Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I didn’t get to watch, did they really do the responses to an absentee Trump thing

No, no fake Trumps at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

STAC Goat posted:

I thought the most striking thing about Trump’s interview (the 1 minute I saw of it) is Trump looked BAD. Like REALLY old and sickly. I’m gonna assume that’s just Tucker having lovely production values but maybe the stress is finally getting to him or something. It doesn’t seem like a good look or one he’s want out there.

I couldn't agree more STAC. It was just bad. Trump and Tucker both sounded totally crazy. Trump rambled incoherently at points and Tucker just asked him crazy conspiracy questions. It was a poo poo show

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I thought the most striking thing about Trump’s interview (the 1 minute I saw of it) is Trump looked BAD. Like REALLY old and sickly. I’m gonna assume that’s just Tucker having lovely production values but maybe the stress is finally getting to him or something. It doesn’t seem like a good look or one he’s want out there.
He looks pretty bad in every video I've seen not just that one, if the election depends on his actual charisma he's toast, he's lost that 2016 energy and he barely won that election anyway.

If it depends on his relative energy and constitution compared to his opponent though...Democrats are running a confused geriatric who looks like Death got stuck in traffic jam on its way to put him in a grave

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VitalSigns posted:

It wasn't a good interview but have you seen the other guy.

I get the feeling you're probably joking but Trump literally looks and sounds worse than Biden IMO which admittedly says a LOT.

When he's not made up to poo poo Trump literally looks worse than Biden in photos, and he's morbidly obese, only a few years younger, and for all the talk of Biden's verbal issues, Trump honestly sounds worse.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Aug 24, 2023

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I get the feeling you're probably joking but Trump literally looks and sounds worse than Biden IMO which admittedly says a LOT.

When he's not made up to poo poo Trump literally looks worse than Biden in photos, and he's morbidly obese, only a few years younger, and for all the talk of Biden's verbal issues, Trump honestly sounds worse.

And yet, they're basically the best each party has to offer in 2024.

:sigh:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I'm concerned that Puddin' and crazy-insane-tech-bro seemed the prettiest to the voters

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone
I like that Pence is walking backwards

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

And yet, they're basically the best each party has to offer in 2024.

:sigh:

I mean yes it's bad, but Biden, at the very least, has gotten poo poo done and not actively tried to turn us into a dystopia, or at least those around him have. I'd take 4 more years of Figurehead President Grandpa With Competent Handlers than...the alternative 100 times outta 100.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rappaport posted:

I'm concerned that Puddin' and crazy-insane-tech-bro seemed the prettiest to the voters

Ramaswamy is clearly born of MAGA and was like some kind of Trump fill in during that debate so it makes sense.

I guess it’s weirder with Desantis but people just generally leave debates with the opinion they had going in. Desantis didn’t do anything memorable but he held serve for anyone who already was on his team.

And you know. It’s self identifying “probably republican voters” so they’re all the biggest assholes already.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Maybe he’s fasting/dehydrating for his mugshot

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I mean yes it's bad, but Biden, at the very least, has gotten poo poo done and not actively tried to turn us into a dystopia, or at least those around him have. I'd take 4 more years of Figurehead President Grandpa With Competent Handlers than...the alternative 100 times outta 100.

Yeah living in a red state I can’t express enough how I much I hate Biden but I will take « doing nothing to help us » over « introducing the it’s legal to hunt queer people » bill forever and ever amen

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

The Kingfish posted:

Christie’s statement on Ukraine was totally unhinged.

The Kingfish posted:

Listening to the Trump interview now. I think this guy is gonna be president again.

What was unhinged about Christie’s statement?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I absolutely disagree. Trump looks and sounds like a reasonably fit 77yo man. Biden doesn’t look too bad, but the man cannot speak; does not sounds like he is all there. Maybe it’s just an old speech impediment coming like his people claimed (which is itself a sign of dementia) but it sounds really bad coming out of such an old man. Reminds me of awkward one sided conversations with old men at church.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The Artificial Kid posted:

What was unhinged about Christie’s statement?

His only take on the Ukraine war is that Russia is (1) stealing babies to indoctrinate as shock troops and (2) raping widows and orphans.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

The Kingfish posted:

His only take on the Ukraine war is that Russia is (1) stealing babies to indoctrinate as shock troops and (2) raping widows and orphans.

My actually russian niece goes to school in Altay with abducted ukrainian kids and the second thing 100% happens according to my actually russian soldier friends so uh, what’s the deranged bit again?

I kinda prefer the exagérâtes gop take to the wannabe communist who thinks it’s all fakes invented by Joe Biden

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Christie was telling the truth about Russia child-snatching but was trying to be too subtle in thematically tying it to Sound of Freedom stuff. The smart play would be to never overestimate his audience.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

The Kingfish posted:

Uhhh, sorry to break it to you, but those things are actually happening. Hell, #1 is why there’s an INTERPOL arrest warrant out on Putin. (The indoc part of it is obviously too early to tell. )

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Hmm tbh I've only been seeing the clips of Biden doddering around or sounding confused, but that's not a fair comparison with a scripted edited interview so I could be wrong.

It will be interesting to see what kind of public appearances the candidates do and whether one/both of them refuses to debate or something.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

My actually russian niece goes to school in Altay with abducted ukrainian kids and the second thing 100% happens according to my actually russian soldier friends so uh, what’s the deranged bit again?

I kinda prefer the exagérâtes gop take to the wannabe communist who thinks it’s all fakes invented by Joe Biden

I have no doubt that children are being taken and women are being raped; it’s a loving war. But true stories can also be unhinged in the context of political rhetoric. Like when Trump invited the widow of a man who was killed by an immigrant to his state of the union address. You would recognize identical rhetoric as unhinged if Christie was speaking in favor of increased US involvement in Sudan.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

The Kingfish posted:

I have no doubt that children are being taken and women are being raped; it’s a loving war. But true stories can also be unhinged in the context of political rhetoric. Like when Trump invited the widow of a man who was killed by an immigrant to his state of the union address. You would recognize identical rhetoric as unhinged if Christie was speaking in favor of increased US involvement in Sudan.

I’m not a big fan of rationalizing away well documented Russian war atrocities, but maybe that’s just me.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Stopping by as a Nikki Haley loather to nonetheless cheer for a former ambassador to the UN telling Vivek to his face, "you have no foreign policy experience, and it shows," to the resulting cheers of the audience :) ...

...who thought Vivek did reasonably well in the debate :(

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VitalSigns posted:

Hmm tbh I've only been seeing the clips of Biden doddering around or sounding confused, but that's not a fair comparison with a scripted edited interview so I could be wrong.

It will be interesting to see what kind of public appearances the candidates do and whether one/both of them refuses to debate or something.

Oh word? Curated clips and scripted interviews can be manipulated to make people seem better and/or worse? You don't say.

JFC, the fact that anyone would think Trump looks or sounds even comparatively good means they either have some sort of derangement syndrome or they're not paying attention. To be clear I am not saying Biden comes off great. It is rather distressingly a race to the cognitive bottom in that way. But do y'all realize it's basically been years since we've heard Trump talk to anyone that's not either himself or a sycophant? Also Trump physically looks like absolute poo poo, and the rallies are meandering, waffling, broke-brained bullshit. Dude is just as guilty of word salad as Biden is. It's maybe dressed a little differently, but word salad is word salad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Oh word? Curated clips and scripted interviews can be manipulated to make people seem better and/or worse? You don't say.

JFC, the fact that anyone would think Trump looks or sounds even comparatively good means they either have some sort of derangement syndrome or they're not paying attention. To be clear I am not saying Biden comes off great. It is rather distressingly a race to the cognitive bottom in that way. But do y'all realize it's basically been years since we've heard Trump talk to anyone that's not either himself or a sycophant? Also Trump physically looks like absolute poo poo, and the rallies are meandering, waffling, broke-brained bullshit. Dude is just as guilty of word salad as Biden is. It's maybe dressed a little differently, but word salad is word salad.

Let's just say that I trust Biden's handlers more than I would trust any Republican. That may be a low bar but it's a bar.