Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

disgusting!

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Leftovers 🤢

Dried rehydrated food is industrially processed leftovers.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

McSpanky posted:

Dried rehydrated food is industrially processed leftovers.

same with frozen foods

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Huel be making GBS threads your pants if you consume too much Huel

huel should send free pants instead of shirts

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

lmao "hot & savory" that poo poo looks disgusting and unappetizing but some of you are living like this

so maybe it's not so bad for a goon to eat something that was probably regurgitated by a bird

listen pal my mexican black bean tuna salad is cheap and delicious.

Its basically this with a little tuna:

It comes out to like $2-3 per meal

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I think huel comes out to like $1.70 a meal so it wins

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Nooner posted:

convert to dollarydoos and it all comes out in the wash

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Nooner posted:

It comes out to $1.70 per glob, not per meal. meal doesn't apply to huel

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Welp, I did the thing:

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Poohs Packin posted:

Welp, I did the thing:

Guess you're packin' some pretty noxious poo, then. Were those tablespoons properly HEAPING?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I couldve used a bit less mustard. I've got some Dijon stuff that's quite strong but was a totally serviceable meal.

I just chopped a pickle up because we don't have relish and subbed all bran for fiber one.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Honestly that sounds better using a pickle instead of relish

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

What does this poo poo look like...post mix?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

What does this poo poo look like...post mix?

I ate promptly but let's just say not very appealing.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Yeah it actually sounds pretty decent I'd eat it

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Huel: Eat Promptly

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Love how they garnish the bowls with little sprigs of oregano to make it look less like sidewalk vomit

Why not just lie about what it looks like. Fast food commercials do it all the time. Jim Bakker’s end times prepper Mac and Cheese looks better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOH37W0jPpA

The Wiggly Wizard fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Aug 27, 2023

gyrotachometer
Jul 20, 2020
hard rabbit poops cheers

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Love how they garnish the bowls with little sprigs of oregano to make it look less like sidewalk vomit

Why not just lie about what it looks like. Fast food commercials do it all the time. Jim Bakker’s end times prepper Mac and Cheese looks better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOH37W0jPpA

I died loving laughing at this videos editing skill

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Poohs Packin posted:

Welp, I did the thing:

made the most horrified face at this. there was no need to do this to yourself my guy

op I have one of the huel shakes maybe 2-3x a week. nice to blend a banana in, or some frozen fruit. it's good for when the adhd meds make me completely forget to eat, and/or when I have Depression

the hot and savory stuff I tried was... okay. the tomato/basil one was alright for a while but it ends up being this weird consistency where you can chew it, but you don't have to chew it, which is not an idea I like in food? give me chunks or give me a fuckin puree don't make me make some kind of loving decision I never thought I'd need to make. I tried a bag of the mexican chili whatever and it just smelled like farts, and the mac and cheese one made me retch. both ended up in the compost bin after one try. the pasta bologonese one sounds Okay but like I don't even want to try it at this point

at the end of the day the shakes are okay but otherwise you're probably better off having a bowel of cereal and then some jerky or something. get a costco membership and stock up on stuff there, get a hot dog on your way out

gyrotachometer
Jul 20, 2020
Back in the day Huel poops were the physics standard for a sphere

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Alright I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna buy 3 packages for 21 total meals. As this will be half of what I eat a day ish I should prolly also get an electric kettle to make hot water + the food.

Microwaving it with cold water seems like a dumb idea if it already is of questionable taste.

I think I'm gonna get https://fellowproducts.com/products...JBoCB0YQAvD_BwE

As it can be scheduled to turn on at a certain time and will notify me. Also the temp setting is nice because I don't want it at a boil. I want it at the lowest temp that will still make the food edible as to not break down the nutrients in the food.

It's time to make things happen

Also extra dude wipes ordered for the possibility of horrible shits. And a healthy dose of seaweed purchased at trader Joe's to ensure farts maintain there smell, which is like a soft scotch fragrance

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Lol dude don't get the meals just get the powder and drink it like a civilized human being.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I tried https://us.jimmyjoy.com/products/plenny-shake. Gritty would not recommend.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

death cob for cutie posted:

you're probably better off having a bowel of cereal

This stuff must be really bad.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Casually tipping back an efficient meal:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

down n out posted:

Casually tipping back an efficient meal:

Lost in the slop

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012
I bought my first pack of Huel Hot & Savory around 2019 and have been a somewhat regular customer since then. I don't like all their flavors but I found some tasty ones. On some busy work days, Huel can cut down the time to prepare and eat lunch to 15 minutes. I have more time to rest during lunch breaks and I don't get the usual post-lunch tiredness that comes with digestion of "real" food. No diarrhoea too.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Less Is Definitely posted:

I don't get the usual post-lunch tiredness that comes with digestion of "real" food. No diarrhoea too.

Whilst I'm glad you successfully hax0rd lunch, wtf "real" food were you eating that was making you exhausted and giving you diarreah?

Just fettuccine alfredo at 1145am everyday?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

and I don't get the usual post-lunch tiredness that comes with digestion of "real" food. No diarrhoea too.

you have celiac disease

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

I bought my first pack of Huel Hot & Savory around 2019 and have been a somewhat regular customer since then. I don't like all their flavors but I found some tasty ones. On some busy work days, Huel can cut down the time to prepare and eat lunch to 15 minutes. I have more time to rest during lunch breaks and I don't get the usual post-lunch tiredness that comes with digestion of "real" food. No diarrhoea too.

Why does this read like an ad?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Zybourne Clock posted:

Why does this read like an ad?

I buy huel think buy huel it buy huel reads buy huel finebuy huel? :confused:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I was thinking Mac and cheese, yellow curry , and one other bag. I want to keep it on the monthly order vibe so I just need 3 bags total for 21 meals. My lunches are usually 340 calories so jumping to 400 might actually make me feel a little more satiated and lower my cost per meal by 2 bucks ish

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I was thinking Mac and cheese, yellow curry , and one other bag. I want to keep it on the monthly order vibe so I just need 3 bags total for 21 meals. My lunches are usually 340 calories so jumping to 400 might actually make me feel a little more satiated and lower my cost per meal by 2 bucks ish

I've only ever tried the Mac and Cheese or the powders. Mac and Cheese is... OK. I mean the texture is bad, and the taste isn't great, but it's a dehydrated meal thing so what do you expect? I did ~2 months on Huel to lose weight and dropped 2 stone though (breakfast and lunch were shakes for a measured 800 cals, and then a normal meal for dinner, dropped booze completely as well, minimum 2km walking a day with very mild cardio mixed in), and I felt pretty good on the stuff. It was simple enough to maintain through a busy & stressful period in my life (high stress job that I hated) and get healthy. My digestive system didn't thank me much though, those shakes are pretty high in fiber.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
what the hell is a stone just use normal numbers I know you guys use pounds you limey gently caress

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

what the hell is a stone just use normal numbers I know you guys use pounds you limey gently caress

people are saying this yeah

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lmao for some reason

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Wendigee posted:

Lmao for some reason

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Call me a freak but if I want something quick and easy to eat that isn't full of calories I'll just a banana or tomato :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Are they all pasta?