Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I don't know I get these loving ads all the time and I finally decided to take a cursory look at it. This Huel poo poo has anyone actually loving tried it? I ate about 400 calories for lunch so the two scoop per meal kind of fits into my calorie budget. And it looks like it could be tastier than some of the things I eat now. I mean the stuff I eat is pretty tasty and I have no issue eating chicken burrito bowls three times a week for the last year so that's fine but anyway the cost effectiveness is definitely there with like $26 per seven meals or some poo poo which is fairly nice. Anyone tried this crap is it any good is it good poo poo is it lovely poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
just eat food

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The guy from Vreaking Bad

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
Yes! I have tried it and I like it.

In fact, it's helped me lose weight and I made a thread about it in the diet, exercise, etc., forum.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I've never heard of it OP because I don't search for lovely foods so I'm not in their target ad audience.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

This is what I'm talking about btw not the soylent drinks and stuff

I just want a quick hot lunch that is nutritionally balanced.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Precook meals for a week and reheat them. This poo poo seem kinda rear end on god

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I just want a quick hot lunch that is nutritionally balanced.

Here's an idea OP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqKX7kor0fY

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Precook meals for a week and reheat them. This poo poo seem kinda rear end on god

Eh I'd rather just buy trader joes meals than to that it's like 5 a meal.

And Ive done that before and meh I get bored I'd have to make 5 sep meals or id go back to buying lunch daily eventually

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Yeah I sorta did I guess, I did the pancake and noodles poo poo for the longest time, after the bacon and fried bread days. If I have to choose I'll take butter over meat. Then like gorge one day a week on like a whole chicken and some bread and fruit and eat chicken soup and grilled cheeses and french toast and bacon the next day. Then back to cakes and noonoos and foraged berries. Then I got real big into French fries and fried chicken and fries with all sorts of toppings and chili and that was my poo poo for a while.

Overdog fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Aug 25, 2023

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Overdog posted:

Yeah I sorta did I guess, I did the pancake and noodles poo poo for the longest time, after the bacon and fried bread days. If I have to choose I'll take butter over meat. Then like gorge one day a week on like a whole chicken and some bread and fruit and eat chicken soup and grilled cheeses and french toast and bacon the next day. Then back to cakes and noonoos and foraged berries.

??????????

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Maybe this diet isn't it. I mean lack of pancakes. Cakes and noonoos was my healthiest days.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

gently caress anyone eat this poo poo or what I'm not tryna spend my 80 piece without goon verification that I can put some salt on it and enjoy it

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

probly makes you poo poo funny OP

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Bottom Liner posted:

just eat food

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Dr Steve Huel

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
The liquid stuff is kind of "chunky". I drink the gently caress out of Soylent the mild nausea after consumption makes me not feel hungry for real food

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I may be getting my goons mixed up but I think WCG is psychologically 100% incapable of eating any food that's been "put away" after it's been made. ie : no leftovers, no meal prepping, under any circumstance.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Is this micro advertising?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Mangosteen Thread 2.0

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
This just looks like himbo soilent green???

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Just eat some ramen.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
More people should have poo poo like this so I can have all the real and tasty food to myself.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

goatface posted:

Just eat some ramen.

Whoa, whoa ... whoa. You can't do that. Ramen is not nutritionally complete. You gotta grind a multivitamin into the ramen and put some protein powder on it

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKVgRxCdZXE

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Huel sounds like the noise you make when you vomit, so it's no surprise it looks like vomit too.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Spazzle posted:

Huel sounds like the noise you make when you vomit, so it's no surprise it looks like vomit too.

:hmmyes:

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

I like the shakes. Nice and thick. I wish they were unsweetened though

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Yes! I have tried it and I like it.

In fact, it's helped me lose weight and I made a thread about it in the diet, exercise, etc., forum.

easy, healthy

Rasler
Dec 30, 2008
Yeah, I tried this for a while. The 'Hot & Savoury' as well the soylent stuff.

It was quite nice, my favourite flavour was Tomato and Herb, but I found myself yearning for real food all the time as if I hadn't eaten anything at all.

Definitely best just to have it for 1 meal a day and eat normal food for your other 2 meals of the day, which I think is what they reccomend anyway.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l99Ek4YtTuw

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

I’ve had it. I like the premade ones the best. Having to add water to the powder variety makes clumps of powder no matter what you do. I know supposedly the Huel Black is the best overall but the convenience of the premade shakes makes it easy to carry around and drink at your leisure.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

you guys should check out "Food"

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Piggy Smalls posted:

I’ve had it. I like the premade ones the best. Having to add water to the powder variety makes clumps of powder no matter what you do. I know supposedly the Huel Black is the best overall but the convenience of the premade shakes makes it easy to carry around and drink at your leisure.

The horrible shits this must cause probably explains why piggy doesn't like people making GBS threads at work.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

The farts would also explain why his wife made him sleep on the couch.

Case closed we can wrap it up boys

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
What are you, on the freakin space station op? Just eat a rotisserie chicken over the sink like the rest of us, you weird nerd.

Colonel Taint
Mar 14, 2004

I've had the powder for breakfast every morning for over a year and it's fine and convenient. I don't really have problems with clumps - I use a blender bottle and I add hemp seeds, chia seeds, and creatine to the shake. The seeds make the texture a bit odd at first but I think it's long term more bearable than just the powder would be. I wouldn't recommend the powder for more than one meal a day personally. Haven't tried their hot meals because I have a girlfriend who cooks me real food for other meals.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Does it come with a high lead content like the other competing brand or do you have to sprinkle your own?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Check with forums user Nooner, op. I believe he consumes Huel on the reg according to the Lunch thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy