Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

fun fact: i was hired to play bass in a cover band for a halloween show one of the factory owners in this video. my picture made it into the shenzhen daily newspaper, where i was playing bass while wearing a cheap ghostbusters costume

hell, same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

post hole digger posted:

Ah Shenzhen. The Paris of the East.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that was pretty good ngl

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I went to hong kong and I went on a boat thing

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

you mean a boat?

idk it was called something else

it was like ten year anniversary of king kong escaping queen elizabeth the second, and there was this traditional boats that went between king kong island and some other island and we went on it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
u can imagine 🥰

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
going to a place that has unrecognisable street food and then not eating as much of it as possible is a sin against the lord

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

kinda surprising; indian food usually isn't that bad for fat and all that what with no beef and usually no pork except in a few specific regions for things like vindaloo. unless you keep going for the butter chicken and curies with cream-based sauces i guess

a carb rich diet that also tastes good so it’s hard to stop eating?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’ve got a question that’s simply a curiosity, and I’m curious if this is a cultural thing or not

at work we have a staff kitchen, and when it comes to cleaning it and putting on the dishwasher (and fixing the forks that have been put spike end down so it stops the spinny part from spinning :argh:) etc, there is quite a disparity where some people do the work and pitch in and others just ignore it completely all the time

generally the people who pitch in are people who grew up in nz, and the people who don’t are people who have come here from china (we have almost a half and half mix of those two groups and almost no one else)

no judgement from me, I’m just curious if someone who has more experience of cultures if there’s something like a “if it’s not my responsibility it’s not my responsibility”? and if not, perhaps that’s a ignorant way to look at it. any insight would be interesting

idk I mean I don’t really care, I don’t mind cleaning it’s not a bad way to spend my time at work.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

my experience is that its often a gender thing and that women will generally clean up the break room and men will use dirty coffee cups until mold grows in them over a long weekend and then throw them out

ew lol

my work environment is about 3:1 women to dudes, and maybe that’s why the standard is quite high, but over half of everyone do nothing to contribute to overall communal duty. it’s the bag room too so everyone has to pass through it, see that it’s a mess, and do nothing to tidy up spontaneously

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

real chinese fermentheads go for fermented bamboo shoots

I bought this insane packet of noodles (I think I already mentioned) to make and I had no idea what it was and I took it to work and the chinese girls were like woah you won’t like that and they said it’s river snail and fermented bamboo.

I opened the outer bag and there is ten (10) individual bags of things.

I am not brave enough to try :qq:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

ime you need to live here for at least 13 years to understand any of it

don’t have to understand anything to enjoy and experience it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

water never hurt anyone

humans in a flood “ahhh too much water”
humans in a drought “ahh not enough water”

karl marx has the solution “From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs”