Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I was watching X-Files recently and most of the music is done by Mark Snow, who loves him some pan flute.

Every time there's an Asian guy? PAN FLUTE.

Every time there's an African guy? PAN FLUTE.

Any sort of non white person earns themselves a Sledgehammer style pan flute in Mark Snow's mind.

Anyways that's the darker side of the pan flute, an otherwise storied instrument, know for its mystique and relaxing abilities.

So light up a stick of Nag Champa, put on your favorite drug rug, and bury your Invader Zim socks into your crusty shag carpeting goons:

Its pan flute time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if_TeFJfjIU

(This link contains roughly 2 hours of pan flute)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

bless you

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

ManBoyChef posted:

Holy poo poo! I remember this one time, there was this girl totally shredding the pan flutes....then I pissed my pants.....

end of story.

This sounds like it was psylocibin related

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Right so this x files episode has Raymond Cruz in it and they just used pan flute for Mexicans running across the border to the US.

Probably the most ethnically accurate so far but still seems bad. Heaps of Spanish guitar they're going hard on "Mexican themed episode".