Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

one of my previous jobs sent me to hk for two weeks, staying in a 5* hotel with a $100 dollar a day food budget. when i turned up at the hotel the deposit they asked for was bigger than my at card limit at the time, had to make an embarrassing phone call to the EA at my employer asking them to pay the hotel directly. was a lot of fun eating out every night for free at some of the best restaurants in the world

that's my shenzhen adjacent story thanks for reading

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

one restaurant I went to i when dining alone had a menu - since I didn't know what any of the dishes were I ordered it, thinking it would be a "choose one from these 4 options" deal for each course (didn't really get asian meals style yet). it was actually 1 of everything on the list and i was completely swamped with food, i can still remember some of it though, like these salty and spicy chicken bits with sichuan peppers and incredible amounts of umami

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

fart simpson posted:

was it 辣子鸡

that looks like it although I think they made me a milder white person version as it wasn't super spicy (I'm grateful tbh it was perfect for me)

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Other things I enjoyed were shrimp siu mai

And the pork buns which are baked instead of steamed. These were lethal could have eaten them all day long

Also spicy shrimp and mushroom noodles. Actually basically all the food in big Chinese seems to be incredible