Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Punch McLightning posted:

fragile ego, fragile body, weak mind, weak spirit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
poo poo I almost forgot for a sec that Punk has a fragile ego, fragile body, weak mind, weak spirit.

Sorry for the oversight.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

BEST IN THE WORLD

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

A Fancy Hat posted:

He wasn't a man who was destined to be an AEW champion. He couldn't wrestle. He wasn't charismatic in the usual way. He was angry. He was doughy. He wasn't a third generation wrestler. He wasn't physically gifted.

CM Punk is a fragile man. And I don't know how to accept that.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Chris James 2 posted:

They really cared about giving Punk the fight and were upset/thought Mike didn't take it seriously, which definitely wasn't helped by the pop for weed that came after

They wound up firing him this January despite him having a fight left on his deal, although it may at least partially have had something to do with Jake Shields fighting him at a training facility last month because Jackson called him a Nazi https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2023/01/ufc-news-mike-jackson-released

Mike Jackson beating up Nazis and landlords. Hero?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

oh poo poo i just remembered

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

apophenium posted:

Yeah for as annoying as Punk is he did a real heartfelt promo with a "TERRY FUNK FOREVER" sign and spent a lot of time after his match taking pictures and signing things for fans at ringside. There's a wild disconnect between his politics and beliefs and how he acts with fans and then how he thinks and acts about the wrestling business.

Once you realize that Punk is working the marks with his "good political beliefs" and laughing his rear end off when people buy his sincere act a lot of pieces fall into place about the guy.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Punk meltdown right on schedule for next week in Chicago. Just like clockwork. Tony is an idiot for allowing this very, very obvious thing to happen AGAIN. lmfao

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

projecthalaxy posted:

This is all it is now.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

projecthalaxy posted:

for sure. def. reading correct 100%

E: tk on the scrum said there was a physical incident, they are investigating, therr will be no comments at this time. lets see if punk agrees with that last lol

Well, the investigation has about 2 and a half days to get done!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

El Generico posted:

There's a certain kind of anti-authoritarian person who's only against the establishment because they think they deserve to be the establishment.

I can't believe that HHH promo was actually true.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/...ingawful.com%2F

Help help this company is falling to pieces around me. As in my direct vicinity.

I loving hate this place when I'm 48 I'm so out of here!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Lid posted:

Only just realised Punks having a fit because a wrestler worked-shoot an off the cuff comment during a match against one of his superiors because they wouldn't ley him do something cool to get himself over and make fans happy.

Punk is VKM crying about ice creams.

Also, Punk is NOT Jack Perry's boss and Jack almost assuredly got permission from his real boss to do the spot, probably twice, for an angle which, and I feel I cannot overstate this point, CM Punk was not a loving part of!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Long-Time Lurker posted:

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1697566526143135798?t=LGsKDT5idU_05E0lbBSXyw&s=19

Punk heard Perry's explanation and thought he was making a dig at his excuse for shooting on Hangman in Greensboro.

Locker. Room. Leader. Behavior.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Malcolm Excellent posted:

He was pretty good in that clip of Mayans I saw

It was a small role, but yeah he was like a real actor. He was good enough that I was kinda hoping he would continue to just act.

Of course the first time he's cast as Background Henchman #3 in a Mission Impossible movie and then tells Tom Cruise that he needs to call a cast meeting...

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

That DICK! posted:

AJ Lee is wrestlings Shelly Miscavage

She's barricaded herself in a warehouse in LA making a terrible women's wrestling show to avoid the Punker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018