Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
both these dude's punches look so slow, particularly Ishii's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
lol, so one sided

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Wait, they said that dude has been in the semi-finals 3 times, this is his first time making it to the finals, but uh...he's undefeated? what happened?

I'm an idiot, it was the other guy who was undefeated.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Sick round, great start to the card

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
head kick ko seems inevitable here

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Digital Jedi posted:

KGB got her face broke i think

Yeah she sure did. Corner's telling her to get in close but she's just not doing it, at least not so far.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Think KGB gets to stay in UFC? That's 3 losses in a row.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Fighter who's nickname is "KGB" because someone once told her she kinda looks Russian, followed immediately by a fighter with an actual hammer and sickle tattoo. I love this dumb loving sport.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Hmmm hope they show us a different angle of that, looked like it was just a scrape with a closed fist (which would technically be a punch?), but not certain.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Hahahah drat what an end to that fight

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
"you're almost certainly looking at a split decision if not a draw" -jon anik

How the gently caress would it be a draw? lmfao

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

ccubed posted:

How is the UFC promo background music getting worse? I pine for early aughts nu-metal in the face of this country hip hop atrocity.

Yeah I dunno what the hell happened but sometime in the last year they suddenly started playing really loving awful music all the time, some kind of business deal I'm assuming, it sucks.

BlindSite posted:

Missed the earlies because I slept for nearly 10 hours. But I'm here now for some fights.

Watch the first fight and uh like the last 2 minutes of the last fight (or the whole thing, it was pretty good). Definitely don't bother watching Silva vs Lee.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Oh wait wtf they shoved a TUF finale in to this card? That's unusual

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

skaboomizzy posted:

Am I going insane or are the announcers calling these fighters by the wrong names because their shorts and wrist tape are mismatched

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
drat, crushed

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

sausage king of Chicago posted:

i really hope Weidman loses and it's embarrassing for everyone

it's starting already

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
"2 minutes gone by, weidman has yet to be credited with landing a strike", right as he gets whacked in the nuts, imagine taking 2 different low blows at the exact same moment.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Serra telling Weidman he wants a "gently caress you attitude" out of him for this last round hahaha

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Groin shot in every round of this fight?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
also lmao at Longo telling Weidman "I think it's 1-1" after the second round, should've told him he needs a finish (though it likely wouldn't have mattered).

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

CarlCX posted:

If Weidman wants to just hang around and fight because he likes fighting and wants some walking around cash, whatever, but if he's serious about the whole 'nah I'm gonna be champ again' thing his corner needs to have an extremely sobering conversation with him in the aftermath of this fight.

His corner is just as culpable though, as I mentioned above and also both Serra and Longo telling him "you're looking good out there" after the first round

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

BlindSite posted:

Tbh though - middle of a fight isn't the time to do anything else other than get your fighter focused and executing the game plan so he doesn't die.

The you need to retire chat is probably like a monday when you're sober and sore thing.

hahahaha I wasn't saying they should've told him to retire midfight, I guess I'm saying the gameplan was bad, but then again maybe a gameplan doesn't exists that makes 40 year old weidman win a fight.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
This reminds me of watching Khabib fight, obviously a different style but just this dominance, wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Well poo poo