Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
all of the nut shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Weidman v Tavares - no future, no hope, no balls.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Groin shot in every round of this fight?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

oh my loving god

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
lol

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shades of prime Mirko Crocop with the school yard push into kick move.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

also lmao at Longo telling Weidman "I think it's 1-1" after the second round, should've told him he needs a finish (though it likely wouldn't have mattered).

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

If Weidman wants to just hang around and fight because he likes fighting and wants some walking around cash, whatever, but if he's serious about the whole 'nah I'm gonna be champ again' thing his corner needs to have an extremely sobering conversation with him in the aftermath of this fight.

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
Weidman didn't die, so I guess that's a moral victory he can take away from this. He should still retire, though.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

delightful posted:

Weidman didn't die, so I guess that's a moral victory he can take away from this. He should still retire, though.

He should have done that after the Akhmedov fight. Needing to fight that cautiously to grind out an unconvincing win over a guy who doesn't even exist is about as big a red flag as exists.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CarlCX posted:

If Weidman wants to just hang around and fight because he likes fighting and wants some walking around cash, whatever, but if he's serious about the whole 'nah I'm gonna be champ again' thing his corner needs to have an extremely sobering conversation with him in the aftermath of this fight.

His corner is just as culpable though, as I mentioned above and also both Serra and Longo telling him "you're looking good out there" after the first round

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Brut posted:

His corner is just as culpable though, as I mentioned above and also both Serra and Longo telling him "you're looking good out there" after the first round

Tbh though - middle of a fight isn't the time to do anything else other than get your fighter focused and executing the game plan so he doesn't die.

The you need to retire chat is probably like a monday when you're sober and sore thing.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Vera's long left hook to the body is just gorgeous to watch.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

and his parrying in the pocket

:vince:

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Its wild how chito comes out of every fight.without a mark on him

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Tbh though - middle of a fight isn't the time to do anything else other than get your fighter focused and executing the game plan so he doesn't die.

The you need to retire chat is probably like a monday when you're sober and sore thing.

hahahaha I wasn't saying they should've told him to retire midfight, I guess I'm saying the gameplan was bad, but then again maybe a gameplan doesn't exists that makes 40 year old weidman win a fight.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Brut posted:

hahahaha I wasn't saying they should've told him to retire midfight, I guess I'm saying the gameplan was bad, but then again maybe a gameplan doesn't exists that makes 40 year old weidman win a fight.

Sorry - I'm with you now.

I think they wanted him to use his wrestling and not get his head punched in and leg kicked off and when that didn't work in the first they kinda had to go to the, well slug it out then game plan instead. Serra and Longo are usually pretty good with their strategy give what serra did as a fighter and what they've produced in the past but yeah - you've got a 40 year old who hasn't been in the cage for 2 years and whose knees turned to dust before his 25th birthday. There's not a lot you can really do.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Loopy Godinez sounds like a Guess Who character

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I had 1 and 3 pretty easily to Vera tbh.

Also I'm glad Rogan's tradition of "ITS TIGHT-oh he's out" never fails.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That was a good fight, and it's going to be a shame when Da'Mon's insistence on being a company man and jumping at opportunities and putting on good fights eats all his momentum and we see him again four months from now on the early prelims against Daniel Santos.

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
Is Ian Garry good? I know we're hoping Magny loses because of his child beating comments, but I know of Magny from him fighting 20 times a year.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

delightful posted:

Is Ian Garry good? I know we're hoping Magny loses because of his child beating comments, but I know of Magny from him fighting 20 times a year.

He's very good. He uses his reach extremely well and hits people on the end of them too. He's got good natural power and he's shown some good, solid - defensive grappling. Magny is past his prime but he's still a good test given he has cardio for days, can wrestle and can drown guys.

If Garry is for real he should dominate this one, but Magny is a tough out for anyone.

This is kind of Garry's prove it fight in terms of his career trajectory for mine.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Some nonsense Keith Peterson.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

That leg's gonna hurt for a long time

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Man Garry does not like Magny. Part of me is starting to think he wants to drag this out and punish him.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Vanquish this cretin

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Such a weird fight

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

BlindSite posted:

He's very good. He uses his reach extremely well and hits people on the end of them too.

Magny is past his prime but he's still a good test given he has cardio for days, can wrestle and can drown guys.

If Garry is for real he should dominate this one, but Magny is a tough out for anyone.

It's a shame that Magny seems to have trouble committing to offense when he's getting chipped away at.
He's got 6" of reach on Garry, and could have kept up some pressure upstairs while coming in off line. He knows he has to get inside the kicks, but he won't do it.

Speed edge and precision does him in, just like with Lorenz Larkin.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Garry has a vendetta against calves.

sausage king of Chicago
Jun 13, 2001
what's with the bad blood? from the kid beating comments?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I think he doesn't want this man to ever walk again and that's ok with me 👍

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
Well at least Magny's kids are safe since Magny won't be able to chase them down for a while.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

In a better, more responsible sport, Magny's corner stopped the fight either between 2 and 3 or at basically any point in 3.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

That went pretty much exactly as I was hoping, GJ Ian gently caress Magny

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

30-24

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ian got a mean streak and pretty much just cruised in 2nd gear all night. That's a scary dude.

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
30-24!?! Wow!!!

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
30 - 24?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Reminding me of when Dos Anjos immediately took out Magny’s legs. Except Rafael got the finish.