Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Missed the earlies because I slept for nearly 10 hours. But I'm here now for some fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Brut posted:

Yeah I dunno what the hell happened but sometime in the last year they suddenly started playing really loving awful music all the time, some kind of business deal I'm assuming, it sucks.

Watch the first fight and uh like the last 2 minutes of the last fight (or the whole thing, it was pretty good). Definitely don't bother watching Silva vs Lee.

Thank you sir, will do.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Trillhouse posted:

lmao at the melon labia tattoo

One of my friends always says a molon labe sticker on a pick up means "free gun inside"

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This fight actually a higher level than I expected. Katona just working him over and smothering everything.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Connor and Chandler not there for the finals or have I just missed them in the crowd shots?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

diesiel posted:

So which part of Weidman explodes in this next fight?

Weidman is about 3 months shy of being 40 and got beat the gently caress down in his last two actual real fights by simple straight right hands. I expect this to be over before the end of the first in the saddest fashion.

I really, really hope I'm wrong but Tavares still hits hard and has a nice right hand and I kinda think in tyool 2023 that's enough to get past weidman.

Also JFC I have been watching Brad Tavares for almost 12 years.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Weidman looks rusty, slow and ineffective.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Much, much better 2nd round. Guess Longo's corner advice was good and cool.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Weidman v Tavares - no future, no hope, no balls.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shades of prime Mirko Crocop with the school yard push into kick move.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Brut posted:

His corner is just as culpable though, as I mentioned above and also both Serra and Longo telling him "you're looking good out there" after the first round

Tbh though - middle of a fight isn't the time to do anything else other than get your fighter focused and executing the game plan so he doesn't die.

The you need to retire chat is probably like a monday when you're sober and sore thing.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Vera's long left hook to the body is just gorgeous to watch.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

and his parrying in the pocket

:vince:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Brut posted:

hahahaha I wasn't saying they should've told him to retire midfight, I guess I'm saying the gameplan was bad, but then again maybe a gameplan doesn't exists that makes 40 year old weidman win a fight.

Sorry - I'm with you now.

I think they wanted him to use his wrestling and not get his head punched in and leg kicked off and when that didn't work in the first they kinda had to go to the, well slug it out then game plan instead. Serra and Longo are usually pretty good with their strategy give what serra did as a fighter and what they've produced in the past but yeah - you've got a 40 year old who hasn't been in the cage for 2 years and whose knees turned to dust before his 25th birthday. There's not a lot you can really do.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I had 1 and 3 pretty easily to Vera tbh.

Also I'm glad Rogan's tradition of "ITS TIGHT-oh he's out" never fails.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

delightful posted:

Is Ian Garry good? I know we're hoping Magny loses because of his child beating comments, but I know of Magny from him fighting 20 times a year.

He's very good. He uses his reach extremely well and hits people on the end of them too. He's got good natural power and he's shown some good, solid - defensive grappling. Magny is past his prime but he's still a good test given he has cardio for days, can wrestle and can drown guys.

If Garry is for real he should dominate this one, but Magny is a tough out for anyone.

This is kind of Garry's prove it fight in terms of his career trajectory for mine.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Some nonsense Keith Peterson.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Man Garry does not like Magny. Part of me is starting to think he wants to drag this out and punish him.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Garry has a vendetta against calves.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ian got a mean streak and pretty much just cruised in 2nd gear all night. That's a scary dude.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MikeC posted:

K was confirming I am not crazy. I was surprised he didn't even call a doctor between 2 and 3 to check.

Yeah for mine that's about as far as you should let a fighter be compromised before the ref or corner need to protect their fighter from themselves. I think Petersen was close a couple times to calling it but Magny was just, just doing enough to let it continue.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Wei Lei is a scary lady.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

Zhang's size deficit on the feet means she has trouble getting her head out of the way coming in with punches. She wants to put a lot of power into the jab and is unwilling to duck to the side earlier.

Yeah thats how Rose was able to hit her clean pretty effectively. Wei lei is just so strong and technically sound when she gets in range it's scary though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Her trying to cut promos is amazing. Good poo poo Wei Lei.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Unperson_47 posted:

That Heart of Stone movie they're pushing has 27% on rotten tomatoes lol

Netflix don't make good content anymore. Can't remember the last thing they made that wasn't absolute trash tbh.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Suprised Aljo hasn't started shooting yet. I thought he'd look to establish the take down early.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

10 9 to Aljo by a small margin but O'Malley definitely looks to be in his class so far.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

HOLY poo poo

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Get rekt O'Malley haters I guess.

Lol

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Uhhh Joe, Aljo got hit clean to the head about 6 times and was on auto pilot.

Its a good stoppage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

John Brown posted:

Why does Dana like this?

Also, why does Boston hate Aljo so much lol? Did he talk poo poo about the city?

Dana likes O Malley because he's a stand and bang guy with some personality and he's from Boston.

Aljo is also from New York. So. Don't Boston and new York fans kinda have rivalry over everything?

Goofballs posted:

Rogan really wanted to see him die, He was still moving?!

I think it was something like 14 punches to the head without one being blocked. We can't have it both ways saying Magny shouldn't have continued in the 3rd but aljo should have been allowed to get hit more.