Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
It's not just Ishii having bad fight IQ, it's doubling down on training striking and producing this kind of performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

BlindSite posted:

He's very good. He uses his reach extremely well and hits people on the end of them too.

Magny is past his prime but he's still a good test given he has cardio for days, can wrestle and can drown guys.

If Garry is for real he should dominate this one, but Magny is a tough out for anyone.

It's a shame that Magny seems to have trouble committing to offense when he's getting chipped away at.
He's got 6" of reach on Garry, and could have kept up some pressure upstairs while coming in off line. He knows he has to get inside the kicks, but he won't do it.

Speed edge and precision does him in, just like with Lorenz Larkin.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Also gives Leon Edwards a lot of latitude for talking poo poo about Garry being afraid or looking past him.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

MikeC posted:

Was there a case for the ref calling that fight with Magney hoping around one one leg the entire 3rd round?

Yeah, if nowhere else, then right before Garry took him down for the GNP, when he ate two big head kicks through his guard.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Lemos still looks a bit drawn out after cutting weight.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

MikeC posted:

K was confirming I am not crazy. I was surprised he didn't even call a doctor between 2 and 3 to check.

I'm not sure what a doctor would check that would stop the fight. I doubt there were broken bones or torn ligaments/muscle. And he wasn't really rocked to the degree that warranted a stoppage.
It wouldn't be a doctor's call that "yeah dude, you're getting smoked out there."

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Some hard GNP, drat.

blue footed boobie posted:

okay it's weird that Rogan was saying that a person who was clearly moving was out.

Just that she had escaped.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Weili too comfortable staying on the business end of those rights. Needs to be a bit more conservative getting it to the ground.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

3 of those crosses per round could still be enough to get her a win.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Zhang's size deficit on the feet means she has trouble getting her head out of the way coming in with punches. She wants to put a lot of power into the jab and is unwilling to duck to the side earlier.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Good ol sidekick to close it out.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Unperson_47 posted:

That Heart of Stone movie they're pushing has 27% on rotten tomatoes lol

Oh, so way more legit than Power Slap.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Boston racism is the 4th key to O'Malley victory.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

"Try scoring this"
"As close to an even round as we'll ever see"

Then score it one.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

What a finish.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

In this reality, Carl is Dana and Dana is Carl.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

John Brown posted:

Also, why does Boston hate Aljo so much lol? Did he talk poo poo about the city?

I don't know if you know this, but Aljo is Black.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

That shot was a lot like the one conor killed aldo with, yeah?

Not quite. Aldo whiffed a cross but landed his hook, and thus was still fully rotating into Conor's left.
Aljo was coming in on a cross and dropping for a takedown. He flinched away a tiny bit from the power as he saw the counter cross coming.

e: I guess I would conclude, O'Malley left more space for himself to work and got off a much cleaner shot than Conor's.

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Aug 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

John Brown posted:

Akso, why was this fight in Boston if Aljo’s the champ??? Wtf did he do to Dana?

Not be O'Malley.