Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Got an awkward handshake from Nick Wayne after his match. :swoon:

Thought he was pointing someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
That Wayne/Navarro match was so drat good

Currently holed up in a burrito joint down the street waiting for the pouring rain to let up a bit before I return for the second half of the show

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

fez_machine posted:

Anyone at the ChocoPro show?

Gonna go to the 9pm one!

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Currently at RevPro and I didn’t quite realize how huge the Copperbox is. If they fill this half the way, it’s an achievement

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Yo I gotta pay more attention to Robbie X.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is everyone together yet? it would be funny if you all get into a photograph with a piece of paper that says "Hello Shane" or any other message that says the name Shane in it for my friend Shane.

Logen
Feb 16, 2014

Bonk posted:

Yo I gotta pay more attention to Robbie X.

I couldn't make it to the show but watching it on a stream and the scramble match was very fun. Continue to be impressed by Jordan Breaks everytime I see him.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

good on RevPro for managing to make a show this big

fucksake at the main event starting at HOUR. FOUR.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
It looks like there's plenty of space in front of TRADER so let's just meet out on the sidewalk. I'll be wearing khaki shorts and a white Orange Cassidy portrait tee, feel free to post or PM me if you're having trouble finding the place/running late/etc. See y'all there!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

My train should arrive at Wembley Central at about 12:50, hope that's early enough. I'm

STONE COLD 64 posted:

just look for the person with beard/glasses wearing a black graphic tee
now see here

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I met most of you yesterday, but for those I didn't, I'm wearing a very faded version of this Devin Townsend shirt.

Update: Also due to my trimmer's battery dying midway through a shave, I no longer fit the bearded goon description.

Bonk fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Aug 27, 2023

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

The Ishii/Luke Jacobs match at Rev Pro last night was unreal.

Full of coffee and terrible hotel breakfast, am now.lurking until my pals train arrives

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Giving myself better than even odds that I'm on the right train

black denim jacket, The Cure shirt, see you in a bit

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Shoulda set off 8 minutes ago, but I've infected the London train network with German lovely trains virus, I am sorry and will be late

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
No worries, thanks for the heads up!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Moving now! Might be there about 10 past.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

i just want to mention that i keep reading this thread title as "plaid pants" so I know what i'm hoping to see in the group shot

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm 3 stops away, for however long that takes.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Bonk posted:

I'm 3 stops away, for however long that takes.

don't tell me you're on that delayed overground train too :v:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Wish I'd seen this sooner, though we're stuck on the M4 at the moment anyway

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Got dragged to Wembley immediately; shitshow out here. Headed to Black Sheep for drinks now since it’s on the walk up

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:whatup:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Yeah it's a madhouse out here, gates open in ten minutes so hopefully that'll help with the crowds.

Many thanks to Kennel, Bonk and My Lovely Horse for coming out, it was great meeting you guys and I hope you all have a fantastic time at the show. :)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Haha the queue to get in is so long

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
Probably not narrowing it down much but if you see someone with a NWO shirt, grey cardigan and glasses feel free to 2 sweet me

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wanted to drop back in and thank you all for saying hello to shane in a picture. it means a lot and i appreciate it.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Many thanks to Kennel, Bonk and My Lovely Horse for coming out, it was great meeting you guys and I hope you all have a fantastic time at the show. :)

Pleasure meeting all you awkward internet weirdos (including myself in that lot). Safe travels!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hit me with the "hello shane" picture that everyone took together! i can 't wait to show it to my friend shane.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i also keep reading the thread title as plaid pants

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I finally got home last night and I wanna post about the absolutely insane pace of my trip because I can't believe I just did all of this without collapsing or dying and being left in a ditch or something. I wasn't planning to do this at all until I won tickets to the ArcTanGent festival in a contest that I completely forgot I entered, so I figured I'd bookend it with All In a week later, then the rest of the trip grew from there.

Aug.14: Vancouver to Calgary, redeye to Dublin.

Aug.15: Dublin late morning, sightseeing, Temple Bar nightlife.

Aug.16: Woke up sick & jetlagged, had to call the front desk and extend my stay.

Aug.17-19: Flight to Bristol. Bus to ATG festival, saw dozens of great bands. Made friends with my tent neighbors at the campsite, really cool couple from Galway.

Aug.20: Walked Bristol, saw a big boat named Thekla (sadly no sign of the wrestler).

Aug.21: Belfast, car rental for the day. Drove on the left for the first time but picked it up immediately. Northern Ireland coast: Bonamary Friary, Kinbane Castle, Giant's Causeway.

Aug.22: Bus down to Dublin, rented a car for the week. Drove through Wicklow Gap (incredible views), Wexford for dinner, Waterford for the night.

Aug.23: Copper Coast, ended up being the only person at Dunhill Castle, a ruined fort built in the 1100s. Drove to Cork, checked out recommendations from PSP goon Mrenda. Drove to Killarney, checked out Ladies' View for sunset, one of the most breathtaking views I've ever seen.

Aug.24: Limerick (lovely city), Cliffs of Moher, Galway for drinks with my friends from ATG.

Aug.25: Dublin to London. Settled into my AirBnB out in Hackney because it was close to the Copper Box. Rested most of the day.

Aug.26: DEFYxPROGRESS in Camden, really fun show. Cool to see PNW folks like Schaff manage to win over the crowd. Nick Wayne vs KC Navarro was nuts. Skipped the PROGRESS half of the show because it conflicted with RevPro. Met a few of you PSP goons - the escape goat & I recognized each other immediately from DEFY shows in Seattle. Met Meltzer & Alvarez on the train, helped them find their stop for the Copper Box. RevPro was amazing, but very long - I get that it was their biggest show ever but they could've cut some undercard. Ospreay vs Shingo live was incredible. Sadly didn't have time for ChocoPro/EVE afterward.

Aug.27: Lunch with goons, All In at Wembley. poo poo was wild. One of the lighting pillars was partially blocking my view but I was generally able to see with the big screens above it. Trains after were crazy delayed so I didn't get back until like 1am.

Aug.28: Brain was absolutely fried, rested for most of the day. Met TEG in Camden for food & drinks. Turns out we should've started hanging out a long time ago, she's rad as hell and we're cool bros now. :cool::respek::cool:

Aug.29: Cheap Days Inn near Stansted. There was a free shuttle to long term parking, so I took it there and hiked through the woods on a trail I spotted on Google Maps because it was 40 minutes shorter than a bus. I am insane if you haven't figured that out by now.

Aug.30: Hiked back, flight to Reykjavik - a one day stopover was the same price as a direct flight back. Rested and checked out a cool food court on Borgartún with a bunch of restaurants and bars. VERY expensive city.

Aug.31: Walked through Reykjavik. Didn't have a ton of time, so I only got to check out the lobbies of the Icelandic Punk Museum and the Phallogical Museum (a legit dick museum). Hit up the Lebowski Bar for a White Russian while waiting for laundry a block away, bought a lava rock bracelet at a street fair, ate traditional plokkfiskur for lunch, walked Rainbow Street up to Hallgrimskirkja, back to the airport. Flight to Seattle around 7:30pm, but with the time change I ended up landing only an hour later than I left, so I didn't have jet lag - it just felt like a really long day.

Sep.1: Oh, you thought I was done because I was back in North America? Rented a car, drove down to Portland for Prestige - I had a ticket before I planned the UK trip. Got to meet my favorite wrestler Shun Skywalker, he's absolutely delightful. Also met Issa the PWI photographer, she's super nice too. Drove back up to around Centralia WA for the overnight stay.

Sep.2: Slowest bus ever back up to the border. 3 traffic jams on the I-5. Planned on crashing at home, but the promoter of Dusk Pro comped me for his show, so I got there after intermission and caught the rest of the show with Armbar A Cop. Got home, passed out the second my head hit the pillow.

Sep.3: I died, and now I am dead. RIP me. :skeltal:

I didn't overplan and did a lot of last minute booking, but I'm honestly surprised that I had no travel snags, missed connections, or delays the whole time. Also pretty shocked at how I was able to keep my energy up enough to do all this, even though my brain is a pile of mashed potatoes now. Like for real, I'm in my 40s, I shouldn't be conscious right now. Big thanks to ibuprofen and my dexy prescription for making this possible.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Bonk posted:

Aug.24: Limerick (lovely city)

old family is from around there, need to make it over some time

also :prepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

in retrospect chuckling pretty hard at all the self-descriptions and safety catches we did to not miss each other when it turned out we were about the only white people on the entire street