Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Uh that stoppage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sausage king of Chicago
Jun 13, 2001
lol

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Save us merab

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

lmfao lmfao LMFAO

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
backpack got dropped like a kid getting home from school

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

In this reality, Carl is Dana and Dana is Carl.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

oh god

delightful
Jul 20, 2022

BlindSite posted:

Get rekt O'Malley haters I guess.

Lol

I am, indeed, rekt

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Go merab

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Cool finish but Goodnight this card sucked

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
That’s a great shot though

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

lol krusty wins

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Uhhh Joe, Aljo got hit clean to the head about 6 times and was on auto pilot.

Its a good stoppage.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Firebatgyro posted:

Save us merab

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Very mad right now because Dana white is happy

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Yeah, I didn't want him to win but it's a fine stop.

Also I know I already wrote about the shamelessness of the promotion but having the replay of the knockout brought to you by a commercial sponsorship for the challenger is incredible.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Dana would have to be hiding an erection if not for all the cocaine

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
man, that reminded me of vintage Conor. slips it by about a centimeter and then a lightning quick counter. he's very talented. if Merab is the next challenger, I think Merab's going to be very favored, but Sean can probably knock just about anyone out in the division, so he'll always have a chance

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Drop 1 million N bombs

It's only right

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Very mad right now because Dana white is happy

Why does Dana like this?

Also, why does Boston hate Aljo so much lol? Did he talk poo poo about the city?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Rogan really wanted to see him die, He was still moving?!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

On one hand goddard could've let that go longer but aljo had a lot of time to get up or wrestle and did neither. That shot was a lot like the one conor killed aldo with, yeah?

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Hit Man posted:

Drop 1 million N bombs

It's only right

Marky Mark’s allowed to tweet one at least

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

We didn't even make it out of the postfight before erasing Merab

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
lol, lmao

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

John Brown posted:

Also, why does Boston hate Aljo so much lol? Did he talk poo poo about the city?

I don't know if you know this, but Aljo is Black.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

John Brown posted:

Why does Dana like this?

o'malley is one of dana's chosen and aljo very much is not

and

black guy from NY fighting a white guy named o'malley

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

John Brown posted:

Why does Dana like this?

Dana likes O Malley because he's a stand and bang guy with some personality and he's from Boston.

Aljo is also from New York. So. Don't Boston and new York fans kinda have rivalry over everything?

Goofballs posted:

Rogan really wanted to see him die, He was still moving?!

I think it was something like 14 punches to the head without one being blocked. We can't have it both ways saying Magny shouldn't have continued in the 3rd but aljo should have been allowed to get hit more.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

That shot was a lot like the one conor killed aldo with, yeah?

Not quite. Aldo whiffed a cross but landed his hook, and thus was still fully rotating into Conor's left.
Aljo was coming in on a cross and dropping for a takedown. He flinched away a tiny bit from the power as he saw the counter cross coming.

e: I guess I would conclude, O'Malley left more space for himself to work and got off a much cleaner shot than Conor's.

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Aug 20, 2023

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

beep by grandpa posted:

On one hand goddard could've let that go longer but aljo had a lot of time to get up or wrestle and did neither. That shot was a lot like the one conor killed aldo with, yeah?

reminded me actually of the couple he killed Alvarez with--a counter that leaves about a centimeter of space, then a lightning quick well placed shot that flows through the guy

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Re Aljo hate: I guess I was hoping there’d be another reason but Boston gonna Boston.

Also, why was this fight in Boston if Aljo’s the champ??? Wtf did he do to Dana?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

BlindSite posted:

Dana likes O Malley because he's a stand and bang guy with some personality and he's from Boston.

Aljo is also from New York. So. Don't Boston and new York fans kinda have rivalry over everything?

I think it was something like 14 punches to the head without one being blocked. We can't have it both ways saying Magny shouldn't have continued in the 3rd but aljo should have been allowed to get hit more.

I'm not sure I wanted to see the Magny fight continue. I guess the difference is headshots which is what Aljo was eating. The fighters will never admit they can't win and say they've had enough and I wish their corners would a lot more often. A lot of fights like that in recent memory

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

John Brown posted:

Why does Dana like this?

He’s been pushing O’Malley as a star since he first fight, because he believed he had a marketable look and fighting style. Specifically that he would appeal to young people. And now he is champ

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

John Brown posted:

Akso, why was this fight in Boston if Aljo’s the champ??? Wtf did he do to Dana?

Not be O'Malley.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

On rewatch, hard to get mad at the stoppage - he ate a lot of clean shots after the initial one, and when goddard jumped in he was essentially facedown on the mat. Genuinely a great finish from o'malley. fora legitimately great champ, aljo's reign gonna go down as one of the weirdest ever. Extremely serra-longo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
sigh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hail satan