Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Stairmaster posted:

stop this now

Never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
That was a shockingly good adaption of the East Blue Arc. Main flaws are just common Netflix poo poo like weird color filter choices and its own unique problem of overusing the fisheye lens. Other than that--good acting, good writing; they turned the arc into a lean eight hours without any nasty cuts. I even liked the added Coby plotline. This was clearly made by people who loved One Piece because otherwise I don't think they would have been able to hit the tone right like they did here.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
That is phenomenally expensive. Well. At least we got one season!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Unfortunately, he's a poo poo and barnacle technician, not a shipwright.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Phenotype posted:

is this a thing that matters in the One Piece universe? Because I'm pretty sure they don't even have enough people to man the ship if they're gonna get at all technical about it.

One Piece Manga spoilers: I got like, a full flashback from this. I was back there, crying.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I feel like some of the most heavily-reworked portions are gonna be Little Garden and Whiskey Peak. Little Garden has a lot of nice stuff but the most important thing there is really the giants and Nami getting sick which forces them to seek out Drum Island. Whiskey Peak is mostly Zoro killing ALL THOSE PEOPLE and revealing Vivi's identity, along with her allies within Baroque Works get getting hurt. I could see that getting a lot of work depending on how they end up going with Baroque Works, the episode order, and the general flow of the season.

Oh wait, did Little Garden also have "Mr Prince?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Owens' One Piece fandom origin story sounds like almost everyone I know, including myself.