Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
Wow good callout, Wonderboy would be a great next fight

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Also gives Leon Edwards a lot of latitude for talking poo poo about Garry being afraid or looking past him.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Honestly, Gary vs Thompson sounds abslutely awesome and I would love to see that

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
Was there a case for the ref calling that fight with Magney hoping around one one leg the entire 3rd round?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

MikeC posted:

Was there a case for the ref calling that fight with Magney hoping around one one leg the entire 3rd round?

absolutely and it's pretty unfortunate he didn't

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

MikeC posted:

Yeah, if nowhere else, then right before Garry took him down for the GNP, when he ate two big head kicks through his guard.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

CarlCX posted:

absolutely and it's pretty unfortunate he didn't

K was confirming I am not crazy. I was surprised he didn't even call a doctor between 2 and 3 to check.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Lemos still looks a bit drawn out after cutting weight.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

MikeC posted:

K was confirming I am not crazy. I was surprised he didn't even call a doctor between 2 and 3 to check.

I'm not sure what a doctor would check that would stop the fight. I doubt there were broken bones or torn ligaments/muscle. And he wasn't really rocked to the degree that warranted a stoppage.
It wouldn't be a doctor's call that "yeah dude, you're getting smoked out there."

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MikeC posted:

Yeah for mine that's about as far as you should let a fighter be compromised before the ref or corner need to protect their fighter from themselves. I think Petersen was close a couple times to calling it but Magny was just, just doing enough to let it continue.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Zhang is giving her the big brother treatment

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Wei Lei is a scary lady.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
okay it's weird that Rogan was saying that a person who was clearly moving was out.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Some hard GNP, drat.

blue footed boobie posted:

okay it's weird that Rogan was saying that a person who was clearly moving was out.

Just that she had escaped.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

i thought he meant "out" like "out of the hold" which was also demonstrably false

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Didn’t he mean out of immediate danger of being choked out?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I appreciate Amanda going right back to the d'arce at the end, gently caress it

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Weili too comfortable staying on the business end of those rights. Needs to be a bit more conservative getting it to the ground.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
respect to Lemos for landing a couple of really hard rights

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

3 of those crosses per round could still be enough to get her a win.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

4 total strikes

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Zhang's size deficit on the feet means she has trouble getting her head out of the way coming in with punches. She wants to put a lot of power into the jab and is unwilling to duck to the side earlier.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

Zhang's size deficit on the feet means she has trouble getting her head out of the way coming in with punches. She wants to put a lot of power into the jab and is unwilling to duck to the side earlier.

Yeah thats how Rose was able to hit her clean pretty effectively. Wei lei is just so strong and technically sound when she gets in range it's scary though.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Ooof, the sound of that punch

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

This reminds me of watching Khabib fight, obviously a different style but just this dominance, wow.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Good ol sidekick to close it out.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That was a beating. . God drat

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

What a thoroughly necessary fight. Amanda Lemos is tough as poo poo, though.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Lemos had no answer to like 3-4 moves and got caught by all of them repeatedly

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

288-21 :laffo:

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

49-45 is inexcusable. Usually I'm a judge defender but there were a few egregious scores tonight.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Zhang
:black101:
:hai:

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Lemos gritting that out was impressive

But yikes

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Chinese fan yelling “let’s loving go!” gave me big MXC vibes

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Her trying to cut promos is amazing. Good poo poo Wei Lei.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
i would like access to whatever CCP research drugs they got Weili on. She's a beast

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

COPE 27 posted:

49-45 is inexcusable. Usually I'm a judge defender but there were a few egregious scores tonight.

I dunno, I actually would’ve given Lemos R4, too.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

COPE 27 posted:

it's a really good score card, it's funny but there's some mystery too, makes you think like any good art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

That Heart of Stone movie they're pushing has 27% on rotten tomatoes lol