Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
US Storming back against Lithuania

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Lol nevermind. This is a good game

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
Serenely watching every dirty screen set by Spain after watching Olynyk being whistled for a textbook screen

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Unsurprisingly once lithuania came back to earth on threes the USA came back, but still a ways to go

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao USA sucks

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
Canada needs to learn that only their opponents are allowed to truck players to the ground after possessions

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

Unsurprisingly once lithuania came back to earth on threes the USA came back, but still a ways to go

Their 3s look fine

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Bobby P does not really understand FIBA defense

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Canada getting worked in the paint. They need to force Spain to play at a faster pace.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

Their 3s look fine

They were 9/11 then dropped to 10/17

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

so what now, is the USA out of the tournament?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

They were 9/11 then dropped to 10/17

They hit 2 including a prayer right after you posted that, I was making a little joke.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

Looks like they just answered that. We’ll play Italy.

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
Spain having trouble adjusting to refs remembering what fouls are

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Someone check the books to see what the over/under on whistles was.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

They hit 2 including a prayer right after you posted that, I was making a little joke.

Oh lol. My stream was behind so I hadn’t seen that yet

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Team USA's undefeated record leading up to this bought them a reprieve, they had already qualified for the quarterfinals before tip-off. This match determined the seeding.

Depth was supposed America's edge but Lithuania went deeper. Really leaned on Anthony Edwards tonight.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

more like Ain'thony Edwards cant get your teammates involved or what, smh selfish

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Canada is hot garbage defensively against Spain

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Lithuania played incredibly. Sucks to lose but I feel like they would have smoked anybody tonight.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

MakaVillian posted:

Canada is hot garbage defensively against Spain

And Spain is just building a wall in front of SGA and Canada doesn't seem to know what to do.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

If you shoot 5 iso stepback 3s to end the 4th quarter while not rebounding, you deserve to lose the game.

Team USA bigs really got exposed by the FIBA whistle in this one. Bad screens, can't rebound, lots of sloppy turnovers by JJJ before fouling out. And since the guards aren't getting as insanely wide open going over screens they can't get going like they normally do.

And they're so loving talented that they still scored 40 in the frame while taking a host of absolutely garbage shots, so many ugly step back iso 3s.

I hope that Kerr can get them cleaned up. I don't think Italy can beat them but they clearly have some problems to address.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

wedgie deliverer posted:

I hope that Kerr can get them cleaned up. I don't think Italy can beat them but they clearly have some problems to address.

All those problems have been evident since the first scrimmage a month ago, so i doubt much will change.

—-

https://twitter.com/StephNoh/status/1698345833299669466?s=20

Maybe i just haven’t noticed but i don’t think Jackson is doing the Lopez twin thing where they box out multiple players and let their teammates grab an uncontested board.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

Yeah, notably USA didn't win their 2nd group which is kinda shocking. We'll play Italy instead of Serbia (Which Serbia might be the better team anyway) because of that loss, but we'll probably face Germany in the Semi-Finals which is will be a tough game. Although I guess if we won we would've probably faced Slovakia so honestly losing was probably the right move.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Kibner posted:

Maybe i just haven’t noticed but i don’t think Jackson is doing the Lopez twin thing where they box out multiple players and let their teammates grab an uncontested board.

He's doing more than 0 but they still have a rebounding big problem. JJJ has been good at contesting shots.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
Canada might want to think about making a 3 from the corner here.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Canada would be a much better team if Dillon Brooks was their 6th man instead of one of their premier players.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

BWV posted:

Canada would be a much better team if Dillon Brooks was their 6th man instead of one of their premier players.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

BWV posted:

Honestly, a very Andrew Wiggins shaped hole in this roster.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

nvm, Brooks is cooking

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

the longest 2

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Actually the Shai-Brooks backcourt is what the people want.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

What a comeback

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Hot drat!

2024 here we come

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I never doubted it!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Shai >>>>>

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.

BWV posted:

I never doubted it!

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/Sid_Seixeiro/status/1698362021924712675?t=uXca9ZAsAVPBpBUFwZWblg&s=19

Square One is the new mecca.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

Honestly, a very Andrew Wiggins shaped hole in this roster.

I missed the game but that’s absolutely true from the other ones I’ve seen. Olynyk/Wiggins/Barrett/Dort/SGA would be a brutal small ball team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Jamaal Murray launching 3s would also go a long way towards solving the collapse on Shai defences.