Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Sign me up, never played fantasy before so I'm sure I'll do super well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

I'm not going to overthink it - with the first pick in the draft, Bjork Bjowlob selects the future Jets Superbowl MVP Aaron Rodgers - QB - NYJ.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

I'll probably end up with a Taco-level roster, but I'm all in on the Jets this year baby

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Gonna be a desolate wasteland by the end of the second round

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Not really liking the look of the WRs/RBs at this point (and/or I'm not knowledgeable enough on past AFC East players to dig up a secret banger), so I'll go with some safer picks to lock down part of the roster.

With the 12th pick in the second round (24th overall), the We have Namath at home select the Dallas Cowboys D/ST (via Stephon Gilmore).

With the 1st pick in the third round (25th overall), the We have Namath at home select Tyler Bass - K - BUF.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Guess it's time to draft some scrubby RBs and WRs - I'll post my picks in a bit

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

I'll take Devante Parker - WR - NE and Dawson Knox - TE - BUF with my next two picks.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Dangit, thanks for catching that, new pick coming right up

edit: I'll instead go with Mecole Hardman - WR - NYJ.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

kalensc posted:

I'll take Dallas, D/ST, via Ex-BUF/NE Stephon Gilmore

Sorry kalensc I already picked the Dallas D/ST at the end of the second round

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

In best-ball fantasy, is it possible to have a player rostered twice (e.g. once as WR and once as FLEX) if they are your highest scoring flex option? Or are your best two WRs picked for the WR slot and your remaining WRs compete for the FLEX roster spots each week?

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

I'll go with:

Matt Breida, RB, ex-MIA and ex-BUF

and

Latavius Murray, RB, BUF

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Sifting through the discount bin at the local vintage store, the We have Namath at home dig up:

Jonnu Smith - TE - ex-NE

The second pick is awaiting a clarification from the commish.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Professor Funk posted:

I was thinking about Bam. I think he's going to get cut. But there's so much RB depth around the league he might just end up back on the Jets' PS and not getting meaningful snaps anywhere else. I guess that's the reality of this draft though lol

Yeah I was on the fence a bit, but with Israel's injury and Bam seemingly offering something different to Michael Carter, I took a chance on him either making the gameday roster as a relief/change of pace guy, or showing enough that he'd be picked up by another team if he hit the waiver wire.

fsif posted:

I had Blackshear in mind, too, and was similarly dismayed. So that makes at least three of us that did deep research on an RB for a really lovely team that had fewer than 100 scrimmage yards last season.

This is a sicko safe space, there's no shame here

Bjork Bjowlob fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Aug 21, 2023

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

These picks brought to you by Ourlads.com - Ourlads, helping degens find their lads since 1983.

With pick 12 in the 10th round and pick 1 in the 11th, the We have Namath at home select:

Breshad Perriman - WR - ex-NYJ, current IND

and

Brandon Bolden - RB - ex-NE, ex-MIA, ex-NE again and now finally LV

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

For the longest time, you've been asking: Who is the degen to take Denzel Mims after his double injury.

I am That Sicko.

Denzel Mims - WR - currently rehabbing in his driveway, ex-NYJ

Quintin Morris - TE - current BUF

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Nice, Bam Knight got picked up by the Lions - here's hoping he gets elevated off the practice squad sooner rather than later

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Didn't see either of these guys taken:

Kirk Merritt, WR, NO, ex MIA
Braylon Sanders, WR, current MIA

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

I just realised that I'll be picking the Mr Irrelevant of this draft, which given the parameters must be Mr Unrecognisable or Mr Who?, dangit

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

For Mr Unrecognizable, I'll hold my nose and roll the dice on N'Keal Harry, former NE and currently on the Vikings' practice squad.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Docjowles posted:

Perfect choice for a draft where we started taking guys I had never heard of like 5 rounds ago :golfclap:

First round pedigree!

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Cowboys D scoring 40 got me hopeful that I'd squeak out a W against mcmagic ... until I saw that Tyreek was on the other team and he went HAM this week :/

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

fsif posted:

Tua ... mediocre QB ... less valuable than the true superstars

Shots fired

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

I'll have to get used to the basement I guess, I needed Rodgers to be at least passable to be competitive

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

I was surprised that I still had almost a 40% chance to win this week even with Rodgers out, but then I see I'm up against IPS who basically doesn't have a QB anyway

The rest of their players are still enough though

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

And now he's been ruled out. Congratulations on your win.

Looks like Sleeper updated and gave you the W anyway :smith:

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Looking over the last couple of games, I'm honestly not sure how mcmagic doesn't win this league (unless Hill goes out with an injury)

Back down at the interesting end of the table, we have the best 0-2 team (me) up against the worst 1-1 team (fsif) - you're going down buddy

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

Back down at the interesting end of the table, we have the best 0-2 team (me) up against the worst 1-1 team (fsif) - you're going down buddy

Was feeling pretty confident about this until the Cowboys defense put up a single point and Mike White slipped into the end of the Miami game to throw a quick tuddy

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

I absolutely did not expect Jonnu Smith to be carrying my team each week but here we are

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

kalensc posted:

Just like I anticipated, Zach throwing TDs to Lazard and Uzomah. My odds of winning have skyrocketed to 1%!

I'll gladly trade a fantasy loss for a Jets W, go hard Lazard

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Docjowles posted:

mcmagic riding Zach Wilson to victory is the greatest possible outcome of this league

If mcmagic wins on the back of Zach they should have to write a love poem to him at the end of the season

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

N'Keal Harry has been elevated from the PS, prepare to lose thoroughly Fate Accomplice :hellyeah:

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

N'Keal Harry has been elevated from the PS, prepare to lose thoroughly Fate Accomplice :hellyeah:

It was going so well for me in this matchup until the SNF between Dallas and the 49ers, with FA rostering the 49ers D and me the Dallas D. The 49ers dominated, Dallas turned into a pumpkin, and I failed to even crack 30pts. GG Fate Accomplice

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Sleeper projections have me as the slight favourite in the matchup with the 5-0 Docjowles - might pull off the upset here :pray:

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Hoping for a Mecole Hardman resurgence after he lands back in KC - he was doing dick all on the Jets so really any production is better

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

The weekly wooden spoon triple crown is mine! Lowest points in win, narrowest victory, and underachiever are all going to the top of the trophy cabinet. I'd like to thank Jonnu Smith, Matt Breida, and Latavius Murray for their (lack of) effort in ensuring that the We Have Namath At Home take home the timberware this week.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

taste might upset mcmagic this week after he came out of TNF with 41pts off two players (Allen/Kincaid)

Will the dream season come to an end for mcmagic, let's see

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

t a s t e posted:

I hardly think I’m the only person on this site who will upset Mcmagic this week

Kinda get the feeling that mcmagic upsets other people more frequently than they upset him, at least going by his custom title/probe history

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

I'm up against mcmagic this week and the Sleeper app is giving me what seems to be a very optimistic 43% chance at the W

Zach going down to the third string is a minor blessing at least

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Lol at the Raiders dumpstering the Chargers so badly that Brandon Bolden comes in for a nice tuddy

Gonna dodge the toilet bowl semifinals thanks to that effort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Godammit looks like I'll be heading to the toilet bowl