Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

I'll never understand kick ball being called when it is inadvertent contact with the foot or intentionally caused by the offense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Anthony Edwards giveth, Ant taketh away.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
No Ingram and get beat by Germany. Smh

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

monkey's paw posted:

You wanted USA Canada?

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

pyrotek posted:

I'll never understand kick ball being called when it is inadvertent contact with the foot or intentionally caused by the offense

I think they just made the rule cut and dry so that refs don't ever have to consider intent. Ball hit foot, ref blow whistle. End of story.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
woof, well improvement over 2019?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

drat the USA sucks

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
For real though, who is signing Obst?

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
30 for 30 Greatest bronze medal game of all time lol

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Bjay9 posted:

I think they just made the rule cut and dry so that refs don't ever have to consider intent. Ball hit foot, ref blow whistle. End of story.

I move they call the penalty "foot ball" then

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

I love FIBA ball. Dudes you've never heard of turn out to be absolute ballers. Obst should tell his agent to start calling NBA teams

Fun tournament so far!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Send Steve Kerr to Guantanamo

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

I love FIBA ball. Dudes you've never heard of turn out to be absolute ballers. Obst should tell his agent to start calling NBA teams

Fun tournament so far!

It is always nice to see the best teams play for the gold

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Germany remains undefeated. Shame that Dirk never had a roster this good.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Just, a lot of inability to get boards at critical times doomed the US, but they still had a chance, just Ant did Ant things.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Panzeh posted:

Just, a lot of inability to get boards at critical times doomed the US, but they still had a chance, just Ant did Ant things.

Ant was why the game was close

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

So close but that wild Ant pass and the two JJJ goal tends killed em

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Brunson was -19 🤢🤢🤢

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Jack's Flow posted:

Germany remains undefeated. Shame that Dirk never had a roster this good.

Theis Nowitzki Wagner Obst Schroder would be so fucken cool

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Yeah during Dirk‘s peak people were wondering why Germany can’t produce more good to decent NBA players, and now you have all these skilled forwards plus Schröder, which is really nice to see. Still waiting for that NBA level shooting guard from Germany though.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Defense fell apart without Ingram. 90 points given up in 30 minutes and it wasn’t exactly like Germany was making a bunch of well-defended 3s.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Jack's Flow posted:

Yeah during Dirk‘s peak people were wondering why Germany can’t produce more good to decent NBA players, and now you have all these skilled forwards plus Schröder, which is really nice to see. Still waiting for that NBA level shooting guard from Germany though.

Reaves was the missing piece

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Kibner posted:

Defense fell apart without Ingram. 90 points given up in 30 minutes and it wasn’t exactly like Germany was making a bunch of well-defended 3s.

The team they sent doesn’t really have a lot of good defenders. Brunson is bad, Paolo and Ant can defend and will likely be good in a few years but aren’t there yet, Halli might get good someday too but outright isn’t right now. Bridges is great of course and JJJ is very good at a few things while also being over aggressive (which hosed them today) and a godawful rebounder.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Halliburton had a good tournament but that final clip of him getting his ankles broken is gonna haunt him for years. Brutal loss, hope these fellas learned something cause it’s not like our old fogies are gonna be able to save em at 40, or at least I wouldn’t count on it.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Kerr's a fraud that's been propped up by steph and draymond for like a decade at this point.

Offense doesn't work without Steph. Defense doesn't work without Draymond. No idea how to adapt and adjust in real time.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Watched it on DVR just now. Weird game. Honestly I don't see much of a problem offensively, but they played awful defense for about 3 quarters, and in the fourth the defense was a lot better but Schroder hit some pretty wild shots and that happens sometimes, that's why you don't just start playing D in the fourth.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

wedgie deliverer posted:

Halliburton had a good tournament but that final clip of him getting his ankles broken is gonna haunt him for years. Brutal loss, hope these fellas learned something cause it’s not like our old fogies are gonna be able to save em at 40, or at least I wouldn’t count on it.

From what I've seen, Haliburton is a quick learner. His defense is still a work in progress, but he takes things very personally so it wouldn't surprise me that this all just makes him that much better.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Codependent Poster posted:

From what I've seen, Haliburton is a quick learner. His defense is still a work in progress, but he takes things very personally so it wouldn't surprise me that this all just makes him that much better.

I think he and Paolo and Ant will all be good defenders by the time they’re playing in the 2028 Olympics

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

DeimosRising posted:

I think he and Paolo and Ant will all be good defenders by the time they’re playing in the 2028 Olympics
Honestly I think they may bring Ant along, mostly to practice, watch, and get a better sense how a team of stars plays together. Right now it's still rough seeing someone miss a shot after an Ant pass or flub the catch (another year with Rudy should build familiarity with that bit :v:) and know that he'll dribble the air out before chucking the next couple possessions he gets his hands on it. Also because he's a guard that'll box out and rebound from time to time (6 today?)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This announcer is rock stupid. "These teams should study Serbia and slow the games to a crawl" is like the worst idea when you have that much talent.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I know people don’t really like Schröder, I’m not the biggest fan myself, but he has a good chance to make First Team All Tournament and win MVP if Germany manages to beat Serbia today. 17 points, 9 assists, 0 turnovers against the USA. Wagner and Schröder would probably start if they played on this version of Team USA. Naturally, the NBA will send a very different roster to Paris.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lmao

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
Holy poo poo bridges

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
Holy poo poo

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

Basketball rules

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Kind of takes the air out of that shot given how awful USA was in overtime.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lmao these dumb motherfuckers giving Coach K the credit for team USA's past success.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
USA should probably should find a coach who knows that there's a difference between power forwards and centers some time before the Olympics. Also that it's legal to have two players over 6'8 on the court at the same time.

I don't ever remember a USA team, even the ones that won, that weren't actively hampered by lovely coaching.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Secret Service waking up Joe Brandon in the middle of the night to let him know that Dillon Brooks just put the USA On Notice.