Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I always think I'm gonna get into that healthy pasta poo poo with white wine and it's cool for like 2 meals a summer and I just want a meatball sub or some carne asada nachos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Nooner posted:

what the hell is a stone just use normal numbers I know you guys use pounds you limey gently caress

:roflolmao:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Nooner posted:

what the hell is a stone just use normal numbers I know you guys use pounds you limey gently caress

Pick kg or pounds let's not bring in a third crazy measurement.. loving stones lol

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

stones are how weight was measured in the Ultima games

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
wait is lord british in charge of the uk? it would explain a lot

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Sorry bro, I'd rather be eating my roundmeal

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
This stuff reminds me of a cartoon I saw in the 90s, they had this canned product called "Bachelor Chow" and the joke was it was like dog food except for goons. It was pretty funny, I can't remember what show it was, King of the Hill I think.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Yeah I've tried huel, meal replacement shakes have been around for a long time at this point so they're hardly particularly weird

But Huel is overpriced and pointless

Mostly I just drink whey protein shakes after the gym instead since Huel has way too little protein for me

Collapsing Farts fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Aug 28, 2023

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
my muscles need proper feed

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

What would happen if you mixed Huel with hard ketones

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

the bars are alright but i just have them as like a snack not a "meal replacement" lmao

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I can't imagine caring enough about my job to forego actual human food and maximise time on task.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
what's up with that
huell howser don't even smoke crack

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Strategic Tea posted:

I can't imagine caring enough about my job to forego actual human food and maximise time on task.

it's all fake poo poo anyway when people say that. dudes who talk like that have jobs where they write 3 emails a day and then act like they just moved a fridge up four flights of stairs solo

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

hue’ll howser don't even smoke crack

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

it's all fake poo poo anyway when people say that. dudes who talk like that have jobs where they write 3 emails a day and then act like they just moved a fridge up four flights of stairs solo

its for grown men who can't cook

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
im just lazy actually and its not like I drank that stuff for every meal. Usually just for breakfast. I have like zero appetite in the morning so if I can just drink something it fits me way better

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Poohs Packin posted:

its for grown men who can't cook

Is there one aimed specifically for grown women who can't cook? Or can all women cook?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Yeah they just put it in a pink box and charge more for it

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
It’s called lean cuisine

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Archer666 posted:

Wondering if anyone ever won the visit from Davis.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

MrQwerty posted:

What would happen if you mixed Huel with hard ketones

Instant Immortality or Instant Death, either

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Smokin Huel w/ my juul

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

RapturesoftheDeep posted:

This stuff reminds me of a cartoon I saw in the 90s, they had this canned product called "Bachelor Chow" and the joke was it was like dog food except for goons. It was pretty funny, I can't remember what show it was, King of the Hill I think.

It's Futurama and I thought of it too. An ad for Bachelor Chow is always in the opening sequence.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Archer666 posted:

i was like "huh thats weird" thinking you would bake it then i say the "Boil In Bag"

:stonk:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
SERVES 3 MEN

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
(james hetfield voice) HUEL

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

OP here is a serious answer about HUEL

If there's one thing I learned from over a decade working in eCommerce it's that any company that plasters big ad campaigns all over major platforms like Reddit does not have a good product. Plastering major platforms with ads always works for increasing sales, no matter how lovely your product or service is. This causes a whole set of corollary problems; the business realizes that increasing its ad budget is more effective than putting money into its product, they make enough money to hire business consultants who will highlight how much money was spent on advertising and tell them that they need to recoup those costs elsewhere for the sake of investors who see marketing as pure expense, manufacturing processes get cut or diminished as funds get shifted to marketing budgets. It's a natural boom-bust cycle with product quality when it comes to eCommerce and if you ever see a highly-advertised product or service online you can be absolutely 100% sure that it is of worse quality than other, similar products with lower overall budgets who are trying their best to make a good product (so that they can later ruin it in favor of a larger ads budget).

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

deep dish peat moss posted:

If there's one thing I learned from over a decade working in eCommerce it's that any company that plasters big ad campaigns all over major platforms like Reddit does not have a good product. Plastering major platforms with ads always works for increasing sales, no matter how lovely your product or service is. This causes a whole set of corollary problems; the business realizes that increasing its ad budget is more effective than putting money into its product, they make enough money to hire business consultants who will highlight how much money was spent on advertising and tell them that they need to recoup those costs elsewhere for the sake of investors who see marketing as pure expense, manufacturing processes get cut or diminished as funds get shifted to marketing budgets. It's a natural boom-bust cycle with product quality when it comes to eCommerce and if you ever see a highly-advertised product or service online you can be absolutely 100% sure that it is of worse quality than other, similar products with lower overall budgets who are trying their best to make a good product (so that they can later ruin it in favor of a larger ads budget).

My dad works in Madison square garden thank you

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If your dad works in the garden why can't you eat garden salads for lunch?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

any company that plasters big ad campaigns all over major platforms like Reddit does not have a good product.

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

(james hetfield voice) HUEL

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Archer666 posted:

this is the first time i notice mr. HENTON'S wearing a wee little ten gallon. ten liter, maybe

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Archer666 posted:

A Twilight zone where two astronauts fight each other to death for the last space MRE, as the victor eats the last freeze dried meal over the corpse of his former co-pilot the camera pans out and this is the planet

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Ever since that fallout over the "Be a Scottish lord!" thing a year or two ago, I now see any spike in a YouTube video or podcast sponsor as a major sign that the product is poo poo. Right now it seems to be AG1 and Masterworks...in which you can own a share in a painting?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

huel is the best "meal replacement" product on the market but that is not a very high bar. it's fine if you just treat it as like a snack i guess and don't actually try and replace your diet with it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bottom Liner posted:

just eat food

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
does huel give you protein brick shits?

if so, the community should call it "burning a huel log"

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
So, are these just MREs but for manchildren?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I start the morning with a quick mud drink to open my taste buds to food replacements before crackong open a bottle of Huel. I spend the rest of the morning trying to push a poo poo out before drinking slgher Huel

My wife won't sleep with me or kiss my because of Huel breath and Huel gas

Look I want this okay. I am loving HAPPY and you can't bring my clearly healthy lifestyle down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

health gruel.

swimming puel.

Ferris Hueler.

Huely Lewis and the News.