Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Hello Cspam, after way too long without being able to replace a few inactive or retired mods, I have finally appointed three new people to help mod this subforum. Please give a warm cspam welcome to three new mods: eXXon, Vox Nihili, and fosborb.

Why these three people?
All three were previously politics IKs and did a good job with their corners of the forums. From talking to them and looking at the way they post and the way they managed the threads they were asked to oversee, I got a good sense that they are people who understand the strange balance of this forum between joking and talking about politics, who will take the position seriously enough to do a good job and help out but not so seriously that they wreck the place. Of course there's no way to tell how someone will do until they're in the position, but I think they get what's expected of a cspam mod and will be good at it. Also we desperately needed new mods, these three are positive and active contributors to the forum, and they were foolish enough to say yes.

Feel free to use this thread to tell me I'm a huge idiot or just absorb this new information and carry on with your life. Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

and no one ever asked what happened to NHD again

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

and no one ever asked what happened to NHD again

NHD went to go live on a farm upstate

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

who

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

goongrats

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

congrats to the three new hitlers

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

aw frig aw dang it posted:

three hitler girls from school are we
filled to the brim with hitler glee

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Thank you for your service :patriot:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
way to be a huge idiot :waycool:

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I only know who one of those people are, so I assume the others come from some of the more hosed up mega threads I don't read. In any event congrats

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

RadiRoot posted:

way to be a huge idiot :waycool:

RadiRoot... thank you

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

lmao that fosborb guy exclusively posts in the COVID thread. I guess no other mod wants to read it and they need something bigger than an IK to keep the germs out

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Nix Panicus posted:

lmao that fosborb guy exclusively posts in the COVID thread. I guess no other mod wants to read it and they need something bigger than an IK to keep the germs out

they already had Trixie Hardcore but I guess they need two whole mods for one thread

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i shall await their coming modbrain & meltdown with eagerness

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

they already had Trixie Hardcore but I guess they need two whole mods for one thread

Trixie hasnt posted in over a month, so I guess they abdicated the COVID super IK role and a replacement was needed. Seems a little weird to have a mod dedicated to one thread, but who can fathom the ways of modship.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Nix Panicus posted:

fosborb does post a lot (though not exclusively) in the covid thread and is overseeing that thread's reboot, which will hopefully be a positive step forward. While talking to them about this, I realized it would be extremely helpful for them to be able to see reports and talk to the other mods as a group instead of everything going through my PMs. I don't expect fosborb to be just a single thread mod, but for the moment they're the primary person watching that thread and having access to the mod side information should be good for that.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im going to melt down later to celebrate this momentous occasion

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Nix Panicus posted:

Trixie hasnt posted in over a month, so I guess they abdicated the COVID super IK role and a replacement was needed. Seems a little weird to have a mod dedicated to one thread, but who can fathom the ways of modship.

Some threads are active enough that it does take most of someone's time they will want to spend modding every day on a thread. I did that with the Ukraine thread in the early days before we got some IKs and things settled down.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Homeless Friend posted:

i shall await their coming modbrain & meltdown with eagerness

I've been practicing in the mirror

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
give Al, Homeless Friend, and Poppers presidential buttons, tia

:rip: NHD, gone forever

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

give Al, Homeless Friend, and Poppers presidential buttons, tia

:rip: NHD, gone forever

cspam presidents dont get buttons, definitionally

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

hip hip hitler

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

gently caress the police

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

I'm melting down already, feels right

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Get rid of lobster and speng

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

they didnt ask the community this time so they wouldnt end up with another one of you 😂

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

smarxist posted:

Lmfao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

they didnt ask the community this time so they wouldnt end up with another one of you 😂

what community

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

smarxist posted:

jesus christ, brutal

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
hey if i don't get any little meat puppet pocket mods nobody else should either :colbert:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Al! posted:

what community

the glennsters

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
so what really happened to NHD? Is he ok? Was he even real?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

make a cspam subforum where everyone is an IK

NHD didn't clean his room for a week after a chance meeting with a handsome lad, so he's in a crysalis being reborn as DirtyHomoDude

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
also i shan't be validating anyone's hosed up internet disease by posting a list

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

one of the all time greatest feedback threads

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Regarde Aduck posted:

Stuck in a well

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
The admins banning IK contests reflects the current climate of banning populist leaders from running :chaostrump:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Regarde Aduck posted:

He took a break around April, stayed in contact with me for a while and was planning to come back, but eventually stopped responding to messages so I rotated him out due to inactivity. I hope he's doing well and enjoying life off the forums, and maybe he will choose to come back someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

facetoucher cat found him