Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Did they forget Hill torching them when he was still in the AFC West? The amount of single coverage he drew was absurd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Wilson's completion percentage looked good because the vast majority of his passes went to the flat. In the second half the Raiders adjusted, and also Dulcich was injured so they were throwing to plodding blocking tight ends. He was getting the ball out quickly in the first half but it was back to old habits in the second.

It was also a game with a very very low number of possessions. Both teams played ball control. But every team will take away the flats from here on out so Russ will have to figure out how to throw something else. It was very discouraging. It honestly makes me think that Payton doesn't trust him.

On the plus side, the Broncos didn't play a smarmy Toby Keith song right before the national anthem.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

LiquidFriend posted:

Did they forget Hill torching them when he was still in the AFC West? The amount of single coverage he drew was absurd.

It’s baffling especially since last season when they met he was doubled like every passing play except for the 60 yard touchdown he scored, and was unremarkable outside of that play

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

LiquidFriend posted:

Not only that, but they stuck the guy coming off of patella surgery on him on press man coverage

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Not only that, but they stuck the guy coming off of patella surgery on him on press man coverage
Oof.

In positive news, the Broncos went from scoring 16 points in their Week 1 road loss in 2022 to scoring 16 points in the Week 1 home loss in 2023.

Looking good.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Well well WELL

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Broncos only had 6 possessions the entire game which seems kinda crazy

Raiders are just gonna do grindy ball control offense and I'm gonna hate it but if it gets wins the whatever I guess

https://twitter.com/JoshDubowAP/status/1701096467031830755?t=hCp-NsIv24haO8yuhyEZQg&s=19

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Is Jakobi ok?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
He walked off the field under his own power last night

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Jimmy G :allears:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

SalTheBard posted:

That doesnt mean his brains werent scrambled good. Though now that I think about it "he has a concussion" is all that we will ever hear about it. I hope the guy who applied the dirty hit gets suspended.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Withnail posted:

No he didn't, he was complete poo poo. He doesn't even looks like he wants to be playing.

What does this even mean

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

What does this even mean
He said Russ is fat and does not care about football. Hope that helps.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

His body autopiloted off the field but I'm willing to bet he will have no memory of it

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

kiimo posted:

What does this even mean

I don’t know someone can come away from yesterday’s game thinking Russ didn’t look a thousand times better than last season. More mobile, quicker decision making, protected the ball, threw for a couple of TDs.

Last season the dude just looked lost. Every game.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

waffle enthusiast posted:

I don’t know someone can come away from yesterday’s game thinking Russ didn’t look a thousand times better than last season. More mobile, quicker decision making, protected the ball, threw for a couple of TDs.

His stats from yesterday and week 1 last year are very similar so I wouldn't proclaim that he's fixed just yet.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Black Sunshine posted:

His stats from yesterday and week 1 last year are very similar so I wouldn't proclaim that he's fixed just yet.

They’re not that similar. He had a 10% higher completion rating, threw for half the yards, threw for almost 3 yards less per attempt, and his longest pass was 21 yards.

I’m not saying those differences are good, some definitely aren’t, but he was playing within the system (probably to a fault) vs whatever the gently caress was going on last year. He also looked more accurate throwing on the move, especially on the two TD passes. If he can mix in the short game chain moving stuff with a little of his old creativity things might work out alright. I think at this point Payton just had him on a really short leash.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Listening to The Fan now, and Brandon Stokley shares everyone’s concern that Russell Wilson is not in fact, Peyton Manning.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

He's maybe approaching Peyton at the end in Denver

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
27/34 for less than 200 yards is some Kyle Orton poo poo

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Yeah how can a veteran tackle not know how to line up? I am struggling to think of a plausible reason

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kull the Conqueror posted:

I'm going to Sophia post here (:rip:) and note that Kyle Orton had the strongest arm of a Chiefs QB other than Brodie Croyle for like 15 or 20 years there.

Not even trying to re-sign him and going back to Matt Cassel was rough on me.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Kull the Conqueror posted:

He played fine.

https://youtu.be/bHdiLqeHgnM?si=h_QHSxzrPuZpKI0K

Bigger issue is having a defense that let the Raiders eat clock with 5 minutes left, no Jeudy, and no kicker.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

This to me was the most obvious sign of the front office throwing in the towel for this season. McManus is on a downward trend but there is no way he would have been worse than Replacement Player, who we have now.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.
Sounds like Chris Jones is getting paid for a 1-year deal to rejoin the Chiefs.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They’re not that similar. He had a 10% higher completion rating, threw for half the yards, threw for almost 3 yards less per attempt, and his longest pass was 21 yards.

I’m not saying those differences are good, some definitely aren’t, but he was playing within the system (probably to a fault) vs whatever the gently caress was going on last year. He also looked more accurate throwing on the move, especially on the two TD passes. If he can mix in the short game chain moving stuff with a little of his old creativity things might work out alright. I think at this point Payton just had him on a really short leash.

didn't they also only get like 5 or 6 drives the whole game bc both teams were going full ball control?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Seiyal posted:

Sounds like Chris Jones is getting paid for a 1-year deal to rejoin the Chiefs.

Also he'll be gone next year. Tag and trade. One last ride

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

waffle enthusiast posted:

In the first half, I'd agree with this. Not the second.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Relentlessboredomm posted:

didn't they also only get like 5 or 6 drives the whole game bc both teams were going full ball control?

They had six drives. They scored 2 TDs, had 2 FG attempts (missed one) and punted twice. They had two drives that lasted 8+ minutes. Like you said, a very heavy emphasis on ball control and keeping the chains moving on both sides.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

kiimo posted:

Also he'll be gone next year. Tag and trade. One last ride

Didn’t his contract go through the end of this year, anyway? He’s already being paid this year so what’s the point of a new one year extension for him to leave? These contract holdouts are weird.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Ort posted:

Didn’t his contract go through the end of this year, anyway? He’s already being paid this year so what’s the point of a new one year extension for him to leave? These contract holdouts are weird.

come now, you've seen his advisors.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ort posted:

They gave him a bunch of bonus incentives for things he's already hit in his career, so he's likely seeing another 4-5 million after the holdout.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

They gave him a bunch of bonus incentives for things he's already hit in his career, so he's likely seeing another 4-5 million after the holdout.

https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/1701593328838668438?s=46&t=BSzhFErQ6N9N1FAHwRiTEg

Not really. He was down three and a half million just from missing camp and game one. If he gets to 15 sacks he’s a little positive. All he did was add any of those incentives to next years cap if he hits them.

He’s made first team all pro once and he won’t be DPOY. And both of those are dependent on team performance too. He really accomplished… nothing.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I didn’t realize he’s down 3.5 million from the holdout 😮

Edit 3.9!!! Holy hell.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Some real galaxy brain poo poo from his guido agents

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

His agents definitely use Italian slurs in a derogatory way based on my experience with extended family there.

Look at these guys

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

He gets back on the field to keep his tag number high for 2024, and surely he fires those agents.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
This bodes ill. https://www.9news.com/article/sport...0f-f019fe76438d

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Like how they’re really trying to sell how laborious it is for the team of six and then it’s like “this guy clears the photographers” and “this other guy clears the refs.” And it’s mostly dependent on Denver scoring—they could get away with two people, three tops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

My high school had a single lady managing our mascot horse. Two if you count the guy dressed as a knight riding atop the beast.