Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bouchehog
Dec 19, 2002

The Campaign for Badger Rights

megane posted:

I can’t imagine a better capstone for this story than vampires conquering a city and quickly repairing its solar farm so that they can pillage it again when the city rebels. Bravo, that was a thoroughly terrifying dissection of this game.
Yes, those vampires really carried me this game. As pillaging machines they are unparalleled.

Boat Stuck posted:

Man, if all else fails, bathe the world in uranium-powered hellfire.

Hell of a game, thanks for sharing it with us! It's great to see a run where things were actually challenging all the way up to the end.
I never really got a break! If I had niter for bombards then I would have been able to break America with enough time to transition to another victory type. The lack of oil was then brutal. Given the size of my empire and the amount of tundra it was rather surprising to get such a bad hand even after the devastatingly poor start.

Gertrude Perkins posted:

What an impressive turnaround, I know I would have given up around turn 50 under the same circumstances. I play Deity when I Civ but it can be so gruelling when you're stuck with an unlucky start. You really pulled out a good victory, and the nuke win is icing on the cake. Will there be more impossible campaigns?
If I find something sufficiently interesting, sure. It was definitely more of a grind than I was expecting. I kept waiting for the break that never seemed to come!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU