Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Haha this sounds fun as hell, I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

DK Metcalf's Jungle Parkway
Jaylin Hyatt uses Rocket Start
Boo Lake, Cleveland, OH

(Just bored & making up nonsense names)

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I have a draft countdown timer on ESPN so I imagine so!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

This guy finally got his driver's license so he'll be showing in a kart any day now:

Chargin' Chuck Noll gonna bring the Steel Curtain to the Mushroom Kingdom.

Lmao I didn't know ESPN allowed gif avatars, this rules.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I might get a blue shell then!

Come onnn Cinderella run

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Fitting that I finished dead last after never getting to shell anyone, lol.

Grats on staying at the top despite the non-stop shelling Silly Burrito!

Thanks for running this chaotic competition Vargo! And I truly hope your Dad fully recovers and settles into a stable living situation.

Have a good 2024 everyone!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Freaquency posted:

Upon reflection an 8-team league is probably too small to run a game like this. Especially since people were stocking a few real stinkers on their team to swap, there were always a few decent options to find on the waiver wire. A lot of those swaps seem be in the same tier too. Like Metcalf for Amari straight-up or this-season Kelce for Hock are trades that wouldn’t raise an eyebrow in most leagues.

What I’m saying is next year 20-team league, 8-deep bench :hehe:

Yeah, I was stocking some stinkers... as an intentional strategic maneuver... scout's honor!

Edit:

At the end of the regular season, I had the lowest Points For, highest Points Against, hadn't scored 100+ since Week 6, AND I could have snuck in the playoffs if I'd managed to put anyone worth a drat into the Flex category in Week 15. A-Kamariooooo :argh:

Not that my roster deserved a playoff berth, or would have done anything more than lose huge with gusto...

Just saying I hit more than my fair share of banana peels, mud puddles, and upside-down trap-power-ups this season. :coolspot:

also i am a dumbass who unbookmarked this thread by accident and didn't realize it til week 13 or something, oops!

kalensc fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 5, 2024

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Freaquency posted:

Yes, for me drafting Davante was a clever tactic and not at all a gigantic fuckup :ninja:

Would you like Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Jones, and Garrett Wilson as 3 of your top four picks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Next year I'm trading my picks for futures, so I can build a team entirely through blue shells in 2024, and have picks galore in 2025-2028.

Trust the Princess Peach Process.