Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bonzo posted:

He was the bidder that was closest to 100 without going over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
rip Bob barker, remember to spray and nooter your pats!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

My favorite piece of useless trivia is: In the Happy Gilmore clip Bob insisted on doing his on fight scene. He was an ameture boxer, in the military I think, and didn't like the punches his stunt double was throwing

This owns

:rip: Bob Barker :smith:

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

When I was a kid I used to think the big wheel was the same one they used for Wheel of Fortune, that they turned it on its side for Wheel of Fortune later that night.

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
RIP. He'll never be the head of a bidder that was closest to 100 major corporations without going under.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Xotl posted:

RIP. He'll never be the head of a bidder that was closest to 100 major corporations without going under.

mixing up things here buddy

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

I was always really mad when they didn't play plinko and I blamed him every time.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Chinatown posted:

gently caress those assholes who bet one dollar below someone elses bet

total dick move.

I’d slap a motherfucker

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

bob deadker

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

He died what he loved doing, neutering animals. Godspeed

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Street Horrrsing posted:

He died what he loved doing, neutering animals. Godspeed

I really don't understand why you guys are so mad at him saying spay and neuter your pets.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I really don't understand why you guys are so mad at him saying spay and neuter your pets.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

He did it because animals being destroyed made him sad :(

:patriot: Although I haven't seen TPIR in many, many years now, it was always a special treat growing up to watch it. Thank you Bob.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Vampire Panties posted:

He did it because animals being destroyed made him sad :(

:patriot: Although I haven't seen TPIR in many, many years now, it was always a special treat growing up to watch it. Thank you Bob.

pets is the key word. don't let your animals make more animals that no one wants to take care of.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
I don't think I've ever caught a Bob Barker episode. Drew Carrey was always the host to me.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

emSparkly posted:

I don't think I've ever caught a Bob Barker episode. Drew Carrey was always the host to me.

Kids these days. SMH

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

emSparkly posted:

Alas, you never knew Bob's Beauties.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Drew Carry has been a pretty good replacement IMHO

In contrast to a certain Mayim Bialik

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

emSparkly posted:

:hmmno:

Cyril Sneer posted:

Drew Carry has been a pretty good replacement IMHO

In contrast to a certain Mayim Bialik

this is also a fact

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

emSparkly posted:

I’ve never felt older

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I've always appreciated how ruthlessly mean bob barker is to contestants who say or do dumb things

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

deep dish peat moss posted:

I've always appreciated how ruthlessly mean bob barker is to contestants who say or do dumb things

He was one of the last living comedians of the Carson generation and he was great

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
on a lighter note:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SEL27xiJGQ
the price is right, bitch

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

LMAO

Aaron is a cool dude if you run into him, I bet this helped humble him

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Oh man, that's a heartbeaking loss. And you get the losing tuba....

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Before the internet, people would tell you about these things and you never knew if they were urban legends or really happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM4xSIdVDNA

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I remember Bob Barker telling a customer, "You ruined my show" when she cheated. It was funny. But I can't find it now. Searching just brings up stuff about Barker's death.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Oh man, that's a heartbeaking loss. And you get the losing tuba....

it's a trombone, yeah

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I used to watch the show when I was a litle kid visiting my grandmother. I've been watching old Bob episodes of TPIR on their streaming channel. It's funny now watching people getting excited about winning a Chevette.

One thing that still annoys me is watching people constantly looking to the audience for help.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

emSparkly posted:

Fire up a VPN, connect to the US, then go to pluto.tv and watch old school episodes of TIPR for free. I still remember the price of a 1986 Nissan Sentra.

Mister Kingdom posted:

One thing that still annoys me is watching people constantly looking to the audience for help.

That audience knows their poo poo and if you don't listen to them, they will boo the gently caress out of you and Bob will even call your rear end out.

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 27, 2023

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mister Kingdom posted:

I used to watch the show when I was a litle kid visiting my grandmother. I've been watching old Bob episodes of TPIR on their streaming channel. It's funny now watching people getting excited about winning a Chevette.

where else are they going to look for help? The cameraperson, the boom mic operator, god forbid, the best boy?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I always felt bad for the people that underestimated how heavy the wheel was and it moved like 6 spaces and Bob had to give it a spin because it had to go around at least once to count.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Can we talk about other game shows? Sale of the Century was a favorite of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su_WCR5lYcs

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

where else are they going to look for help? The cameraperson, the boom mic operator, god forbid, the best boy?

If you're a fan, and obviously you'd have to be, you should know all that poo poo yourself.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

The people in the audience are almost always valuable, it's not just one but many people who have studied prices of EVERYTHING. When Jerry is screaming the price of Preparation H, surrounded by a cluster of 10+ audience members all wearing the same custom TPIR shirts as him, you'd be wise to trust them.

My favorite thing was always the Big Wheel, and god forbid you didn't get the wheel to go all the way around during the Showcase Showdown. It didn't matter if you young or old, in or out of shape, man or woman or NB, if you failed the spin the audience was merciless in their jeering.

Even Bob himself wasn't immune to the boos on the wheel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGGokl1Rmgg

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Bonzo posted:

Fire up a VPN, connect to the US, then go to pluto.tv and watch old school episodes of TIPR for free. I still remember the price of a 1986 Nissan Sentra.

I will occasionally put the prices in the inflation calculator. TVs were loving expensive back in the 70s & 80s.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mister Kingdom posted:

If you're a fan, and obviously you'd have to be, you should know all that poo poo yourself.

you're right. they were looking to me. I always had the right answer, but they couldn't hear me.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bucksmash posted:

The people in the audience are almost always valuable, it's not just one but many people who have studied prices of EVERYTHING. When Jerry is screaming the price of Preparation H, surrounded by a cluster of 10+ audience members all wearing the same custom TPIR shirts as him, you'd be wise to trust them.

My favorite thing was always the Big Wheel, and god forbid you didn't get the wheel to go all the way around during the Showcase Showdown. It didn't matter if you young or old, in or out of shape, man or woman or NB, if you failed the spin the audience was merciless in their jeering.

Even Bob himself wasn't immune to the boos on the wheel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGGokl1Rmgg

How about the inverse, when someone just cranks that wheel and we watch it go around like 30 times.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

credburn posted:

I remember Bob Barker telling a customer, "You ruined my show" when she cheated. It was funny. But I can't find it now. Searching just brings up stuff about Barker's death.

Really bad quality but here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm6Ca0SnEsw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Mister Kingdom posted:

I will occasionally put the prices in the inflation calculator. TVs were loving expensive back in the 70s & 80s.

They were more or less furniture. If it broke you could get someone to come over and fix it so you usually had the same TV for 10 years or more. Even if it totally broke down and could not be repaired, you just bought a smaller TV to put on top of it.