Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Heck yeah, love a good twist on the tried and true format. I'm interested.

E: I will absolutely have a pun name post-draft

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Later is preferable after putting the kids to bed, but I could make 7 eastern work if that's what works best.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Snowmankilla posted:

I have no idea what my plan was, other than to take people who may be better later? Also should I try to win or lose this week? What is happening!?!?!?

Same.

Felt better about taking a guy like Breece for this exact reason. Really we're probably all overthinking it a little bit because it's hard to be in first! Don't really need to try to not have a good team.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Vargo posted:

Who's tanking, who's trying?

I think we're playing each other. I'm still rooting for a win though, despite benching my top picks. Week 1 feels the most dangerous to end up getting shelled, so a loss seems acceptable.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Luigi's Death Stare gonna lose JJ because of the Cowboys D haha

This league has me so confused in terms of what to root for. Really want to be a couple weeks in and middle of the pack so I can just start my guys.

Skyy Moore for Jefferson is catastrophic.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Not how I planned it but hey :shrug:

Oh yeah, didn't mean to imply you did anything wrong. Just realizing what a sick and perverted league this is.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Vargo posted:

I wanted to try to land somewhere in mid range and instead completely tanked! I will enjoy my certified pre-owned Justin Jefferson though.

Jefferson/Chase tandem is wild.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Yeah if ESPN still allows the change, I'd say just do it.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Silly Burrito projected for an unfathomable 3rd straight shelling...

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

?? I'm not even sure I'm winning my game.

If I had to guess, Chargin' Chuck Noll is about to lose Patrick Mahomes.

You're projected to win it and be the only 3-0 team....or am I misunderstanding how this works? I thought whoever was in first place overall got shelled.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Vargo posted:

On the other hand, I'm desperately trying to finish below 60 points so I can drop below Toad Gurley and take the shell.

My plan was to drop James Connor for some no-mame with 2 projected points at the last second. But I hosed up and forgot to take Aiyuk off IR so ESPN wouldn't let me.

So now I'm praying for intercept... and Zach Wilson just threw a TD while I was writing this. gently caress.

You're also competing with me. My team has absolutely tanked despite me starting all my best guys and actually trying to win. I think I'm currently about 2 points ahead of you and Butker is my last guy.

E: Efff Butker has scored enough that I'm gonna be ahead of Toad Gurley by like 4 points

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Another week, another shell. Ho hum.

And probably next week too with your massive points lead. An incredible run.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Vargo posted:

If you're Rainbow Road Warriors, I'd say so.

If you're Bullet Hill, I think you should have tried for the loss last week so you'd stand a chance at hitting Rainbow Road Warriors with the shell.

I'm Bullet Hill and in retrospect yeah I should have. You were a game behind me and like 50+ points back though, so I didn't think I had a realistic shot and didn't want to lose and not get the shell.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Vargo posted:

Oh I must have missed the notification.

EDIT: Oh my God that trade is beautifully terrible.

Yay my first shell! Seems like being in last after Week 10 is a problem though...

Keenan was the only real option for me I think.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

My sample size is obviously only one...but Silly Burrito you just feel like a crazy anomaly to me. Nobody should be able to lose as many guys as you have and still be in first, and yet you keep managing to do it. I think a more typical outcome would be anyone that lost multiple players to the blue shell is likely to drop down out of first and not continue to lose players.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I don't think that's a legal trade - Warren wasn't in his starting lineup so he's not eligible to be acquired.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I guess the two of you agreed to do this instead? That seems fine to me in principle, but...

I think that means that second last place (me) gets to blue shell Toad Gurley - if I'm reading the rules right. The blue shell is supposed to be thrown.

If Toad didn't realize that I'd be fine with them getting another chance to shell.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Well this is a great development for me.

Lot of good options on Toad's team but I think Kelce is the biggest overall upgrade to my roster even if he's not the best guy available. Just sent Engram for Kelce.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Heads up to everyone that it's actually a 15 week regular season because it's only a 4 team playoff (weeks 16 and 17)

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Lol I was up 26 with Tyreek against Saquon and Miami D in a matchup I desperately want to win, and Team Waah wants to lose.

And now my lead is already down to 1 and Tyreek is hurt.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Hooray, Tyreek came back and got me enough.

Sorry Silly Burrito.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Vargo posted:

Did we not get a shell yesterday?

Don't think so. Wondering if Koopa Kupp realized that it was their turn to shell because Toad Gurley is no longer eligible.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Heck yeah, 5 straight wins to get into the playoffs.

Feel like this all went pretty well for me, mostly by accident. Didn't get shelled, used the shell twice, and got into the playoffs.

Now I need Tyreek back.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

So....for some more shenanigans...

We're past 10 eastern. If I understand right, I think 4th place (Rainbow Road Warriors) was supposed to shell Silly Burrito. But he didn't.

Which means 3rd place (me) gets to shell Rainbow Road Warriors.

Is that right?

If so I'd like to trade Brock Purdy for Josh Allen.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Teams that are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs are not eligible to shell. So it's the lowest placed team that is still alive.

Toad Gurley hasn't shelled the last couple weeks despite being in 8th because they had been eliminated from contention.

Vargo posted:

Just remembered this in my other league so I wanted to declare it here early: You cannot throw a shell if you've been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

I don't think that's going to be an issue in this league for a long long time though

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Yeah it's the inaugural season of a chaos league, it was always likely that there would be some hiccups or unforeseen situations that were not immediately addressed in the initial ruleset. It's just a free league to experiment and get weird.

I get your frustration but also these rules have been applied the last few weeks as well, this isn't completely out of nowhere.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

The Chiefs (and Amari Cooper) really screwed me. GG Zack.

But I gotta root for Silly Burrito because for him to somehow win the whole thing would be hilarious and would really capture how dumb this game we all love is.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

This feels means and bad when there's no benefit to me...but it feels like in the spirit of the league I've gotta pick CMC

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

lol Silly Burrito is just gonna go wire to wire. Incredible.

Zack you could have just scored 70 points last week instead! Rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Vargo posted:

I'm really happy you all liked playing this dumb little game of mine, I'm going to do some tweaks to the offseason and will be back next year!

Here's the record of shells I saw/could remember:

I (Bullet Hill) also had 2 steals from being in 2nd last when the last place team forgot to shell. I traded Engram for Kelce (fart) and Purdy for Josh Allen right before the playoffs.