Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Packers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1693050508011790643

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Packers get the ball first so we'll get to see Jordan Love right away

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

Whoo boy, that was a bad first pass attempt from Love

The season is loving over!!!

But for real he struggles when he's pressured, I expect to see a ton of blitzing on Love this season

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

surf rock posted:

lol goddammit, Josh Myers is such poo poo

I think he flat out lost his starting job with that fumbled snap

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rookie mistake from Mr. Valentine but that hold gave me a flashback to the old Ahmad Carroll days.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wow, Aaron Jones is already done? Guess it's the AJ Dillon show and backup extravaganza tonight.

Was a pretty easy catch but I liked Musgrave coming wide open in the middle of the field. Refreshing. Love forcing that pass to a well-covered Musgrave on 2nd and 7? Not so much.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Whooping Crabs posted:

Nice throw by love there

:woop: SUPER BOWL!! :woop:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Feels like we're gonna get a fight soon.

Patriots really have a guy named Guy Senior? Now here's a guy...

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

surf rock posted:

Okay, pretty uninspiring.

Run game and offensive scheming seems OK. Center is a problem. Pass play execution is a problem.

Musgrave is getting so much volume that it makes me wonder about the WRs. Are they just trying to get Musgrave up to speed as much as possible?

Kalli posted:

Yeah, Lawrence Guy. Fairly anonymous run stuffing DT in his 12th season. Good, reliable player.

Ohh I thought I recognized the name. Didn't put "Guy" and "Guy Sr" together.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Preston Smith, Savage, and Sul all out. Looks like it's entirely the youngins on defense now.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

That play was amazing up until the overthrow landed. Great presnap adjustment, hard count, snap to the throw onto the blown coverage, but then...

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

That was a great throw by Love

He has a really good deep ball, especially for a first-year starter. I mentioned before that his weakness is being pressured, but here you see his timing, placement on that deep ball which comes because the play structure allowed him time to throw it the way he needed to.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Doubs is insane. He does not look like a year two receiver.

He also looked like this in preseason last year. Then the regular season came, so I'm putting a bit of salt on my reactions to Romeo's love show.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FIGHT! FIGHT!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

That was a nice scramble. Love was aware not only of the player in front of him but also the pursuer behind him. Really good acceleration too, refreshing to see after Rodgers began slowing down quite a bit the past several seasons.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What a loving series! I think they sit Love after this series, he's shown what he needed to show

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

surf rock posted:

wtf was that

Packers-Patriots have been scuffling all week long, these teams do not like each other.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

Oh my god, come on Parker

That ball looked overthrown but Parker was watching it for like 2 seconds, he could've burned more juice to get into position

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

barnold posted:

god drat kendrick bourne

That was a real nice catch.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

surf rock posted:

I'm a big Enagbare fan, although obviously tonight's performance has the caveat that the offensive line he's facing consists of five wavy-arm balloon men from the local car dealership

I mean, you gotta perform when you gotta perform. What's really encouraging is he looks aggressive and assertive with his rushes and is eagerly going after the ball. Not all players do that!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Musgrave still in. drat they're feeding him

https://twitter.com/AndyHermanNFL/status/1693064577133457832

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Clifford has looked better this preseason than the highlight clips I watched of him when he was drafted a few months ago.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:cool:

https://twitter.com/AndyHermanNFL/status/1693066131760628021

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Deguara doesn't look good.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hot Diggity! posted:

Valentine finally made a mistake

He's had a couple tonight.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Carlson... legitimate?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

surf rock posted:

Jesus, that looked like it would've been good from 65

That kick alone told us everything we needed to know about why Bisaccia has been going to the mat for this kid.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:unsmith:

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1693078450725155108

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

seiferguy posted:

I read this as Carson and wanted to see what team decided they couldn't do better than Wentz lol

Our new kicker has been really struggling but just nailed a 52 yarder that could've gone for 62

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Valentine Carrolling it up again.

Hughmoris posted:

If I were a betting man, Rodgers and the Jets are going to struggle for at least the first 2-3 weeks of the season. Especially with him getting zero game reps so far with his new crew.

Play posted:

I think they'll be okay. Or maybe not, but either way I've never noticed any big difference between teams that play their starters a lot in preseason and teams that don't.

Rodgers famously skipped as much of training camp/preseason as he could in his final few years with the Packers. Every year he's come out and looked like dry sticky poop in Game 1.

Even in 2018 and 2019 the team just loving barely pulled out wins against the Bears in the first week.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hope Bolden will be OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It kinda looked like he got really bad whiplash that injured his neck, rather than a direct collision.