Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Sophy Wackles posted:

I swear they changed the samoas recipe and now they are bad.

Have you moved? Or do you get cookies from a different scout troop?

The samoas that I get from my niece's NY troop taste the same as always - which is to say, they're delicious - but I moved across the country to Colorado a few years ago and if I buy cookies from my coworker's kid, they def taste different and usually not better.

That's because there are two baked goods companies that are contracted to supply the Girl Scouts. Instead of standardizing, they each use their own recipes for the cookies.

A horrifying discovery. Like the adult version of learning Santa Claus isn't real.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/75103/alert-girl-scout-cookies-differ-depending-where-you-live

Edit: I guess the local Colorado troop must get their supplies from the Kansas side of the border, because the stuff I've seen for sale are the wack ABC Bakers brand cookies.

Arc Light fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Aug 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU