 8th pick in the AFC EAST FFL draft, the 1990 New England Patriots select, Stefon Diggs, WR, Buffalo.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

This is going by pretty quickly. Away from home for the weekend and wish I had a spreadsheet or something. Pick will definitely get in at some point today.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

gently caress it. Among all the options left, the 1990 Negnlnd Patriots pick the New England Patriots Defense

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

fsif posted:

Zeke is draftable btw

I'd rather drive nails into my nostrils than draft a filthy Cowboy.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

fsif posted:

Well pick someone!! You're up!

Trying to decide between a kicker or a 3rd-4th-string WR! :shepface:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Immediately rushed to the AFC East thread.

:lol:

The 1990 Nngeldlng Patriots, with their 3rd round pick, choose Dalvin Cook, RB, New York Jets.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

I was this close! Kind of hilarious he landed in between mcmagic and me.

I am taking Samaje Perine, RB, DEN, who apparently played 1 game for the Dolphins in 2019.

Huh, that's a pretty good catch.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

God I am gonna be so mad if I get this coin flip wrong.

In the 4th round of the AFC East Fantasy Football League draft, The 1990 Nengnlnd Patriots select Chad Ryland, K, New England

If I'm right there are still three viable kickers left. The issue being that all of them are in camp battles afaict. One of them is Nick Folk, who is currently dueling with Ryland for the NE kicker job and I'm assuming that the Pats won't just set a 4th-round pick on fire after they traded up to draft Folk's replacement.

I'm not telling anyone who the other guys are. :colbert:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Well, I guess then that the only sensible pick here in the 5th round for the 1990 Ngnlenld Patriots is Khalil Shakir, WR, Buffalo

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

fsif posted:

I almost nabbed Patterson with my pick.

Oh, been sitting on this feedback re: the Shakir pick because I didn't want anyone taking my guy: Trent Sherfield is probably going to be the WR3 in Buffalo and Shakir's struggles with drops will probably put him deeper on the bench.

NOW he tells me!

I drafted him in dynasty last year figuring that Gabe Davis was just a guy and would eventually be replaced. :(

Also same on Cord Patty.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Eeny meeny miney ugh.... uh... Kendrick Bourne I guess?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

He's about to be a household name. :smugdog:

Did he kill someone?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I lost track, am I up? If so, Randall "Randall Cobb" Cobb

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Welp, let's see...

Gonna go with Dolphins RB Salvon Ahmed. Achane already hurt and it feels like it's only a matter of time before someone else ahead of him gets banged up.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 20, 2023

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Docjowles posted:

Yeah I stumbled across him several times thinking I’d found a diamond in the rough before realizing he never played a regular season down :(

I wanted DeAndre Carter but he was only a training camp guy for the Pats. :(

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Gotta go with former Buffalo QB Mitch Titties y'all.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I could easily have missed some names but the list I put together has about 30 remaining players.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

fsif posted:

…that few? Would have guessed that once we start getting into River Cracraft's and Raleigh Webb's of the world that would sustain us for another half dozen rounds, heh.

Anyway, updated board…

I'm sure it's more than that but I haven't put anything down past a certain point on the depth chart. I'm also missing most players who were on an AFC East team but aren't currently signed to a roster. Almost everyone in that position doesn't seem likely to catch on anywhere.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Are you talking about the wide receiver formerly known as Robbie Anderson who used to play for the Jets but now doesn't and I guess somehow ended up in Miami and is now called either Chosen Anderson or Robbie Chosen depending on which fantasy site you check?

gently caress, he really is no longer available.

Alright, Ray Ray McCloud I guess.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 23, 2023

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Goondolences to whomever drafted Corey Davis.

Was just about to come here to post this.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1694426163723092014?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Randall Cobb gonna get 145 targets.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Zach Wilson I guess lol

This is honestly sooner than I expected.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Alec Ingold, FB, Miami Dolphinz

I'm excited because he got over 20 targets last year!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Oh god dammit I forgot about Teddy

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Whew, got my QB2.

Hit me up with a serving of ex-Jet, Trevor Siemian.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm fine continuing. Now that I've added guys who are out of the league but by only a year or two, my list is back to hovering around 30 names again! :shepface:

In any case, I'll take my first TE with the Miami Dolphins own Eric Saubert.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

This list is absolutely not exhaustive but here's who I got who's left. Note that several names here are not currently signed with an NFL team. I did not do research into defenses. Frankly I wish I had given how many were viable. I'd definitely have drafted D a lot later. Kickers are all gone afaict.

QB:

Nathan Peterman
Case Keenum
Jake Fromm
Josh Johnson
Chris Streveler
Case Keenum
Cam Newton
Josh Rosen
Chad Henne

RB:

Darrynton Evans
Nick Bawden
Damien Williams

WR:

N'Keal Harry
Josh Gordon
Lil'Jordan Humphrey
Marcus Kemp
Gunner Olzsewski
Irvin Charles
Raleigh Webb
Matthew Slater (lol)
Isaiah Coulter

TE:

Eric Tomlinson
Matt Sokol
Antony Firkser
Jacob Hollister
Trevon Wesco
Lawrence Cager

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Seemed like it was getting a bit onerous for some and I figured in a normal draft, we'd all have access to the same info at the outset, so why not just post it?

Kind doubt any of these last bunch are gonna make a huge impact on anyone's season in any case. :shobon:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

I’m deciding between a couple of defenses I’ll pick soon :)

There's been, I think 18 D/STs picked already? And there's still at least two to pick from? Man if I I'd known there would be that many available I definitely wouldnt have picked one in the 2nd round. :lol:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Also gently caress yeah my kicker won his camp battle.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

I will take the Chiefs D/ST, through Lamar Jackson

Hate to be a downer but KC's D/ST already got taken in the 5th.

Docjowles posted:

Yeah likewise I assumed pretty much every team would have someone. And most totally do but several of the elite (at least last year) defenses had nobody. I spent too much time triple checking Eagles and Broncos

Also this league has me unreasonably nervous about Logan Thomas getting cut today, a thing no sane person who isn't literally Logan Thomas should care about

I figured there would be like eight? Maybe nine? It does make a lot of sense when you have an entire half of a roster to churn through and just as many possible slots to fill on every other team.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Hmm.

Do punters count as part of D/ST?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

I would think so. You're taking the Browns aren't you??

Could be!

Professor Funk posted:

Haha, I think I've scoured them like three times at this point and I'm shocked every time I come up empty

I wish they were available. I'm obviously biased as an Eagles fan, and some regression is likely but they could have 15 fewer sacks this year and still be a top-5 defense.

E: yeah I read the part about defensive players but wasn't sure if it was intentionally exclusionary or just an oversight. If it's possible, yes I'm taking the Browns. If not, I'll need to do a little digging before I get my next pick in because my other two guys got sniped.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 29, 2023

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

That's fair. Have to make dinner/do chores and stuff but should have my pick in a few hours.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

With whatever pick this is, my team selects, The Los Anals Chargers D/ST via Nick Williams, DT, Mia and JC Jackson, CB, NE

With that out of the way, AFAICT the defense situation goes like this.

---DEFENSES TAKEN
Patriots
Dolphins
Bills
Jets
Cowboys
Steelers
Ravens
49ers
Chiefs
Saints
Bengals
Jaguars
WFT
Giants
Seahawks
Packers
Bears
Chargers

---DEFENSES UNAVAILABLE
Broncos
Eagles
Cleveland
Titans
Rams
Colts
Cardinals
Falcons

The above is taken from what others have said so far in the thread and a little digging of my own. If you can remember an AFCE player on one of these teams then go nuts, but afaict, none of these teams have a former AFCE player.

---DEFENSES AVAILABLE

Raiders (Chandler Jones)
Buccaneers (CJ Brewer, DT, Buf - Hamilcar Rashed, LB, NYJ)
Vikings (Harrison Phillips, DT, Buf)
Lions (Benito Jones, DT, Mia - Charles Harris, LB, Mia)
Texans (Jerry Hughes, DE, Buf - Derek Rivers, DE, NE - Sheldon Rankins, DT, NYJ - Byron Cowart, DL, NE - Blake Cashman, LB, NYJ - Neville Hewitt, LB, NYJ/Mia - D'angelo Ross, DB, NE)

The Texans D is an AFCE graveyard god drat. :stare:

Did a lot of poking around Ourlads. Some of the rosters have already had a lot of cuts and some haven't and I have no idea who may or may not be on the bubble/on the trade block/etc. Tried to correct for players that were training camp or practice squad only but it's possible some of these aren't accurate.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I welcome our impending nightmare.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Everyone hurry up so I can nab Nathan Peterman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Somehow the best remaining option is the Houston Texans D/ST.

Should I get to pick again, my next top two potential picks are currently both out of the NFL woooo!