Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I'll join

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
So, how do playoffs work?

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I didn't think about drafting blue shells. Guess I'll pick some up along the way

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Waaahhh is trying. Figure I'd be anywhere but 1st place in a given week.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
You won week 1, got shelled, then won week 2? Impressive

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I thought it went week to week, too. I guess 1st overall getting shelled is more true to Mario Kart.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
CMC, Kyren and Barkley are all dealing with injuries. Rhamondre Stevenson scored more than Kamara. I would take him.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Oh right.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
It felt so wrong to accept that, haha

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Vargo posted:

5: Play Normal: So obviously tank-to-win is a legit strategy here, but please don't keep injured/BYE week players in your lineup for the purpose of losing intentionally. I have no way of enforcing this, so just be cool.

To be clear, is it OK to bench better players in the hopes of avoiding winning a week and being in 1st place? As long as the players we play are healthy?

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Cool. Gabe Davis 0.0 in the FLEX :kiss:

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I think Snowmankilla (Rainbow Road Warriors) is trying to 'limit' their lead in the hopes that someone catches up next week and gets blue shelled. I don't see a problem with that.

The Zack fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 13, 2023

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Yeah, I see each week as a lap and the season as the whole race. I can't imagine losing 8 quality players and still kicking rear end, so be proud of that.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Gobias Ind. posted:

Lol I was up 26 with Tyreek against Saquon and Miami D in a matchup I desperately want to win, and Team Waah wants to lose.

And now my lead is already down to 1 and Tyreek is hurt.

Lol there it is, looks like I'm getting shelled tomorrow. I've been doing a great job of staying at #2.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Oh poo poo, lol

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Will there be a blue shelling after this week?

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Silly Burrito posted:

If we’re going by these rules, yes.

Ah, missed that. Thanks

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
:stare:

Waaahhh!!!

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Vargo posted:

I would call this a very creative reading of the rules but one I'm absolutely going to allow, Silly Burrito has earned this.

Ok, I'll accept the trade. He's earned it.

Besides, I'll just get Kyren back next week if we both win. :colbert:

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Hell yeah, let's do it!

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Honestly? I'm kinda rooting for him, too

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Don't feel bad, embrace the spite!

Thank you for everything, CMC :love:

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Congrats, Silly Burrito. I didn't throw the game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
(Team Waaahhh)

My strategy was to stay as close as possible to 2nd place without going over. It got me... 2nd place.

Early on I was focused on winning, then I intentionally lost a few games to avoid being shelled. The short benches made tanking interesting because I couldn't sit all of my starters. Something to consider going forward.

Next year, I won't be so afraid of getting shelled. Unless it's a large league. In an 8-teamer you can pick up good players off the wire.