Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Really glad I didn't go with 'Ridder!? I barely know 'er' team name, that would be one of those jokes too many for a single league

three posted:

Dallas D had almost half of my opponents points.

hey that's uncalled for. it was only 31%. which is still, obviously, quite a lot haha

Made me look up the highest ever fantasy score for D/ST, apparently was the Texans back in the early 2000s with loving 54 points. But if you had started Aiyuk instead of Kirk you would've won so definitely some positives (although losing JK Dobbins, drat that stinks)

Definitely had a pretty blah week, I still hate my team overall and was extremely lucky to still prevail with 0 points from Tee Higgins and less than 5 from Daniel Jones. But I feel like there is a path to improvement even though losing Aaron Rodgers made my keeping of Garrett Wilson look like a very bad call.

I would've beaten all this week's losers and lost to every other winner so I am the platonic ideal of mediocrity. I will strive to continue living up to this expectation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Hope this isn't another season where I keep running into the best team that week. Two seasons ago was like this, my points against total was way above anyone else in the league.

On the plus side, I would have lost no matter what. To me, that's much more comforting than a situation where I could have won if I played the right benched players.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Breece coming in hot and Addison looking good has me feeling like I’ve got extra WR and RB depth if anybody needs some. I sent out a couple offers.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The Big Jesus posted:

Breece coming in hot and Addison looking good has me feeling like I’ve got extra WR and RB depth if anybody needs some. I sent out a couple offers.

Who are you interested in trading? Obviously I would be very interested in Breece Hall, but I'm not sure that's what you mean. For your bench players I could be interested in Kyren Williams, probably not David Montgomery but maybe. You could handcuff Hall with Cook perhaps.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Play posted:

Who are you interested in trading? Obviously I would be very interested in Breece Hall, but I'm not sure that's what you mean. For your bench players I could be interested in Kyren Williams, probably not David Montgomery but maybe. You could handcuff Hall with Cook perhaps.

Everybody is available. Looking to upgrade at TE or do some 2-for-2s or 2-for-1s for people who have lost players to injury and need depth.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Man I'm mad that someone had priority on picking up Nacua. Wanted him so bad and now he's balling out again

The Big Jesus posted:

Everybody is available. Looking to upgrade at TE or do some 2-for-2s or 2-for-1s for people who have lost players to injury and need depth.

Nice I'll take a look after this week and see if I can think of something. Trading spices things up imo

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Man I got boned this week. They announced too late that one of my guys was gonna be out and I had to swap him for a TE in the later game who scored 4pts vs a WR I would have swapped him for who scored 20

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
SB put an rear end whopping on me. Hell of a performance by his team.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Man I got boned this week. They announced too late that one of my guys was gonna be out and I had to swap him for a TE in the later game who scored 4pts vs a WR I would have swapped him for who scored 20

Yeah, in another league I'm in I am going to lose because I was not paying enough attention to notice Cam Akers was a healthy scratch.

Had D'andre Swift and his 27 pts on the bench :negative:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

SB put an rear end whopping on me. Hell of a performance by his team.

I appreciate it but it ain’t over until late tonight. Been burned way way way too many times by MNF games. ;)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'm hosed unless Freiermuth fumbles the ball and does nothing else. drat, I really wish I had started D'andre Swift. Will fix that for next week.

PostNouveau posted:

:hfive:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

WampaLord posted:

I'm hosed unless Freiermuth fumbles the ball and does nothing else. drat, I really wish I had started D'andre Swift. Will fix that for next week.:

Dammit now you’ve jinxed it for the rest of us. :argh:

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

WampaLord posted:

I'm hosed unless Freiermuth fumbles the ball and does nothing else. drat, I really wish I had started D'andre Swift. Will fix that for next week.

:hfive:

I thought about pulling him from the lineup but that’s a loser maneuver and I need to get some more PF after my showing last week

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Big Jesus posted:

I thought about pulling him from the lineup but that’s a loser maneuver and I need to get some more PF after my showing last week

Yeah, besides *tempting fate voice* what are the odds that he's going to get you enough negative points to lose the game?

I'd normally be more upset about starting 0-2 in fantasy but the Bucs are 2-0 in reality and that makes me happy enough to not care.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The Big Jesus posted:

yeah we don't pull poo poo like that around here. PF over everything, that way at the end of the season you can explain how you actually should've won

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, in another league I'm in I am going to lose because I was not paying enough attention to notice Cam Akers was a healthy scratch.

I left Brian Robinson on the bench too, 28 points. But, at least now I have a sense for usage and same with Swift. They'll probably be no brainer starters going forward in most situations, clearly their teams want to give the a lot of plays.

It sucks more with some third wide receiver that puts up 40 points and will never do that again in their entire career but you keep chasing that high always thinking 'this week surely they will break out again!'

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

God dammit and he ended up playing! Schefter was wrong

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So uh, just drop Chubb huh?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

wandler20 posted:

I'm not sure you're even allowed to drop him, aren't players round 1 - 3 not allowed to be dropped? Or is there a condition where you can

Either way yeah that sucks for you and him. Way more for him, but you know what I mean

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

It's a keeper league sooooooooo

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

It's a keeper league sooooooooo

Fun fact, I had him last year, didn't keep him, then drafted him in the first round this year.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If I’d left Cooper in (even though they said he wasn’t going to play and set his points to zero) I would have won this is bs

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

If I’d left Cooper in (even though they said he wasn’t going to play and set his points to zero) I would have won this is bs

I actually paid them to do that. Yes, I bribed the Browns organization AND yahoo fantasy football and it was not cheap but sometimes you need to make sacrifices to get the W

wandler20 posted:

Fun fact, I had him last year, didn't keep him, then drafted him in the first round this year.

Looks like he's designated out now so at least you can store him in IR, although that also takes up an IR slot...

Also I'm still so mad at whoever took Nacua before I could. I wanted him so bad and I'm probably not gonna get who I want this week either because I'm addicted to abusing the waiver wire to the point that I have been told multiple times by yahoo that I'm not allowed to claim a player and then drop them for someone else.

Play fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 19, 2023

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Play posted:

Looks like he's designated out now so at least you can store him in IR, although that also takes up an IR slot...

I dropped him. I have top waiver priority so I'm gonna grab Ford as a replacement.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

I dropped him. I have top waiver priority so I'm gonna grab Ford as a replacement.

*sadly loads up Yahoo to cancel waiver wire request for Ford*

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
I'd just like to say Kyle Pitts is a massive disappointment but I won't give up on you, Kyle.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

WampaLord posted:

*sadly loads up Yahoo to cancel waiver wire request for Ford*

It could be a trap!!! Keep that waiver in!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

I actually paid them to do that. Yes, I bribed the Browns organization AND yahoo fantasy football and it was not cheap but sometimes you need to make sacrifices to get the W

I fuckin knew it

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Goddammit

*loads up a different waiver order for a guy I'm not saying so none of you steal him*

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

Goddammit

*loads up a different waiver order for a guy I'm not saying so none of you steal him*

Sorry I’m getting Taysom

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Big brain hunt incoming

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

three posted:

I'd just like to say Kyle Pitts is a massive disappointment but I won't give up on you, Kyle.

Pitts is nothing but a disappointment.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Add me on to the list of people who were hoping to grab Ford lol

But, it seems just that he ends up with wandler. A consolation prize of sorts

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Meanwhile I grabbed Kareem Hunt…..juuuuust in case.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm sure Justice Hill will solve my problems ...

:sigh:

This is all Najee Harris' fault

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Sorry I’m getting Taysom

Joke's on you, he's going to be playing safey

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

Joke's on you, he's going to be playing safey

I think Taysom has done everything except sell hot dogs in the stands.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wampa did I pay you? I can’t remember

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lol RIP to anyone playing teams that had Miami players today

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Keenan Allen destroyed me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

Wampa did I pay you? I can’t remember

i don't know i'll check on the dues situation at some point and let you know and also bug everyone else who hasn't paid their :10bux:

Pay your :10bux:, everyone who hasn't!!!