Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
I keep thinking about the episode "Nooner Or Later" when Peggy enters a radio competition where women have to make their husbands do embarrassing things. One of those things is that she has to get Al to come home from work at lunch time for a quickie.

Was this something that usually happened during daytime radio in the US in the mid 90s? How would you even prove something like this happened with a phone conversation? Why didn't Peggy just lie about it to claim the $1000?

This show has a lot of questions to answer about it's ludicrous antics over the years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
never understood why al didn't want to bang his hot wife

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
This show sucks dick

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Bismack Billabongo posted:

This show sucks dick

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

This show sucks dick

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

love! and! marriage!

horse! and! CARRIAGE!!!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Remember Bud's rap career?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbX5cuvLRWs

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

This show sucks dick

Before the arrival of one Jefferson D’Arcy this would have been an untrue statement.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Apparently at one point, the producers of the show told Christina Applegate that she needed to lose some weight and when Ed O'Neill found out, he told them he'd quit the show immediately if they ever tried to pull poo poo like that again.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

This show sucks dick

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Was this something that usually happened during daytime radio in the US in the mid 90s? How would you even prove something like this happened with a phone conversation? Why didn't Peggy just lie about it to claim the $1000?

This show has a lot of questions to answer about it's ludicrous antics over the years!

Yes, 90s radio was stupid, and it peaked with Opie and Anthony getting fired after encouraging a couple to have sex in a famous cathedral

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...1-9d39343cd8f7/

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
The 90s TV worst-case-scenario was about scraping by on a single income in a retail job while still being able to afford a mortgage and raising kids.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i love the faces they make in the episode where al keeps getting turned on while peggy is cleaning the barbeque and hating it

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

I keep thinking about the episode "Nooner Or Later" when Peggy enters a radio competition where women have to make their husbands do embarrassing things. One of those things is that she has to get Al to come home from work at lunch time for a quickie.

she had to stay on the line while her and al boned, op. doesnt matter if they actually had sex, as long as the radio has a clip that sounds like 2 people loving so they can claim they are risque

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Go watch the movie Private Parts. It will answer everything.

edit: It's actually a pretty good movie and Paul Giamatti is amazing in it.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

no, peg

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

This is actually not that bad lol

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
https://youtu.be/kjQ7Axuyp_M

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

This show sucks dick

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Serious_Cyclone posted:

The 90s TV worst-case-scenario was about scraping by on a single income in a retail job while still being able to afford a mortgage and raising kids.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Yeah, it stinks by 90's standards but his flow is better than 60% of mainstream rappers today.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Was this something that usually happened during daytime radio in the US in the mid 90s?

Yes. One of our local DJs did a thing were guys would call in and wake their girlfriend/wife up by starting to have sex with them. So you'd hear some soft moans and then the woman yelling at the man for being on the phone.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I remember that episode and Al was excitedly rushing home until his friend informed him that a Nooner isn’t “a quick lunch”

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Was he even a manager at the shoe store, or was just selling shoes?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

i will refrain from clicking that but thank you for contributing

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

wasn't Al Bundy that guy who killed 30 people in the mid-late 70s?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

JAnon posted:

Yes, Al is short for Ted.

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.
My Dad loved the show so gave me my middle name from Al. I don't know why or how my Mom went along with this.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

JAnon posted:

I think he also led a standoff with the feds out in Oregon a few years back.

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

JAnon posted:

Its a common mistake.

Al bundy was a sitcom character

Otis Toole killed people in the late 70s

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Trump tweet: Remember Seven!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ShimmyGuy posted:

My Dad loved the show so gave me my middle name from Al. I don't know why or how my Mom went along with this.

It's a perfectly fine name!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

redshirt posted:

Was he even a manager at the shoe store, or was just selling shoes?

Just sold. Turns out Gary eventually shows up and sporadically becomes an antagonist in later seasons.

Wifi Toilet posted:

Trump tweet: Remember Seven!

Do I have to?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Was Seven part of the “it was all a dream” season or was he real and just dumped between episodes?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

redshirt posted:

It's a perfectly fine name!

It's alright

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

LordArgh posted:

Yeah, what the gently caress.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

LordArgh posted:

al is miserable due to his miserable life. kids, work, neighbour, and even his hot wife depress him. in such a disconsolate state, even sex with your hot wife is a chore you'd rather avoid

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Just learned that peggy is Leela from Futurama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Thesaurus posted:

Just learned that peggy is Leela from Futurama

She was also Jax from Sons of Anarchy