Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Terribly... good? Or like as a Teri'ble?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

covidstomper58 posted:

Terribly... good? Or like as a Teri'ble?

Terriblé

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

You guys ever do that thing where you hit the snooze at like 7:45, then it goes off at 8:00 but you hit the snooze again, and in your dream you're this pelican that just has to flap it's one wing to keep sleeping, and you look the clock and it says 7:90 and you're like yeah hey that's cool, not even 8:00 yet, but it's 8:30 and you're gonna keep hitting the snooze until it's like 7:150 anyways.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

sometimes i never go to sleep at all!

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
2:42.

I have no idea why. It's always before my alarm.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Waking up in a panick to check my alarm

Naw were good go back to sleep

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

my next client is in china or some poo poo so I gotta get up at like 6 am for meetings. they can gently caress off with that crap just send me an email

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how come we all have anxiety problems?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Overdog posted:

You guys ever do that thing where you hit the snooze at like 7:45, then it goes off at 8:00 but you hit the snooze again, and in your dream you're this pelican that just has to flap it's one wing to keep sleeping, and you look the clock and it says 7:90 and you're like yeah hey that's cool, not even 8:00 yet, but it's 8:30 and you're gonna keep hitting the snooze until it's like 7:150 anyways.

Every day!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
5am so i can talk to my only friends , the birds.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I have delayed sleep phase syndrome so I'm always wide fuckin awake until 4 am and am a total zombie if I try to get up before noon.

Life was so goddamn difficult when I tried to function like a "normal" person.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

I have delayed sleep phase syndrome so I'm always wide fuckin awake until 4 am and am a total zombie if I try to get up before noon.

have u tried a 5mg weed edible and closing your eyes my guy

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Whoever invented mornings can gently caress right off.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Chinatown posted:

have u tried a 5mg weed edible and closing your eyes my guy

I have tried literally everything imaginable because this started in the late 80s when I was a wee child, and it's only in the last few years that I learned I might as well accept it and structure my life around my sleep rather than fail at forcing myself to sleep around "normal' life.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Take melatonin they said.

Be prepared for the most vivid nightmares

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The real question is when you re-wake up, I know you all get something to eat and a cup of coffee then go right back to bed.

Treecko posted:

Take melatonin they said.

Be prepared for the most vivid nightmares

gently caress I wish it effected me that way, sounds interesting.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Opposite for me. I used to be essentially nocturnal and was frequently depressed even though I had no real concerns in life. Got a job that required me to be up early every day, and the depression vanished instantly.

Sorry body, I didn't know. I promise, 5:45a every day for as long as you'd like.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
My alarm is set to 6 but wife's alarm goes off at 5.50 and wakes me up too so every day 10 minutes of my sleep is stolen by :females:. I blame feminism

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

8:30............PM

3rd shift rules!

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

By popular demand posted:

The real question is when you re-wake up, I know you all get something to eat and a cup of coffee then go right back to bed.

gently caress I wish it effected me that way, sounds interesting.

I mean, it does get me to sleep. But waking up in a panic attack wondering if what happened in the dream was real is kinda unsettling.

I usually just get up, do some stretches and get on with my day.

But if you've never been chased by Leatherface though a bowling alley, and thats something on your bucket list...

Melatonin could be right for you!

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb

TK8325 posted:

8:30............PM

3rd shift rules!

Until everything is closed :(

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Icochet posted:

My alarm is set to 6 but wife's alarm goes off at 5.50 and wakes me up too so every day 10 minutes of my sleep is stolen by :females:. I blame feminism

... are... are you my husband???!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Usually around 1:30am, 4am, 5am, and then somewhere between 6 and 7am.

Kids rock.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

when the dogs make me.

Which, honestly, used to be a pretty solid alarm. 5:45 am, no real snooze button, and you can't make it stop until you're dressed and out on a walk. Gave me plenty of time to make breakfast, pack lunch, wash some dishes, even take a slow shower!
In the last few months they've decided to start sleeping in until almost 8, and thankfully my job doesn't usually mind me starting late, cramming drive thru breakfast down my gullet, frantically trying to recall my work snack inventory and hoping I have enough that I won't have to buy lunch.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

DrSunshine posted:

... are... are you my husband???!

Not at the moment but if you'd agree to wake up ten minutes later then who knows what might happen

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Old dog wakes me up at 5:30am on the nose to be let out to pee. I let her and the other two out, feed them and the cats, let the dogs out again to poop, prep my kid’s pills/vitamins/breakfast, prep the coffee machine to start brewing in an hour so it’s ready for my wife, go back to bed until 7:55, turn on laptop and start work at 8.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

It varies, but ideally when I feel like waking up.

Sometimes I have some work stuff that rotates my rhytm so that I wake up around 6AM for a while. Sometimes I'm tired from travel or other activity so I wake up around 9AM. Most common wake up is probably 7:37AM, like if I had a mode function looking at an Excel table, that would be the answer.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

4:30am on a regular weekday, but if I have to work Saturday and want to do commercial exteriors I get up at 3am.

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

Szyznyk posted:

4:30am on a regular weekday, but if I have to work Saturday and want to do commercial exteriors I get up at 3am.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Usually between 6:30 and 7, op. I can almost never sleep until my alarm goes off because I'm anxious and not good at sleeping.

I slept better when I worked nights but I got a day job for better pay and some insurance and it's related to what I went to college for, but my bosses all live inside of their own assholes and the CEO doesn't give a gently caress about this company and I'm kinda doubtful I'll be at this company this time next year lol

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Usually in the morning

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Szyznyk posted:

thats too early bro

Indiana
Feb 28, 2003
We named the dog Indiana!
3am three days a week. The last two I get up at 4am. My days off are usually Wednesday and Thursday.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

:same:

My mornings during the week are my first alarm going off at 9:45am, which I usually dismiss and go back to sleep. Then my 10am alarm goes off, and if I'm lucky that will jar me enough to take off my CPAP mask and take 100mg of modafinil, 400mg of caffeine, and put a Zyn in my cheek for nicotine. Then I usually snooze until my 10:15am alarm goes off, and I am starting to be awake enough to kind of function. Depending on the day it might take more alarms than that - I have them set every 15 minutes all the way up to noon.

Once I get out of bed I use the bathroom and drink a protein shake because I can't handle solid food for a couple hours after I get up.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i wake down with the sickness

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Chinatown posted:

thats too early bro

Working at 4 with no sun and no human contact is some of my favorite time. Just me and the occasional scurrying rat.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

CaptainSarcastic posted:

My mornings during the week are my first alarm going off at 9:45am, which I usually dismiss and go back to sleep. Then my 10am alarm goes off, and if I'm lucky that will jar me enough to take off my CPAP mask and take 100mg of modafinil, 400mg of caffeine, and put a Zyn in my cheek for nicotine. Then I usually snooze until my 10:15am alarm goes off, and I am starting to be awake enough to kind of function. Depending on the day it might take more alarms than that - I have them set every 15 minutes all the way up to noon.

Once I get out of bed I use the bathroom and drink a protein shake because I can't handle solid food for a couple hours after I get up.

:stare:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Szyznyk posted:

Working at 4 with no sun and no human contact is some of my favorite time. Just me and the occasional scurrying rat.

Understandable.

But its too early bro!!!!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Mods :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Ever since I was a kid, I’ve gotten up around the range of 4:30 to 5:00 am. Since I’ve been unemployed and depressed, I’ve been waking up around 6:00 am now. It’s not so bad and I may just stick with that.