Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i do not understand hyperslobbery or the willingness to live and bury one's self with garbage. like. put things in the trash and take them to the bin. lather up the scrubber and do 9 minutes of dishes.

i have been in and out of the dregs of severe depression for many years. i dealt with really, really bad executive dysfunction in the first 13 months of lockdown. but always through both i have had clean dishware, clothes, and bedding. idgi and while i believe i have a wide projection ability i cannot imagine not doing those 3 things as baseline

graph fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Aug 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
oh, uh, this is the shenzhen thread. oops welp

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the internet says i should try cantonese congee if i'm ever there !

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
never been a big congee fan

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotor posted:

i dont even know what it is

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

my teeth are wilting even thinking about getting a thing from Laps Laps

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

graph posted:

i dont even know what it is

rice porridge. basically rice but if you cooked the living poo poo out of it until it got all goopy, then added good stuff to it.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

graph posted:

my teeth are wilting even thinking about getting a thing from Laps Laps

i always think poo poo like this is intended as food scuplture, it cannot taste good. Or at least, tasting good is a secondary priority.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotor posted:

i always think poo poo like this is intended as food scuplture, it cannot taste good. Or at least, tasting good is a secondary priority.

you can find out at Unit 210, 1 Kewen Road, Nanshan District !

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

unit 210??? ugh no way am i makin that slog

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

rotor posted:

same

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

rotor posted:

rice porridge. basically rice but if you cooked the living poo poo out of it until it got all goopy, then added good stuff to it.

its literally just oatmeal but you use rice instead of oats. and its usually not sweetened, you either eat it plain or add savory stuff to it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

graph posted:

you can find out at Unit 210, 1 Kewen Road, Nanshan District !

that’s literally walking distance from my old office

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

my experience is that its often a gender thing and that women will generally clean up the break room and men will use dirty coffee cups until mold grows in them over a long weekend and then throw them out

ew lol

my work environment is about 3:1 women to dudes, and maybe that’s why the standard is quite high, but over half of everyone do nothing to contribute to overall communal duty. it’s the bag room too so everyone has to pass through it, see that it’s a mess, and do nothing to tidy up spontaneously

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

when i was in Singapore last year I LOVED the hawkers. half the time I had no idea what I was eating but it was almost always loving amazing. one thing i could not bring myself to try was frog porridge. I like frog. I like porridge and porridge-like foods but something about putting these two words together causes a crunching sound in my brain. frog. porridge. no, gently caress that. science has gone too far

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I find that eating a lot of street food allows my body to develop a strong immunity to a variety of diseases.

https://i.imgur.com/wycxyF2.mp4

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

i don't get the congee hate. if the savoury oatmeal analogy is too weird for you, then it's basically risotto with a lighter texture and Chinese spices/flavour profile. or one of those soups/stews with barley in it, but with more barley. like how is this weirder than chicken and waffles

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Crazy Achmed posted:

i don't get the congee hate. if the savoury oatmeal analogy is too weird for you, then it's basically risotto with a lighter texture and Chinese spices/flavour profile. like how is this weirder than chicken and waffles

i dont think it’s weird i just don’t care for porridge. ill still eat that garbage if someone makes it for me tho

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

some people need to be told what to do. simple as that. if the dishes are getting washed already then the thought that they should chip in from time to time simply doesn’t enter their brain.

personally I have enough anxiety about being called out or talked about behind my back that I’ll do my share just for the peace of mind

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

polyester concept posted:

some people need to be told what to do. simple as that. if the dishes are getting washed already then the thought that they should chip in from time to time simply doesn’t enter their brain.

personally I have enough anxiety about being called out or talked about behind my back that I’ll do my share just for the peace of mind

your washing them wrong

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

graph posted:

the internet says i should try cantonese congee if i'm ever there !

porridge is ftw

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

porridge is ftw

mmm you know what would hit the spot right now? hot bland goo.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

rotor posted:

txt me :wink: :gizz:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

rotor posted:

skill issue

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

fart simpson posted:

i dont think it’s weird i just don’t care for porridge. ill still eat that garbage if someone makes it for me tho

big same

re: slobs; my brother when he was younger would put empty containers back into the cabinet or fridge instead of taking the 10 steps to the garage to put them in the recycling.

wanna make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch? well too fuckin' bad both jars are empty but still in the cabinet

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

rotor posted:

add fermented spicy tofu, sesame oil, green onion, and rou song and you've got a great breakfast

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

rotor posted:

L

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

dioxazine posted:

add fermented spicy tofu

is this what stinky tofu is actually called

speaking of shenzhen, that was one smell i could not get used to or get over the idea of trying

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Raluek posted:

speaking of shenzhen, that was one smell i could not get used to or get over the idea of trying

no, "stinky tofu" is a direct translation

it smells weird but the taste is actually pretty mild

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

stinky tofu is asian blue cheese

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

rotor posted:

stinky tofu is asian blue cheese

real chinese fermentheads go for fermented bamboo shoots

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

real chinese fermentheads go for fermented bamboo shoots

I bought this insane packet of noodles (I think I already mentioned) to make and I had no idea what it was and I took it to work and the chinese girls were like woah you won’t like that and they said it’s river snail and fermented bamboo.

I opened the outer bag and there is ten (10) individual bags of things.

I am not brave enough to try :qq:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

I bought this insane packet of noodles (I think I already mentioned) to make and I had no idea what it was and I took it to work and the chinese girls were like woah you won’t like that and they said it’s river snail and fermented bamboo.

I opened the outer bag and there is ten (10) individual bags of things.

I am not brave enough to try :qq:

i remember u posted the picture of the packaging in the food thread and i also told you that you wont like it. but man up and try it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

https://twitter.com/TripInChina/status/1670602205383254017

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Dang that’s loving cool

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Raluek posted:

stinky tofu is different in preparation, believe it or not

each of these cubes is very salty and firm, so if you wish to try.. just put half of a cube or no more than one, then stir to break it up

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

owns

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ADINSX posted:

Dang that’s loving cool

https://twitter.com/TaylorOgan/status/1668245444600774659

e: this is right by my apartment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

bonus thread fact: that ufo thing is within a 20 minute walking distance of

graph posted:

Unit 210, 1 Kewen Road, Nanshan District !