Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

even in 2008 you could have easily eaten outside your hotel and been fine. you were being told bad info

lol yes, i had a coworker go to india and complain that he got sick because he would eat random street food

just eat hot things, and avoid fried foods or stuff that isnt local e.g. sushi when youre far from the water, and you should be golden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Anachronist posted:

actually the food at the guest house at the aluminum plant in Jharsaguda was quite bad, sorry to say. Would recommend packing a lunch if you’re working on site there. I bet the cafeteria food was great though and everything else was good as well.

oh gently caress youre not supposed to eat the alumium? :doh:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

rotor posted:

counterpoint: ghee

yeah but most families arent dousing food in ghee/oil unless youre in the farming/laboring type of regions

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

graph posted:

the internet says i should try cantonese congee if i'm ever there !

porridge is ftw

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

rotor posted:

mmm you know what would hit the spot right now? hot bland goo.

skill issue

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bamboo shoots rock

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

git apologist posted:

it doesn’t taste very good is the main reason i think

you can season it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

guy eating plain congee: dang this tastes bland

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Armitag3 posted:

i don't have to understand the old ladies in track suits doing tai chi in the park to go "drat, sick"

just get you a sun visor, and do laps around the track like an auntie OP

what is there to understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

being an auntie is about invoking the fear of god into everyone around you