Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

e: sorry thought this was the manga thread - spoiler for future plot events.

Maybe the scene where Blackbeard kills Thatch and steals the fruit? It'd make sense to motivate the Ace/Blackbeard chase earlier.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Oct 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Teek posted:

So help me out here, any ideas what this is alluding to? Brook/Laboon and what else? What's the other thing about the Alabasta arc that gets more info revealed way later to reinterpret events? or is he treating Brook/Laboon as two different things as they're different introductions.

Loguetown has
Dragon, who we know now way more about than when he was some weird dude with a face tat

Batolomeo is from Loguetown

Zoro's cursed sword is from Wano

Reverse Mountain has
Crocus being a member of Roger's crew.

Brook's technical introduction

Little Garden has
The crew of Dory and Brogy

Drum Island has
Blackbeard and his crew

Ace

That's all I can think of in the Alabasta Saga.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This is an issue my wife and I ran into while watching and wondering if anyone else made the same mistake or if I'm just faceblind.

During the Kuro episodes, when they flashed back to Zora and his training, I thought his sensei was also Kuro. Cause the guy looked really similar to me, same color hair, and glasses.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

John Wick of Dogs posted:

This is an issue my wife and I ran into while watching and wondering if anyone else made the same mistake or if I'm just faceblind.

During the Kuro episodes, when they flashed back to Zora and his training, I thought his sensei was also Kuro. Cause the guy looked really similar to me, same color hair, and glasses.

Nah. They're both skinny guys with glasses, though.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
faceblindness has claimed another goon

it will never not be a tragedy

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
They ate of the devil fruit but instead of the ability to swim they lost the ability to tell faces apart.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

BioEnchanted posted:

They ate of the devil fruit but instead of the ability to swim they lost the ability to tell faces apart.

If in exchange they now have the incredible destructive power of the giraffe then it's all good.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Rohan Kishibe posted:

If in exchange they now have the incredible destructive power of the giraffe then it's all good.

Oh, I really hope they make it through Enies Lobby at least. So many scenes in that arc would be incredible in live action and I want Usopp’s actor to sing Sogeking’s theme song. And this version of Luffy getting star struck over Sogeking alongside Chopper.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My prediction for what the One Piece is - many of the people after it are likely to be devil-fruit adjacent, at least having a crew member with a power. The most useful treasure? A pair of inflatable water-wings.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

BioEnchanted posted:

My prediction for what the One Piece is - many of the people after it are likely to be devil-fruit adjacent, at least having a crew member with a power. The most useful treasure? A pair of inflatable water-wings.

That’s the Two Piece.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

That's a bikini, silly

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Doc Fission posted:

That's a bikini, silly

That does make me wonder about some of the costuming choices down the line for Emily Rudd.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dawgstar posted:

That does make me wonder about some of the costuming choices down the line for Emily Rudd.

I'd be happy if they kept it modest but I'd also be happy if they didn't

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dawgstar posted:

I wonder if everyone who's a returning character was smart enough to get it in their contract for Netflix to cover the upcoming steroid and plastic surgery costs. Unless we're going with CGI/Prosthetic enhancements for manga realism.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

That's fine. I guess you're just losers then.

Netflix R&D furiously working on developing a revolutionary new neck enlargement procedure

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I mean, Emily Rudd has a rib cage, so we’re already diverging wildly from the source material.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
The ultimate test of Goon Faceblindness is to watch The Terror. Just 60 white guys with mutton chops all speaking with the same accent and wearing the same clothes!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I'd be happy if they kept it modest but I'd also be happy if they didn't

Like even looking forward into the future this iteration of Nami doesn't quite seem the dancing girl outfit type.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

The ultimate test of Goon Faceblindness is to watch The Terror. Just 60 white guys with mutton chops all speaking with the same accent and wearing the same clothes!

Wait they were different guys? This changes everything....

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Netflix R&D furiously working on developing a revolutionary new neck enlargement procedure

Netflix recently hired a total gangster to work on human gigantification in order to fill out some of the later roles.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Now that the strike is over Emily Rudd (and I assume the rest of the cast) is having a lot of fun on Instagram with stuff. It must be hard to hold your breath that long.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Have they said how long they were held hostage before the strike to film all that promotional content. lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That's pretty typical of the time between filming and release, even without the strikes. You're just going everywhere doing so much marketing. The strike really just showed up how much in advance a lot of this stuff is done.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
"my nose is caught in your hair"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv-KNABTu3U&hd=1

more blooper reels need to be released, for everything.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You're just a sad, lonely boy who always loses at FIFA!

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
https://twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1736312781811450200

god drat, wit is really moving up in the world

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

An anime OP adaption I might watch. The anime has never appealed to me due to the age, pacing and fact that they caught up to the comic so fast.

Attack on Titan story went to poo poo, but the anime was an astounding visual improvement over the comic - that tbf was already pretty good. Looking forward to whatever they do, but hope they don't go full FMA:Brotherhood and condense the first arcs too much.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

I know it's not the intention, but I do get a giggle imaging that they'll be making an anime adaption of the Netflix live action adoption. And someone making a manga adaption of that anime. How many levels of inception do we have to go before the end product is unrecognizable to the original?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Who's gonna play Iñaki Godoy's character?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So they are remaking the currently in progress anime?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

bowmore posted:

So they are remaking the currently in progress anime?

i prefer to think of it as them starting a new animated adaptation of the manga

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

scary ghost dog posted:

i prefer to think of it as them starting a new animated adaptation of the manga
Anime remake doesn't sound like that but a new adaption of the manga would be preferable

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The word remake was not officially used, that's just what people are calling it. It's a new studio, so the idea is probably an adaptation of the manga that's more tightly paced, cutting out the filler, and potentially bringing in some more foreshadowing to make things a bit more narratively consistent.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The weird part to me is that the manga, like, Has No Filler and I'd even argue the early anime is pretty much paced as well as you'll get. I would have preferred a DB Kai treatment where they tightened things up and then started really working the chopping block around the (past OPLA) Water 7/Enies Lobby arcs.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The weird part to me is that the manga, like, Has No Filler and I'd even argue the early anime is pretty much paced as well as you'll get. I would have preferred a DB Kai treatment where they tightened things up and then started really working the chopping block around the (past OPLA) Water 7/Enies Lobby arcs.

Maybe they will do that, we don't know yet!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Clearly someone ate the jump-jump fruit because they've become adept at jumping to conclusions.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

a fma:b treatment is so much better than a dbz kai one.

kai's pacing was still insanely hosed. especially in the later arcs.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I got confused by the people all reporting on that it would be a "remake" and mixing in speculation vs. what was actually announced. Whoops. It does make me wonder if they'll try and make everything in the modern art style or what, which would be... interesting. FMAB-style could be good as long as they don't do what FMAB did and rush the opening arcs. Still, I would have thought this would have at least waited until the manga was finished.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I got confused by the people all reporting on that it would be a "remake" and mixing in speculation vs. what was actually announced. Whoops. It does make me wonder if they'll try and make everything in the modern art style or what, which would be... interesting. FMAB-style could be good as long as they don't do what FMAB did and rush the opening arcs. Still, I would have thought this would have at least waited until the manga was finished.

One concern people do seem to have, rightly or not, is that it'll take the OPLA route and condense East Blue. Having reread that part of the comic very recently I didn't mind it when the show did it, but some folks are very attached to Don Krieg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Assuming they don't run it 52 weeks a year until the heat death of the universe, starting a seasonal readaptation now probably lets them only almost catch up by the time we find out what the One Piece is. Maybe not even catch up if they find a way to incorporate all the cover stories.