Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Just drank a huel. Makes a great way to sneak in a quick high nutrition/low calorie breakfast on days I have to go in to the office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Ironically, the dude who played Huell lost a shitload of weight. Don't think it had anything to do with Huel the product though, but he should lie and do an ad campaign for them.

Biohazard fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Aug 29, 2023

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImpGsMenmSs&t=35s

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I've entered the huelagin zone

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Those Bakker Buckets look like Huel food but with more servings.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I haven't watched the Bakker bucket video in many years and the memory has devolved into the guy just shoveling fistfuls of powdery mac and cheese into his old rotten face, while proclaiming with an overstuffed mouth how delicious it is after every bite.

Gonna keep it that way cuz lol

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Rad-daddio posted:

Those Bakker Buckets look like Huel food but with more servings.

Weren't those loving things just a load of cheese and rice?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Yeah it was just cheap rut gut foodstuffs.

Gotta give it to Mike Bakker for finding the easiest rubes to continually swindle all these years.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Just made some chocolate huel.

Then I flushed it. :grin:

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
How many Huel meals do you have to buy to unlock the limited edition black feedbag?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Real answer:

I've used Huel several times in my life. Usually when I'm depressed and don't have the energy to make real food. My ADHD focused on weight loss for a while and I used Huel as a tool for portion control.

I lost a lot of weight while using Huel as recommended, and I enjoyed it well enough that I keep it around for the depressed meals.

Shakes: They are all horribly sweet. I ended up taking my favorite (salted caramel) and mixing it 50/50 with the unsweetened/unflavored and it's pretty good. I recommend mixing it in a blender ahead of time rather than shaking in a bottle. I also added cinnamon and a banana in the blender if i was feeling a bit hungrier.

Meals: I haven't figured out how to cook the pasta well in their system. The non-pasta ones are pretty good. I especially like the spicy Indian, Green Thai Curry, and Mexican Chili. I cook up vegan beef (Trader Joe's brand is my favorite) with taco seasoning and add about 3 oz of that to the Huel while it's cooking. Makes the meal about 500 calories. Sometimes I'll also add some spicy peppers to make it spicier and, if I have any, diced green onions

Daily Greens: Its ok, no tips

Bars: Bars are hot garbage. Stay away from

Protein Powerder: Haven't tried.

Huel wasn't my only weight loss strategy, and as I got adjusted to the proper serving sizes, I expanded the scope of my meals, but Huel is always in the rotation.

Also, the Huel meals make real easy camping meals.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Huel actually makes sense for camping food.

It's freeze dried or dehydrated, right?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Biohazard posted:

Ironically, the dude who played Huell lost a shitload of weight. Don't think it had anything to do with Huel the product though, but he should lie and do an ad campaign for them.

drat it, all the fat comedy guys getting healthy and living longer. DIE FOR MY ENTERTAINMENT FUNNYMAN

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Rad-daddio posted:

Huel actually makes sense for camping food.

It's freeze dried or dehydrated, right?

Yeah. I bought some reusable "ziploc bags" that are safe for boiling water, so I'll just individually pack up my meals and my jetboil and it's easy eating. This is if I'm solo camping. If I'm with the kids then we'll do other meals, but if it's just me and the dog in the back of the car? Easy peasy, lemon sneezy.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

McSpanky posted:

drat it, all the fat comedy guys getting healthy and living longer. DIE FOR MY ENTERTAINMENT FUNNYMAN

I mean we lost Patrice and Ralphie May. Ron white came close, but gave up booze. Bert Kreisher is well on his way, I give that another 2 years.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Biohazard posted:

I mean we lost Patrice and Ralphie May. Ron white came close, but gave up booze. Bert Kreisher is well on his way, I give that another 2 years.

Bert kriesher runs, apparently.

Not sure how that jives with his funny fat guy schtick. I wonder if he stays just unhealthy enough to still be funny but not enough to need a cardiologist.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

When we moved to California we went sight-seeing at a big hydroelectric dam and the tour guide lady asked us, "Are you familiar with Huell Howser?" And somehow, as if by instinct, even though I had never before in my life heard of Huell Howser, I knew, I just knew, that he was such a z-list, not famous, unknown entity and talentless hack, I was almost offended she would even dare ask me that.

Then she popped in Huell's dam tour DVD and we watched this utter moron, Huell the Tool, proceed to bombard a physicist woman with the most juvenile questions (How many gallons of water per day? Wow! That's a lot!) and constantly interrupt her attempts to explain the underlying science and economic importance, you could actually see it slowly dawning on her that this man was a simpleton, a feeling quickly replaced by the realization that he's probably somehow getting paid more than her.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Bert Kreischer running then consuming a poo poo diet compounded with a lot of alcohol keeps him fat. Dude is killing himself, just slightly slower than some other guys.

For meal replacement stuff I've always just bought protein powder, mix with milk or water, and add some frozen fruit and maybe some greens if I want to pull out the blender. Generally its better tasting than other options due to buying good quality protein like ON from Costco. I recommend a scoop or two of vanilla mixed with a serving of frozen mango and liquid to get your preferred consistency.

I've also tried Anabar protein bars recently and god drat they are good. No sugar alcohols (which give me digestive issues, ymmv), <300cal, ~20g protein, ~25g carb, and ~11g fat depending on flavor. They are like $3 each so a bit expensive for everyday and do contain peanuts, but overall good for breakfast on days I don't want to eat.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Animal-Mother posted:

When we moved to California we went sight-seeing at a big hydroelectric dam and the tour guide lady asked us, "Are you familiar with Huell Howser?" And somehow, as if by instinct, even though I had never before in my life heard of Huell Howser, I knew, I just knew, that he was such a z-list, not famous, unknown entity and talentless hack, I was almost offended she would even dare ask me that.

Then she popped in Huell's dam tour DVD and we watched this utter moron, Huell the Tool, proceed to bombard a physicist woman with the most juvenile questions (How many gallons of water per day? Wow! That's a lot!) and constantly interrupt her attempts to explain the underlying science and economic importance, you could actually see it slowly dawning on her that this man was a simpleton, a feeling quickly replaced by the realization that he's probably somehow getting paid more than her.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Animal-Mother posted:

I watched a show where he was talking with a local Asian community leader who's great grandfather acted as a representative for Chinese immigrants that worked on the California railroad.

Huel proceeded to call the guy a "Chinaman" and the dude had to stop Huel and tell him that he was using a distasteful term.

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Huel love it or you're money back! :v:

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Rad-daddio posted:

Bert kriesher runs, apparently.

Not sure how that jives with his funny fat guy schtick. I wonder if he stays just unhealthy enough to still be funny but not enough to need a cardiologist.

Yeah he always claims that his bloodwork keeps coming back super solid. He says he has the "mickey mantle" gene, which if he's not just lying through his teeth, may be true. For the other 99.9% of humanity, his life would kill them.

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

Biohazard posted:

drat really? well good for him :D

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Biohazard posted:

holy crap, that's dramatic. good for huell. is he in anything else good besides breaky bad?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

have yuo heard of imdb

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

cumpantry posted:

holy crap, that's dramatic. good for huell. is he in anything else good besides breaky bad?

His standup is funny

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

hbag posted:

have yuo heard of imdb

i"ve heard of IMDBDEEZ NUTZ

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

Rad-daddio posted:

i"ve heard of IMDBDEEZ NUTZ

*IMDBeez. fuckin moran

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Huel should do like whatever person does that thing where they dress up like an old lady on some skit show for a couple appearances or something then spin that off into a movie where Huel plays himself and the old lady character and parley that into a show deal.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Overdog posted:

I always think I'm gonna get into that healthy pasta poo poo with white wine and it's cool for like 2 meals a summer and I just want a meatball sub or some carne asada nachos.

mama mia

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

At the end of the movie, the cannibal screams in horror: “human fuel” is just overpriced pea dust

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Hhhhhuek

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'm on 3.5 servings of Huel right now. I feel powerful.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Smugworth posted:

I'm on 3.5 servings of Huel right now. I feel powerful.

smugworth is "leanin" on the huel right now and really "on one" atm

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Can you buttchug huel

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Colonel Cancer posted:

Can you buttchug huel

I hear a guy died of that at ASU bro, scary stuff

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

The Japanese YouTube ads for Huel have "normal" people pitching the product. I'm guessing they're not hired actors, and the video and audio setup is supposed to convey an amateur blogger feel, but all of them give off a creepy MLM sales pitch vibe. I honestly don't think the Huel Japan PR folks realize how off-putting it looks.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

A common theme in this thread is us adhd alumni. I’ve had Soylent multiple times and it is alright. Never had digestion issues or bad farts. I haven’t tried Huel, but it seems like a better product especially the high protein version since I workout. I used to use Animal Meal by Animal Nutrition, and I recently started using it again. Huel does the whole Jam Pack it with minerals and vitamins and more fiber than Animal Meal, but I’m wary they cut corners or is more likely to have heavy metals in it than Animal Nutrition products.

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
Marlboro makes the best meal replacement products

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Minotaurus Rex posted:

Marlboro makes the best meal replacement products