Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jon Moxley never trained MMA directly but I'm reasonably confident he'd gently caress up Punk if he ever tried poo poo, in addition of course to destroying him on a microphone in 8 words

Punk is tissue paper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

lol this does not rule, what a fucko

Seriously he ACTUALLY said this? What the poo poo. Imagine still stanning this man.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Long-Time Lurker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XemdKTI-TrE

From Oral Sessions with Renee Paquette no less. Don't worry though, Punk still thinks fighters need to unionise.

Also, he whined about Xavier Woods getting a job with G4 lol.

Wow, CM Punk is a loving whiny pissbaby dork huh

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

apophenium posted:

Yeah for as annoying as Punk is he did a real heartfelt promo with a "TERRY FUNK FOREVER" sign and spent a lot of time after his match taking pictures and signing things for fans at ringside. There's a wild disconnect between his politics and beliefs and how he acts with fans and then how he thinks and acts about the wrestling business.

So like, the inverse of a ton of wrestlers where their politics are lovely but by most accounts they're professional and beloved by their coworkers. Kane springs to mind.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if I've ever had more disdain for a person who wasn't a legit monster than CM Punk

Like, he's not like a murderer or a sex pest or a CHUD or a POS politician but GOD drat he is SO loving INSUFFERABLE as a relatively run of the mill dickhead

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

World Princess posted:

I can't stand how he tries to portray himself as the calm, rational adult in the room, meanwhile he can't stop generating bad press for the company

This is exactly why it pisses me off so much. Like, I 'unno, fuckin'....let's just say New Jack

New Jack ALWAYS admitted he was a loving psycho with no filter, no patience, and wanted to kill people

It's amazing how much martyrdom makes this poo poo so much more insufferable

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

El Generico posted:

There's a certain kind of anti-authoritarian person who's only against the establishment because they think they deserve to be the establishment.

Kinda similar to a lot of American right-wingers? Which I KNOW, Punk clearly isn't one, but that's a common trait if nothing else.

x-posting this because it also deserves to be in this thread IMO

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Aug 28, 2023

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The number of people I see other places still keyboard fellating CM Punk has me convinced we're stuck in this hellscape forever

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

graph posted:

new page

Jon Moxley loving RULES

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The degree to which HHH was right in this promo is genuinely kind of upsetting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dfwSAmvxIk

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jiro posted:

I didn't know :words: could see the future. Goddamn.

Yeah like...it was pretty easy to eyeroll the promo away at the time because of the source, the quality of WWE at the time, the lack of alternative, etc.

However, in 2023:

-We know HHH was/is genuine about believing it could probably be better and seeing that as his job. I won't get deep into it because that's a WWE discussion and I don't wanna get into those waters, I will just say that I believe that was sincere.
-There IS now a viable alternative, it happened when Punk wasn't there, it continued when he wasn't there, and did he contribute? Sure, I guess. But it's there and it is SOLID. Way more solid than TNA ever was.
-Punk is there as a part of this viable alternative, he came in way late, and he's literally making it all about himself while claiming he's not.

In this instance, HHH really was right.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Long-Time Lurker posted:

AEW sold a stadium show with no match announced, at this point the brand alone can draw. Just let Punk go, TK.

This is why I can't stand people insisting Punk is a draw. He gave AEW a boost when he first got there but fairly negligible after that, and Collision can't even crack 500k. If he is a draw he's not a very good one.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

StarkRavingMad posted:

Miro demonstrating the easy access to public transit in London today for no particular reason

LMFAO Miro waking up and choosing pettiness loving owns

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Some dude on Twitter was telling me "it's a work because Punk's politics are good so he can't be an rear end in a top hat". LMFAO, my God the sheer copium.

Occam's Razor says this has ALWAYS been CM Punk, maybe it's been amplified in recent years, but this was always him, HHH was right in 2011 in that promo even if WWE treated him like poo poo, Punk is soft as baby poo poo, etc.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That dude on Twitter is still @ing me INSISTING the whole thing is a work LMFAO

Punk fans really are something else

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

cagliostr0 posted:

At what point do we find out punk got great medical care from wwe and he tried to get into a fight with dr maroon

That's more unlikely than a work, but at this point everything is so insane I just don't know anymore

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Carwash oval office posted:

My youngest kid doesn’t get to see most of AEW, but he is in love with Orange Cassidy. Sadly, he made this sign last night and is now banned from Collision.

Your kid owns

I want Orange to see this

Also calling him flestlee squeeze from now on

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm so thankful for this place if for no other reason than I don't think anyone here is actually still defending Punk at this point.

Like holy poo poo what a loser.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just saw, and, LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

gently caress OFF PHIL

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Perhaps my biggest lament is that there's no reason for Mox to cut another promo on Punk on Dynamite. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A Fancy Hat posted:

He was always a dick but it was cool back when he was in his 20s since he was fighting against the establishment. Then it was great in WWE because he had real grievances that we as fans did too and it felt like he was going to change stuff. He didn’t but when he got fired it was still a pretty huge “gently caress wwe” thing and it felt like he was again 100% justified in hating people for it.

It’s decidedly less cool to act this way in your 40s, especially when you become the establishment.

With the benefit of hindsight I honestly find it kinda chilling how 2010's Punk said to Cena "YOU HAVE BECOME THE NEW YORK YANKEES" and at the time it was this huge hammer blow of a promo line and at this point Punk could be talking about himself. The following people all hate CM Punk or at least think he's a dick with no self-awareness:

-Jon Moxley
-Samoa Joe
-John Cena
-Vince McMahon
-Triple H
-Eddie Kingston
-The Young Bucks
-Kenny Omega
-MAYBE Cody Rhodes(?)

Seriously look at that list. Is there any other person in the entirety of wrestling who is disliked by all those people at the same time?