Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

I don't think I'd ever have cause to visit but this Wired piece about it always made it seem like a really unique place

so I just play Shenzen I/O instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

let’s all go visit fart and have him take us to the best Dan Dan noodles in town

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

not to worry I'll counterbalance it by eating my weight in jaggery at every meal

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

huh. so my indian cooking is actually more authentic than i thought

mods change name to Dum Daal Fuckfest

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

visiting shenzhen sounds like a lot of fun, and I have a bunch of former colleagues who moved to shanghai to do startups inviting me to come visit whenever I want which would be great too

gotta wait for China-Canada relations to improve before I do it though because I ain't traveling there on a Canadian passport as things stand

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

fart simpson posted:

are you a spy? if not you’ll be fine there’s lots of canadians here right now

not a spy, just paranoid about Ottawa doing something stupid during my visit that leads me to getting Two Michaelsed for a few years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

AlbertFlasher posted:

sorry they weren't spies they were "consultants" working in china

who got scooped up the moment Meng Wanzhou was arrested and then mysteriously released the moment Meng Wanzhou was released

the problem with arbitrary detention is that it ends up feeling arbitrary

e: anyway sorry this is a distraction from the important stuff itt, namely photos of food

fart simpson posted:

his name is also michael

michstracula

Dijkstracula fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 21, 2023