Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Shard posted:

How is weed supposed to make you a better fighter to the point where you have an unfair advantage over your opponent and a decision should be overturned?

in a ufc thread back in the day, a pro cyclist talked about it actually having some benefit in performance and state agencies being right to ban it. i don't recall what they were, but he was insistent and a pro athlete, so ill defer to him :shrug: . i think it was about helping recovery?

years back, most conbat sports agencies had a fairly low threshold for THC. basically, you might pop hot if you smoked within a few weeks of a fight. PSP favorite nick diaz popped a few times actually because the diaz brothers don't give a gently caress.

once cannabis legalization took off, most state agencies increased the THC testing threshold to be basically you couldn't smoke day-of, but in illinois where the fight happened (of course :argh:! chicago!!!!), they still had strict rules that jackson was ignorant of or ignored. it was some bullshit as the overturning wasn't even announced until like 3 years after it happened lol, so technically, cm punk's very embarassing loss never happened because of weed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Mike Jackson's cloud of weed stank dropped CM Punk's stats by 30%

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

what do my knuckles say?!?! "nocon test!"

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Mike Jackson's cloud of weed stank dropped CM Punk's stats by 30%

30 percent of zero isn't that much

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Has CM Punk ever bragged about his relationship with Dana White the way he bragged about his relationship with the head of WB?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he said "a lot of the time" the reason dana gets mad about the idea of paying fighters more, is because they were just given a ton of money under the table. this is a made up lie by cm punk. he said it solely to hurt the little guys even just a tiny bit more.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Shard posted:

How is weed supposed to make you a better fighter to the point where you have an unfair advantage over your opponent and a decision should be overturned?

being straight edge means youre better than someone else, i heard some old man say it

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Shard posted:

Has CM Punk ever bragged about his relationship with Dana White the way he bragged about his relationship with the head of WB?

Being friends with Dana White is very punk rock.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Just get Action Mike Jackson to also beat CM Punk's rear end.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Cavauro posted:

he said "a lot of the time" the reason dana gets mad about the idea of paying fighters more, is because they were just given a ton of money under the table. this is a made up lie by cm punk. he said it solely to hurt the little guys even just a tiny bit more.

Had to check whether Punk really said this and lol, he did.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

Being friends with Dana White is very punk rock.

dana white has a bible cut into the shape of a gun. very cool! very punk.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Long-Time Lurker posted:

It's cool he had on a SAG t shirt

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
CM Punk? More like

Shitbutt bum

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Eat This Glob posted:

mike jackson, iirc, was mickey gall's hand chosen tomato can to get gall's first professional win against prior to fighting punk. in fact, when the ufc approached him about taking the gall fight, jackson wasn't even fighting anymore, and mike thought they meant come shoot the show, as jackson was now a photographer. anyway, mike filled his role of getting beaten by the young upstart gall, who went on to thrash charles montgomery punkington the third.

the ufc generally gets guys on multi-fight contracts, so they figured that since they were still in the cm punk fight business, why not have the two guys who got their rear end kicked by mickey gall have a scrap? maybe punk won't look so embarrassing if we put him in there against a can who thought he was being approached by a fight promotion to take pictures and not fight.

so, punk and mike jackson have a fist fight. punk is so out of his depth that a mostly retired regional pro could hold him down and attempt punches while refusing to look at his intended punch recipient. mike clowned punk in such a way that many saw it as unsporting. it's like a wrestling sqash when, i dunno, wardlow refuses to pin a guy, but instead of a powerbomb symphony, he'd talk out of his rear end like jim carrey in ace ventura instead of any violence whatsoever and then still refuse to pin the guy when, inexplicably, the rear end-talking was doing damage.

anyway, the ufc was really pissed at mike jackson and dana white said jackson would never fight in the ufc again. well, there's a meme of the polaroid from "memento" that says "don't believe his lies" on it and the pic is of dana white, so of course mike later got another fight. like mike was set-up to lose against gall, there was another fighter the promotion wanted to get a win so they could fast track him to stardom. the fella was a striker from ireland, and if there's anything a red-faced bostonian like dana white likes, it's a guy who is actually from ireland so they threw mike jackson to him. anyway, the irishman poked jackson so hard in the goddamn eye the fight was called off and mike took another win off a guy the ufc wanted to win, in embarassing fashion, after the ufc said the guy would never fight for them again. it is very funny, and very cool to me

lol this is great stuff

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Long-Time Lurker posted:

lol this does not rule, what a fucko

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Waffleopolis posted:

My sign at the 8/19 Collision was consficated.

I wasn't even trying to make him mad. I want him to get along with Hanger and Hunker and do cool things together. Please stop being rude, Mr. Punk. :(

OH, the Punker and the Hangman should be friends
Oh, the Punker and the Hangman should be friends
One man likes to drink a beer, the other likes to live in fear
But that's no reason why they can't be friends

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

lol this does not rule, what a fucko

Seriously he ACTUALLY said this? What the poo poo. Imagine still stanning this man.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Seriously he ACTUALLY said this? What the poo poo. Imagine still stanning this man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XemdKTI-TrE

From Oral Sessions with Renee Paquette no less. Don't worry though, Punk still thinks fighters need to unionise.

Also, he whined about Xavier Woods getting a job with G4 lol.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Long-Time Lurker posted:

From Oral Sessions with Renee Paquette no less. Don't worry though, Punk still thinks fighters need to unionise.

CM Punk Shut The gently caress Up Challenge (Impossible)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Wow, CM Punk is a loving whiny pissbaby dork huh

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if there was really a piss baby cm punk probably would consider its life really important until it was actually born and then hey would fight to make sure the "piss baby" has thew orst life possible.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:lmao:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
oh poo poo i just remembered

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
punks mma matches did provide this absolutely excellent and strangely prescient photo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

punks mma matches did provide this absolutely excellent and strangely prescient photo

hehe yes more give me more.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

look in my eyeeees
what do you seee?
The cult of
oh jeez bud I can't finish this
please go see a doctor

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Shard posted:

hehe yes more give me more.

np bud

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

lol his face in the last one looks like in a horror movie when they make a fake head of your actor to blow up.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

"but doctor i am pagliacci"

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The Truth = CM Punk is a little bitch baby

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
bump (a thing that a man of Punk's age and questionable physical condition should not take)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
All of this could have been averted if Hangman had bought Punk a Starbucks gift card :(

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Bumping this because I'm extremely excited to see Punk get outclassed again by Samoan Joe but in front of 80k+ screaming Brits this weekend.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

super macho dude posted:

Bumping this because I'm extremely excited to see Punk get outclassed again by Samoan Joe but in front of 80k+ screaming Brits this weekend.

Watching Punk win all the time annoys me like I imagine it must have annoyed Flair fans to watch Hogan win all the time in the 90s.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

super macho dude posted:

His name is Joey samoey

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Punch McLightning posted:

fragile ego, fragile body, weak mind, weak spirit

Okkult
Oct 10, 2012

Tiny Con: Wh-what if something cool and good happened, sir?
Hollywood Phil Brooks: That doesn't work for me, brother.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Joe is gonna collapse your knees and fall on top of your head and kill you!

The British are known for their wordy chants.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Heard Punk held a RIP TERRY FUNK fansign post-show at Collision. This is proof that he is a nice guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Heard Punk held a RIP TERRY FUNK fansign post-show at Collision. This is proof that he is a nice guy.

Yeah for as annoying as Punk is he did a real heartfelt promo with a "TERRY FUNK FOREVER" sign and spent a lot of time after his match taking pictures and signing things for fans at ringside. There's a wild disconnect between his politics and beliefs and how he acts with fans and then how he thinks and acts about the wrestling business.