Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I held off on posting this in hopes that a local would volunteer to organize a goon meet - but with four days left it doesn't look like that's going to happen, lol.

So!

Since there's a bunch of shows/events happening on Saturday, I think the most convenient option would be that of meeting for lunch before All In. Thus, the time I propose is Sunday at 1 PM. In researching the area around Wembley it seems that there's a few solid restaurants situated less than a twenty minute walk from the stadium, so that should give us plenty of time to eat and hang out for a bit before doors open at 3:30.

Please post if you're interested and make sure to mention any food allergies or dietary restrictions. I absolutely want to accommodate everybody and there's enough restaurants to choose from that it shouldn't be difficult to do so. Feel free also to share any suggestions for a meeting place or any concerns regarding the start time.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow wrestling nerds! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i only can eat chickens. nothing else right now. This is exciting, Barry! Thanks loads.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
No problem! Also I had a sneaking suspicion that this was you:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3847325&perpage=40&pagenumber=1133#post533968585

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Hell yeah, I'm in.

1 PM seems fine, couldn't make it earlier.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

sounds fab, my only dietary restriction will be “is she too hungover to actually eat?”

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
I just lurk the forums really but I'm local enough that I'm working a morning shift until like 2pm at one of the nearby pubs before All In. The shopping centre next to the stadium will have a fair few restaurants, the high street nearby should be cheaper.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Oh, neat - are you familiar with this place, by any chance?

https://traderwembley.com/

It's a little further away than I'd like but there is a bus stop right outside with a line that goes directly to the stadium. This is what I'm leaning towards as it has a food court with a bunch of different options, all of which are considerably more affordable than the restaurants nearer to Wembley.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Yeah that's a good place for sure. That whole high street is like a little slice of India

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Sounds like a good time, I have no dietary restrictions but will need some to keep me from eating everything in that place

Crimson Chin
Aug 16, 2005

mister happy turtle is a happy turtle
For simplicity (i.e. not having to deal with food restrictions, not knowing how many people will actually turn up, etc) it sounds like a food court is a good shout, so long as there is actually going to be space. The only ones nearby I see are TRADER and BOXPARK. Maybe those with previous Wembley experience can advise.

Although I'm sure me and my mate would happily come along to a meal at a specific place if you want to go down that route. He's veggie.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Frozen_flame posted:

Yeah that's a good place for sure. That whole high street is like a little slice of India

Excellent, thanks!

Crimson Chin posted:

For simplicity (i.e. not having to deal with food restrictions, not knowing how many people will actually turn up, etc) it sounds like a food court is a good shout, so long as there is actually going to be space. The only ones nearby I see are TRADER and BOXPARK. Maybe those with previous Wembley experience can advise.

I looked into BOXPARK, and while it also seems good I think TRADER being a little further away is actually a point in its favor. Since every restaurant surrounding Wembley is bound to be swamped, there's a better chance of seats being available if we meet on the high street instead.

But yeah, I'm definitely still open to suggestions from anybody familiar with the area. :)

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

There’s set to be a PROGRESS shitshow at BOXPARK, right? or are there multiple areas?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
BOXPARK is hosting the AEW All In Welcome Party at 10 AM on Saturday, the PROGRESS/DEFY show is noon on the same day at the Electric Ballroom

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

was talking about this one Sunday also lol just lol at Bischoff

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Ah, my mistake - this is the first I'm hearing of that event (also yeah wtf Bischoff)

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I looked into BOXPARK, and while it also seems good I think TRADER being a little further away is actually a point in its favor. Since every restaurant surrounding Wembley is bound to be swamped, there's a better chance of seats being available if we meet on the high street instead.

But yeah, I'm definitely still open to suggestions from anybody familiar with the area. :)

Oh yeah Boxpark is great when there isnt an event on but it'll be slammed and most places around the stadium get rammed and jack the prices up.

The other options are a tube stop or two away, area called Kingsbury a stop away has a couple places but nothing like a food court.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Oh hey I guess I'm in too. No dietary restrictions.

Just getting into London now. I was lucky enough to find a well-reviewed AirBnB near Copper Box for the weekend so I don't have to trek all over creation after RevPro.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I'm leaving early tomorrow to get to London so I'll make the time and place official now:

1 PM Sunday at TRADER Wembley (traderwembley.com, Google Maps Link)

I'll pop back in on the morning of with any last-minute info. Safe travels everyone, looking forward to meeting all of you!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

How will we recognize each other, do I yell out CM PUNK AND OR BRITT SUCK and see where a fight breaks out

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I will post about what I'm wearing on the day.

But not like in a sexy way.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope you're all ready for sixes! and sevens after that! just being jokes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

all I see is 10s ;)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

just look for the person with beard/glasses wearing a black graphic tee

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

My Lovely Horse posted:

How will we recognize each other, do I yell out CM PUNK AND OR BRITT SUCK and see where a fight breaks out

On Sunday morning I'll post what I'm wearing and where to meet outside the building :)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

instructions unclear, having lunch with Brody King

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
lmao Trader is right near a place called Farooq Hairdressers. :drat:

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Would've loved to participate, but I'm flying in tomorrow morning and will be at Wembley around door opening time. If there are any afterparties (I hear it's a bank holiday on Monday), sign me up for one of those.

Asteroid Alert fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Aug 26, 2023

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Afterparty is the way to the tube

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
If anyone wants to say hi before Defy at noon, I'm heading to the Coffee Jar close to the Electric Ballroom now.

I look like... uh...

STONE COLD 64 posted:

How dare you. I'm also wearing a blue plaid overshirt.

As for the black graphic tee:
https://shirtkiller.com/collections/elder/products/elder-lost-woods-shirt

Bonk fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Aug 26, 2023

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Heading to Defy show.

Skinny long-haired guy with Eddie Kingston shirt and this bag:
https://ibb.co/HPK6TWH

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Now going to Defy. I have not changed the clothes I mentioned since my last post, but I suppose anything can happen.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I'll be at PROGRESS/DEFY as well, currently racing there from Gatwick. Look for the guy in the front row wearing a pink short-sleeve shirt.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
The queue wraps around the end of the block, and the doors are late. Must be a DEFY show. :v:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Bonk posted:

The queue wraps around the end of the block, and the doors are late. Must be a DEFY show. :v:

oh nooooo

waiting outside the hotel for my pals to get here and drop their stuff before the dash to DEFY; black vest, big boots, blue hair

and a black tee that is NOT wrestling related!

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm standing back by the far side of the sound booth.

Bonk fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Aug 26, 2023

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Second row in front of the bar.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Just sharing here as well in case there's anyone who knows a person wanting a ticket.

I can't make the show tomorrow and I can't resale my ticket, if there's anyone in the London area/can get to the show tomorrow that wants a ticket, send me a message. First come first served.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you're a real sweaty pie for that. imy backspace is broken and i can't fix it but i did not mean that. i meant sweaty pie./ i can't fix it

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Anyone at the ChocoPro show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Cavauro posted:

you're a real sweaty pie for that. imy backspace is broken and i can't fix it but i did not mean that. i meant sweaty pie./ i can't fix it

That's alright it's an accurate statement :v: