Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'm in, paying right now. Sunday at 2 PST should be fine for me.

e: also what is draft order for purposes of keeper strategy

Play fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Aug 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Something came up and I had no choice but to miss it, hope the autodraft didn't gently caress me over

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Oh my god it drafted Daniel Jones at starting qb. Didn't do too bad apart from that

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ugh ended up with Deshaun, I'd rather take my chances anywhere else gonna jettison all that if anyone wants him

also my draft grade is dumping on the daniel jones pick as if I was the one who decided to do that, your lovely model did that yahoo

e: but actually I agree, this draft is incredibly poo poo lol

Play fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Sep 3, 2023

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Updated my team name to Bijan Mustard. Jameis isn't relevant anymore hopefully

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Really glad I didn't go with 'Ridder!? I barely know 'er' team name, that would be one of those jokes too many for a single league

three posted:

Dallas D had almost half of my opponents points.

hey that's uncalled for. it was only 31%. which is still, obviously, quite a lot haha

Made me look up the highest ever fantasy score for D/ST, apparently was the Texans back in the early 2000s with loving 54 points. But if you had started Aiyuk instead of Kirk you would've won so definitely some positives (although losing JK Dobbins, drat that stinks)

Definitely had a pretty blah week, I still hate my team overall and was extremely lucky to still prevail with 0 points from Tee Higgins and less than 5 from Daniel Jones. But I feel like there is a path to improvement even though losing Aaron Rodgers made my keeping of Garrett Wilson look like a very bad call.

I would've beaten all this week's losers and lost to every other winner so I am the platonic ideal of mediocrity. I will strive to continue living up to this expectation.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The Big Jesus posted:

Breece coming in hot and Addison looking good has me feeling like I’ve got extra WR and RB depth if anybody needs some. I sent out a couple offers.

Who are you interested in trading? Obviously I would be very interested in Breece Hall, but I'm not sure that's what you mean. For your bench players I could be interested in Kyren Williams, probably not David Montgomery but maybe. You could handcuff Hall with Cook perhaps.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Man I'm mad that someone had priority on picking up Nacua. Wanted him so bad and now he's balling out again

The Big Jesus posted:

Everybody is available. Looking to upgrade at TE or do some 2-for-2s or 2-for-1s for people who have lost players to injury and need depth.

Nice I'll take a look after this week and see if I can think of something. Trading spices things up imo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The Big Jesus posted:

I thought about pulling him from the lineup but that’s a loser maneuver and I need to get some more PF after my showing last week

yeah we don't pull poo poo like that around here. PF over everything, that way at the end of the season you can explain how you actually should've won

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, in another league I'm in I am going to lose because I was not paying enough attention to notice Cam Akers was a healthy scratch.

Had D'andre Swift and his 27 pts on the bench :negative:

I left Brian Robinson on the bench too, 28 points. But, at least now I have a sense for usage and same with Swift. They'll probably be no brainer starters going forward in most situations, clearly their teams want to give the a lot of plays.

It sucks more with some third wide receiver that puts up 40 points and will never do that again in their entire career but you keep chasing that high always thinking 'this week surely they will break out again!'

Play
Apr 25, 2006

wandler20 posted:

So uh, just drop Chubb huh?

I'm not sure you're even allowed to drop him, aren't players round 1 - 3 not allowed to be dropped? Or is there a condition where you can

Either way yeah that sucks for you and him. Way more for him, but you know what I mean

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

If I’d left Cooper in (even though they said he wasn’t going to play and set his points to zero) I would have won this is bs

I actually paid them to do that. Yes, I bribed the Browns organization AND yahoo fantasy football and it was not cheap but sometimes you need to make sacrifices to get the W

wandler20 posted:

Fun fact, I had him last year, didn't keep him, then drafted him in the first round this year.

Looks like he's designated out now so at least you can store him in IR, although that also takes up an IR slot...

Also I'm still so mad at whoever took Nacua before I could. I wanted him so bad and I'm probably not gonna get who I want this week either because I'm addicted to abusing the waiver wire to the point that I have been told multiple times by yahoo that I'm not allowed to claim a player and then drop them for someone else.

Play fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 19, 2023

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Add me on to the list of people who were hoping to grab Ford lol

But, it seems just that he ends up with wandler. A consolation prize of sorts

Play
Apr 25, 2006

who bribed the refs to make that tutu touchdown not count. show yourself and accept punishment

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

I think the grades are relative to how whoever you played did, not as a whole league.

I scored 153.66 and Play scored 142.28. I got an A, he got a C+, even though he would have beaten all but 2 other teams this week. They poo poo all over him in my recap.

Yeah it's pretty much a form letter, it's not a very smart process and they aren't worth reading at all unless you want to see the percentages of your contributors, which is pretty easy to estimate by their scores anyways.

Although you're confusing me for Earl, I played you the week before.

Happy I actually broke a hundred points this week, rough outing for the majority of my players. This is probably a more accurate representation of what my team is. Although I take heart in the fact that one bench change and a ref call that could've gone either way would've been enough to win. Close enough to at least feel like I wasn't manhandled (even though I put up a shameful ~102 points and would've lost to literally everyone else, lol)

Not saying I definitely could've done better but I'm kind of astounded at how terrible my autodraft ended up being. Sometimes they turn out really well (I know this league has been won by autodrafted teams before).

Play
Apr 25, 2006

drat, could've won so easily this week if I hadn't counted on the Giants offense to do a single loving correct thing.

That being said, I really didn't deserve it. My team is terrible and I'm 2-2 despite having the second least points against, lol. Cowboys DST has basically saved me from being bottom of the barrel in every category.

Hopefully I've learned my lesson (I haven't, I don't even know what the lesson is)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

my goodness i got straight up bitchslapped last week. Yes I thought ASB would play and he didn't, but still that has to be the worst loss I've ever had in this game. Got doubled up on points easily, multiple starters recording zero or less than three points.

i'm sure i will rise from the ashes like a beautiful phoenix . . . definitely

e:

The Big Jesus posted:

Who needs RBs? I need everything else. (Dicker? I hardly know her!)

Sent a proposal. I could sweeten it with more players, different players, etc. Higgins is due for a better end to the season now that the Bengals seem to be getting their poo poo together, looks like he should play this week as well.

But like I said, if there's anything else I have that you want lmk. I could also be persuaded on a different RB (you really do have an absurd amount of them don't you)

Play fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 12, 2023

Play
Apr 25, 2006

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

I might score over a hundred points this week!!! Huge news!!!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

Lol I’m gonna score under a 100. This is about where I start checking out

I feel ya man it's been a rough time for me too. Worst fantasy team I've ever had I think, definitely never gonna skip a draft again no matter what's happening

Also I'm only projected to score 106 points, so I could absolutely fall short but I continue to believe!! You gotta set rational goals for yourself, not even trying to win just want that hundo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I kept Garrett Wilson instead of AJ Brown... :ughh:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

drat my poo poo rear end team actually scored the most points last week somehow. Bizarre. I would like to say the comeback starts now but I know that's not true

Also Earl of Only The Good Bryce Young, I realize this is a bit late but I don't want to win against someone who didn't remove their bye flex and QB, if you see this put someone in so we can have a fair battle! :)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Is it mathematically possible for me to still make the playoffs at 4-6 after this week

Play
Apr 25, 2006

wandler20 posted:

It's the NFCS league, of course you can!

lmao

Silly Burrito posted:

I mean, you will probably have the second highest score this week!

:smug:

i think we need to combine all of our teams into one superteam and take this rear end in a top hat down a peg or two whos with me

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Joey Freshwater don't forget to grab another RB and TE so I don't have to claim a victory without honor

Silly Burrito posted:

* = Clinched Playoff Spot

pretty sure that's actually a small butthole as drawn by Kurt Vonnegut and it's been attached to your team for obvious reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Well I have officially given up. Last few weeks one win, a close loss, a beatdown, and then today I may score less than 50 points. Burn it all down, salt the ashes and start over

Play fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Dec 4, 2023