Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

And what of Ron, of Meatball Ron? Has he stanched the bleeding of his campaign with tonight's performance?

I've tuned in late and I do not see Christie getting booed mercilessly every time he speaks, so that is something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
At least kissing Putin's rear end doesn't seem to appeal to the ghouls in the audience. :toot:

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Desantis has gotten the most consistent applause lines by throwing out generic red meat trumpist poo poo.

I don't think this clown car will have any impact on the race at all. I think Vivek will get a bump just because he's the new thing, but other than that I don't see anything really changing.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
The audience cheered one of Hutchinson's comments criticizing Trump, they might not be entirely representative.

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone
these school responses are SUPER loving scary

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
"To solve education, we must condemn single mothers to die" - Vivek Ramaswamy

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Old Surly posted:

these school responses are SUPER loving scary

Free markets for public schools

I am very smart

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
I gotta say I'm really enjoying watching the criminal conspiracy masquerading as a political party that is the GOP tear itself apart.

Also wonder how Vivek likes Israel's nationalized healthcare system and strong social safety nets?

It's like an avalanche of stupid. And I mean all of it.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Wanna hear from the kids who had Gov Eyebrows shadowing them for a full school day.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

The Lord of Hats posted:

"To solve education, we must condemn single mothers to die" - Vivek Ramaswamy

"abusive dad's are the best parents" - Vivek Ramaswamy

If I had to pick one of these people to govern and had a gun to my head, I guess Christie or Haley?

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

the bell isnt even a suggestion anymore

Caros
May 14, 2008

Mooseontheloose posted:

"abusive dad's are the best parents" - Vivek Ramaswamy

If I had to pick one of these people to govern and had a gun to my head, I guess Christie or Haley?

I'd pick the gun.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Skex posted:

Also wonder how Vivek likes Israel's nationalized healthcare system and strong social safety nets?

Probably gets a pass under the ~homogeneous~ exception conservatives carve out for Scandinavia, etc. "Sure, it works, and it's great, but only because they don't have those people there." Basically admitting their only real issue with social programs is the potential for the wrong people to benefit from them

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
Is Ramaswamy going to start his closing speech with "As a large language model"

Caros
May 14, 2008

Chris Christie gets the UFO question. Lawl.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I think it's fair to say that Christie comes across as the least insane.

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

Discendo Vox posted:

Thats limbo bar low

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Discendo Vox posted:

At least for tonight, I think Haley wins that.

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

do they think calling him Joseph is a slight?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Silly Burrito posted:

At least for tonight, I think Haley wins that.

She was impressive how she went from a sensible sentence to an insane whackadoo sentence one right after the other!

Old Surly posted:

do they think calling him Joseph is a slight?

Olds remember Stalin, or think they do

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Tim Scott had the good fortune of growing up with a mother who worked 16 hour days.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
That guy Vivek moves his arms around like Stan the used ship dealer from Monkey Island

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Nice final pitch by Christie.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Rappaport posted:

Ramaswamy "only war I will declare is on the federal [government]" I mean I get the audience he is going for, but woof

The Federal Government that I want to be elected to.

I know that every job interview I have I always tell them that I want to declare war on their entire organization should they choose to hire me. Odd that I haven't received many call backs after I do that no many how many times I say the word "freedom".

SalTheBard posted:

It's so weird to hear a loving reasonable position from a male Republican.

Who did that? I'm not watching this poo poo.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
That closing statement from Ron DeSantis was the most mechanical thing I've ever heard

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

So since Tucker is no longer on Fox, was the Trump interview just online on twitter or something?

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Zwabu posted:

So since Tucker is no longer on Fox, was the Trump interview just online on twitter or something?

It was probably on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

I think from the timing that this was a reaction to Burgum saying the Constitution didn't allow for a federal abortion ban.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

I don't know if it's what that post is referring to, but Christie had a pretty long statement on Ukraine with nothing objectionable in it. I think he even got through it without namedropping Israel for no reason like most of them did on the foreign policy questions.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

James Garfield posted:

I don't know if it's what that post is referring to, but Christie had a pretty long statement on Ukraine with nothing objectionable in it. I think he even got through it without namedropping Israel for no reason like most of them did on the foreign policy questions.

Christie’s statement on Ukraine was totally unhinged.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Listening to the Trump interview now. I think this guy is gonna be president again.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Vivek is going to be Trump's VP pick, calling it now

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Vivek is going to be Trump's VP pick, calling it now

Had the same thought

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Discendo Vox posted:

GOP primary poll numbers plumet

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Ither posted:

From a GOP perspective, Vivek was doing good earlier but fumbled the Ukraine question.

I think Haley will come out as the winner.

By traditional debate metrics yes, but that's not what GOP voters are looking for now.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
I think Ramaswamy did really well among the demographic of conservatives who would never vote for somebody named Ramaswamy. That "Young, not white, and populist = Obama" talking point is gonna go far.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Kingfish posted:

Listening to the Trump interview now. I think this guy is gonna be president again.

You're joking right

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

It wasn't a good interview but have you seen the other guy.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I didn’t get to watch, did they really do the responses to an absentee Trump thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I thought the most striking thing about Trump’s interview (the 1 minute I saw of it) is Trump looked BAD. Like REALLY old and sickly. I’m gonna assume that’s just Tucker having lovely production values but maybe the stress is finally getting to him or something. It doesn’t seem like a good look or one he’s want out there.