Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
I first saw Terry Funk when he was in the WWF during the mid-1980s, when he mainly feuded with JYD and "branded" jobbers with his branding iron. Later, when I started getting more into wrestling, I read the Apter mags and learned a lot about Funk's history as a former NWA champion and so on.

But it wasn't until his 1989 feud with Flair that I got to see just how truly great Funk was, and it's that feud that sticks in my mind the most. Everything he did afterwards (especially helping put ECW on the map) was great, but that Flair feud was what cemented him in my mind as one of the greatest of all time.

Here's a little highlights vid of their Great American Bash match that I found on YouTube, but the whole match is absolutely worth checking out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1NkA4-KaG0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU