Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I had a bit of a realization on my latest playthrough as to why so many people find Kukuru weak. She's one of the two characters who has 4 movement instead of 3 (Tosh being the other). All the characters start out with relatively decent physical attacks up until about the Illusion Lord fight. It's very easy to think Kukuru can function as a frontliner and over extend her. Since every action gives EXP if she dies early on in a map or two it can make her become underleveled very easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
The setting in the Arc the Lad collection has always been kind of fascinating to me. It feels like the level of technology is a couple of decades behind modern day at the time of release but with the additional complications of monsters and magic. It's funny that the first game managed to hide the relatively modern technology until endgame unless you really paid attention.

I also quite enjoy using Shu. He's very different from a typical JRPG ninja aside from the good speed. He's has a skillset focused on support and is very bulky even before his evasion is factored in.