Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

down n out posted:

I’m trying to turn up a shred of humor in the nurse infant serial killer category and I can’t find any

:cheeky: What’s the difference between a Ferrari and a pile of dead babies???:confused:

Lucy ”Goosey” Letby doesn’t have a Ferarri in her garage :cawg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Muscling in on GWAR's territory? Lady got some balls

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It's a nickname so powerful each headline mentions it.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

THIS SUMMER

A BABY KILLER COMES TO YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD

BASED ON A TRUE STORY

DUCK...... DUCK....... GOOSE.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

alt title Duck Duck Dead

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Solefald posted:

This is part of the issue. Some doctors and consultants raised concerns but Hospital Management told them to leave Lucy alone as they claimed they were bullying and harassing her or some poo poo.

Anyway, I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread but if anyone wants to talk about the case then I'd recommend going to The D&D UKMT as there will inevitably be ongoing discussion about it because the UK Media is going nuts. I expect an ITV Drama by next year.

Lol they actually made the consultants apologize to her in writing for making the accusations

Oopsy poopsy

Meningism
Dec 31, 2008

free hubcaps posted:

Lol they actually made the consultants apologize to her in writing for making the accusations

Oopsy poopsy

And the Exec threatened to report the doctors to their governing body unless they apologised.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
It takes a lot to make a Stephen King villain look "not that evil"

Goddamn what a piece of poo poo. I had babies in the NICU and had 24/7 terror having to trust their care to strangers. If this had happened before that, I think I would've not left the incubators at all.

My point is, having a baby in NICU is already a cripplingly horrific experience and now everyone in Britain who goes through that is going to be that much more terrified.

gently caress this lady.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Babies are cool and killing them is wrong imo

Drunk Nerds posted:

gently caress this lady.

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

Meningism posted:

And the Exec threatened to report the doctors to their governing body unless they apologised.

he looks like a proper c*nt as well

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

Meningism posted:

That's such a weird concept for me. Where I work, doctors basically rule the roost because they bring the money in. Kissing doctor rear end is a requirement to survive there.

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

PureEvil6_13 posted:

That's such a weird concept for me. Where I work, doctors basically rule the roost because they bring the money in. Kissing doctor rear end is a requirement to survive there.

the UK is ruled by faceless bureaucrats

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Drunk Nerds posted:

It takes a lot to make a Stephen King villain look "not that evil"

Goddamn what a piece of poo poo. I had babies in the NICU and had 24/7 terror having to trust their care to strangers. If this had happened before that, I think I would've not left the incubators at all.

My point is, having a baby in NICU is already a cripplingly horrific experience and now everyone in Britain who goes through that is going to be that much more terrified.

gently caress this lady.

Yeah this hospital is one of two that covers my area and it's proper got me a bit anxious. I know people IRL who have had their babies in that unit and it's like aaaaaaaaaaaaAAA

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Baby's shanked doo doo doo doo

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

British Dexter was originally supposed to be about a nurse who only kills babies who are serial killers, but then they had to change it when this happened

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The exec and management walk away scot-free?

How?!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Shinjobi posted:

How?!

Big Infanticide got their backs

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Shinjobi posted:

How?!
Truly unprecedented for something like that to happen

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:psypop:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Shinjobi posted:

How?!

The usual UK trick to get off is to call for a 'public enquiry'
This sounds like everything will come out and be out in the open.
But the government will appoint a trusted ally as the head of it. A judge that won't rock the gravy train they are on at the moment. One that will get a peership afterwards if things go smoothly.
Then 5-10 years later they start.
And end a few years after that, even decades, and the result is always 'systematic failure, everyone to blame but no specific to charge, lessons will be learned, heres some piss poor recommendations that will not be taken up'.
All to dodge being sued to gently caress by the victims families.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

happyhippy posted:

But the government will appoint a trusted ally as the head of it. A judge that won't rock the gravy train they are on at the moment. One that will get a peership afterwards if things go smoothly.
And end a few years after that, even decades, and the result is always 'systematic failure, everyone to blame but no specific to charge, lessons will be learned, heres some piss poor recommendations that will not be taken up'.

Grenfell is a pretty good example of this. Have any landlords gone to jail for murdering 72 people? Nope!

It's been 6-7 loving years and there's barely been any repercussions for the people who knowingly maintained a death trap to save money.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

happyhippy posted:

Yeah it's important that it takes a decade during which time the victims can't do anything because there is an ongoing inquiry and the inquiry can't do anything because of ongoing court cases.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

GABA ghoul posted:

It's hard to imagine a legitimate reason for having done this. Especially seven times. I hope she had a good explanation.

she flies frequently

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Justice will only be done when a 100 year old lady kills her

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Shinjobi posted:

How?!

well you see the management are all middle class white people who earn good salaries and mix in the right circles and it wouldn't do for things they get wrong in their jobs to Matter, that wouldn't really be cricket

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Neo Fatal Care Unit

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
if those babies had guns this wouldn't of happened

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Crystal Thenis posted:

no they definitely have faces unfortunately

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

toiletbrush posted:

no they definitely have faces unfortunately

This is what happens when your national cuisine is based around 'pudding'.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
Did they not learn their lesson after the 1990s doctor who killed scores of old ladies for their inheritance.

Not to be confused with the 1950s doctor that killed scores of old ladies for their inheritance.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40412080

Had a similar thing happen in Canada, only with the nurse killing people by insulin overdose. Not only did other people warn the authorities, the nurse *herself* told people what she was doing and their answers were variations of "well you shouldn't be telling this to other people."

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Entorwellian posted:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40412080

Had a similar thing happen in Canada, only with the nurse killing people by insulin overdose. Not only did other people warn the authorities, the nurse *herself* told people what she was doing and their answers were variations of "well you shouldn't be telling this to other people."

USA had this guy:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Swango

And these people all had blazing red flags and still got away with it for years. Imagine the medical serial killers that can exercise a bit of stealth.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

That's what happens when you trust public healthcare

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Yeah in a proper capitalist system you would have to hire a private baby hitman on open market.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Crystal Thenis posted:

yep if there's one thing to take from this it's that we should trust free market forces instead

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
just goes to show what can happen if you let gun control go too far

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Pekinduck posted:

Did they not learn their lesson after the 1990s doctor who killed scores of old ladies for their inheritance.

Not to be confused with the 1950s doctor that killed scores of old ladies for their inheritance.

Doctors in the UK still have the accolade of never having been found guilty of murdering a patient because the ones that did murder killed non patients, one was acquitted, and the other committed suicide while awaiting trial.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Wurzag posted:

Doctors in the UK still have the accolade of never having been found guilty of murdering a patient because the ones that did murder killed non patients, one was acquitted, and the other committed suicide while awaiting trial.

Wikipedia posted:

Harold Frederick Shipman, Jr. (14 January 1946 – 13 January 2004), known to acquaintances as Fred Shipman, was an English general practitioner and serial killer. He is considered to be one of the most prolific serial killers in modern history, with an estimated 250 victims. On 31 January 2000, Shipman was found guilty of murdering fifteen patients under his care. He was sentenced to life imprisonment with a whole life order. Shipman died by suicide by hanging himself in his cell at HM Prison Wakefield, West Yorkshire, on 13 January 2004, aged 57.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Lol drat could have sworn it was pre-verdict

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

:eng101: Under common law, if you die before every appeal has been exhausted you technically die an innocent man. :britain::hf::911::hf::canada: