Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Whoa I had no idea the actor who plays Roronoa Zoro is Sonny Chiba's son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Finished the first season, and was overall super impressed. The last couple episodes had some really emotionally touching moments and I can't wait for season 2.

Agreed with everyone about Iñaki Godoy being the standout. It would be SO easy for his character to be really annoyingim his optimism and naiveté, but the actor's charisma and earnestness just really carried it.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Yeah it's mostly like:

Sanji: hey, *pickup line*, *wink*
Woman: no
Sanji: *shrug* okay

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Gyges posted:

Zoro's flashback also shows that the entire reason he uses 3 swords. He couldn't beat Kuina with two swords, so obviously 3 swords would make him strong enough.

It's also his way of keeping his promise to her, literally carrying her with him as a symbol.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Captain Invictus posted:

. The live action adaptation is literally just the prologue of the series.

The live action story goes up to chapter 95 of the manga, but considering it's up to nearly 1100 chapters yeah I guess that's just the beginning.

Edit-- ah I didn't realize it's only about half of the first season of the anime.

Count Thrashula fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Sep 4, 2023